Titles Expanded

JFD

Kathigitarkh
Download

This mod is a stripped down version of a component featured in my W.I.P. Sovereignty Revised mod, which diversifies the title system as present in the vanilla game. Titles are allotted based upon basic social policy choice in the same way as vanilla, but vary by culture or civ (for instance, though Poland may receive the title of King from adopting Tradition, Morocco will take the title Sultan). In addition, epithets are now complementary to your title. In SovRev, there is a greater variety of epithets tied to your playstyle, but in this mod they are chosen using the vanilla system - which tends to favour the tree that you've invested the most culture in.

Only Tradition, Liberty, Honour and Piety may confer titles, but all (including Autocracy, Freedom and Order) offer epithets.

All of my custom civs have inbuilt compatibility; any other custom civ will take one of the default titles. In the future, I likely will add compatibility for those custom civs.

I encourage anyone who uses this to leave suggestions as to unique titles, or ways in which this system might be better reflected. There is a fine line between using titles with distinctive meaning and those which are mere transliterations, and at times I may have crossed this. This will help me better develop SovRev for the future.

Note that this mod replaces the SocialPolicyPopup.lua and the GameplayUtilities.lua files, so will be incompatible with any mods which, too, alter these files.

I'm not sure why, but when I use this mod, modded civs don't have any titles at all, not even the default ones.

Top Bottom