TLC Mercantile (Experimental)

I ran into a crash issue involving the first overseas city I took. I took the city which already had a harbor and trade port plus a barracks built in it. Whenever I tried to upgrade a unit in that city the game crashed. I fixed it by selling the barracks then building another barracks again. The issue stopped.

I only remember seeing two AI civs dropping off an Axeman in my territory one time each.

All I notice right now is that I'm playing on a large map and most civs don't want to expand their territories very much. Playing on hard with more aggressive checked. I'm also using a no raze no city limit no pollution patch that doesn't seem to be working. The AI does a lot of city razing. I noticed one civ razed two of it's own cities when we went to war.

I just researched industrialization and now it crashes no matter what city i try to upgrade units in. Looks like I'll have to wait for your next .biq. can't go any further.

Thanks for the update.
That’s unfortunate. The new BIQ should be ready this weekend.

Do you mean that they’re slow to found new cities or are reluctant/unable to conquer neighbouring ones?
It's a bit of both I think. Some civs stop growing after just a few cities even. Others will grow larger but still seem to stop when they have plenty of room to keep going. I didn't see much city capturing when war broke out either. When I was trying to play through an earlier .biq it seemed some civs were actually doing the opposite like they were in a city building frenzy so fast I couldn't possibly keep up.

Last edited:
I have files from September. Can I use them with latest BIQ, or download of complete scenario is needed?

Hi Jarovid, it’s good to have you back.
All of your files should be okay, I only retyped the BIQ without adding anything.
The new BIQ will have some copying errors but we’re nearly there.

we76
I’ve been poking at the BIQ and it’s beginning to look like a standard error. The bad news is that it often takes a day or two to find them.

Last edited:
I do not speak English very well.I'm using a translator.it is clear that you have found a mistake and will working a the problem, I use the previous version of Big, there are mistakes, but they are tolerant, thank you for your excellent work, good luck.

Last edited:
Looking forward to trying out the new BIQ so I can hopefully get past the crashes I was having when I got to Industrialization.

Top Bottom