1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

TLC Mercantile (Solo/MP Epic)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Oni Ryuu, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Jarovid

Jarovid Prince

Sounds great, especially if pirate ship have bombard ability, it could really spice things up.

2. Oni Ryuu

Oni Ryuu King

The Pirate Galleys don’t but the Pirate Ships and Privateers do.
    Ragnar will be pleased.

3. Oni Ryuu

Oni Ryuu King

I’m now in 294, at the start of the medieval era and I can’t see any kind of problem (yet). I want to say it’s fixed but I’m going to delay the celebrations until I’ve researched everything.

I’ve made a number of improvements to the game folder and I’m working on updating some of the graphics.

4. Jarovid

Jarovid Prince

Siege gun cannot be loaded onto Cannon Galleon

5. Oni Ryuu

Oni Ryuu King

All of the units from Fire Catapults to Siege Howitzers are in the Medium/Mechanised weight class. It probably won’t be stated in your Civilopedia.
    The Cargo Ship (Battle Fleet) is the first unit that can transport that weight class.

I’m in the process of restructuring the Civilopedia’s format and updating the information to match the corrections made to the .biq so; this Civilopedia is much more accurate (for the latest .biq) but it's not finished yet.
    Download

6. Oni Ryuu

Oni Ryuu King

I’ve got the advanced worker options working again. I have also made a tonne of repairs and I’m as sure as I can be; that the persistent bug we’ve been having in now gone.:D

It’s necessary to restart my game (once again:twitch:) to make sure I’ve eliminated all known flaws so; it’ll be a while before I get back to the industrial era.

You’ll all have to re-download your master folders and .biqs. There are a few updates planned for the graphics and civilopedia but they can be added as patches.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  7. Oni Ryuu

Oni Ryuu King

Jarovid
    I’m reluctant to say it but, I think you game is irreparable. I’m not arbitrarily dismissing it; I’ve spent the last 10 ½ hours trying to find what the problem is and it seems to be beyond any simple solution. I think it has something to do with the Ottomans or Iroquoians but nothing I do has any useful effect.
    Admittedly, the timing is conspicuous (considering the latest update) but there is nothing else I can suggest but to start a new game. I’m well aware of how invested you are and it must be disappointing so I can only offer my condolences.
    I'm sorry, Oni.
    P.S. If you want to try to repair your game by yourself; I’m quite willing to walk you through my methods but i wouldn't holdout much hope.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  8. Jarovid

Jarovid Prince

No worries, mate. Let me know when updated files are ready for download.

9. Oni Ryuu

Oni Ryuu King

Everything necessary for the game to function is available to download. I have some civilopedia and graphics work to complete but that can be added as a patch.

If you download the (M).biq, you can edit your own map using the Firaxis editor if you find the randomly generated maps unsuitable.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  10. Oni Ryuu

Oni Ryuu King

How is your game going?

I still have plenty of work to do on the unit graphics (adding resources) but the Civilopedia is progressing quickly. This is the most up to date version so far.
    Civilopedia
    I’m hoping to have it done in a few days but I thought you might have passed the updated entries already.

Glutius Max & we76
    If you’re still with us, I’d like to know how you’re doing too.

11. Oni Ryuu

Oni Ryuu King

I’ve just had a crash-to-desktop and I’m not happy. I was convinced that we were past these issues.
    I reloaded it from the last auto save without any problem.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  12. Oni Ryuu

Oni Ryuu King

The ‘immobilise’ trait was deactivated from a number of units when I fix the advanced worker options.
    It should explain the crash I had earlier.
    Sorry guys.

13. Glutius Max

Glutius Max Warlord

I'm not gone but have been away for a while. I scrapped the old game I was playing that still had the same bug as before with the game crashing when I tried to upgrade units. I'll be checking out this new download soon and let you know how it goes.

14. Oni Ryuu

Oni Ryuu King

I hope you were somewhere fun.
    The .biq still has flaws but I’ve not seen anything like the trouble I had before.
    It'l be good to have you back.

15. Oni Ryuu

Oni Ryuu King

I can confirm that the AI has built an artillery unit, moved it to one of my cities and bombarded with it. This unit cannot be captured or auto produced but could have been upgraded from an earlier unit.

I would like to know what causes the AI to use its artillery. If the AI used enough artillery offensively, they’d continue to be a serious threat throughout the game.

I still think the most detrimental flaw in the AI’s logic is its inability to perform a competent amphibious assault.

16. Glutius Max

Glutius Max Warlord

Which .biq is the latest one? Is it the 1.101?

17. Oni Ryuu

Oni Ryuu King

18. Glutius Max

Glutius Max Warlord

Been getting crashes when clicking on technology advisor and I notice that units don't reinforce when I click on the reinforce button. This save has become unplayable for me since it crashes every time I click to open the technology panel.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  19. Glutius Max

Glutius Max Warlord

Here is the save file.

Attached Files:

20. Oni Ryuu

Oni Ryuu King

Thanks for the report and i'm sorry for the late reply.
    I’ll attempt to fix your game as soon as possible.