TLC Mercantile (Experimental)

That was supposed to be the job of the Dry Dock I forgot to include. I only updated it the other day.
Missing building, Dry Dock. BIQ and main file 22:00 13/03/17.
Download Patch

Replace the Civilopedia and PediaIcons files in the Text Folder.
Replace the Dry_DockLG and Dry_DockSM pcx files in Art>Civilopedia>Icons>Buildings.
Replace the buildings-large and buildings-small pcx files in Art>city screen.
The Dry Dock comes with Steel so you’d still have to wait before you could upgrade.

Civilopedia says that Ironside upgrades to Equites.
Civilopedia entry for Hale Rockets, contains text that refers to Gatling Gun

Last edited:
The Hale Rocket and the Gatling Gun had the same PRTO designation. They have been corrected.

I have primary units which require a resource and secondary units that don’t. The final unit in the list of secondary units upgrades to the first primary unit (B1-B2-A1-A2). Cavalry Swordsmen and Ironside’s don’t need iron but the rest of the sword wielding cavalry does. It seems unrealistic that you have to revert back to archaic units if you lose a resource. Making units secondary removes what would be redundant units from the build menu until they become necessary. I originally used an alternating upgrade system (B1-A1-B2-A2) for the scheme but that lead to a much more confusing series of upgrades. I didn’t think to include whether the unit is a primary or secondary unit in the Civilopedia so I’ll update that tonight.

I’m going to give you the title of Lead Game Tester in the credits for all of your invaluable feedback.

FYI: I’m on turn 541 (ignore the end-of-game 20 turn warning 520-540) and I’m up to Industrialisation. Industrialisation to Motorised Transport is a funny transition period in the game mechanics that is entirely untested. I have made and tested scenarios for the ancient, medieval and modern ages but not the industrial age.

EDIT: Here's the new Civilopedia

Last edited:
Well, I just play the game a like the way I like and if that qualify me for a Lead Game Tester, then thank you, I am honoured.

Another link in Civilopedia that need refinement is for Horse-drawn Crossbow.

if that qualify me for a Lead Game Tester
It’s because you’re providing the most feedback. You’ve been helping me squash bugs and highlight areas in the text where I’ve communicated inadequately. That’s exactly what I need.

In the latest biq the Horse-drawn Crossbow upgrades to Horse-drawn Cannon. With the version that you and I are testing the Horse-drawn Crossbow upgrades to Early Cannon. If that’s not it you’ll have to give me more information. What I’m seeing is Spartan but accurate.
upload_2017-3-19_15-13-28.png

Last edited:
Your version is more up to date then mine. In my version link which leads to explanation about unit's features is name of the file but you can forget about it.

In Civilopedia entry for Canal Barge, picture covers only upper left corner, while the rest of the square is pink.

but you can forget about it
I’ll re-upload the game after the testing phase is complete (rather than adding innumerable patches) so if you re-download the game at that point, you’ll be guaranteed to have the latest version relatively stress free.
In Civilopedia entry for Canal Barge
The unit design only included a 32 pixel pcx. I’m still looking for an appropriate image to replace the LG.pcx.

One suggestion. I'd like to see command 'skip turn' added for cargo and goods units. Thus it would be easier to keep track of goods that have not been loaded onto the transports yet.

Hi, Oni Ryuu! Thank you for a new mod! I took a liberty of looking inside with Firaxis scenario editor and got a couple of questions:
- Are there some units created specially for the mod as I don't recognize some)
- When I was viewing buildings list and was on DryDock a message "Please enter an integer between 1 and 25". I presume you have used another editor to work on your project, but I wonder if it might backfire during the game...

- When I was viewing buildings list and was on DryDock a message "Please enter an integer between 1 and 25". I presume you have used another editor to work on your project, but I wonder if it might backfire during the game...
Usually this is because the Firaxis Editor imposes some limitations that other editors have removed. The game will read it just fine (sometimes the game won't know what to do with it), but the Editor will complain about invalid numbers.

Sometimes you can run into unanticipated errors, as it was reported that the Firaxis Editor will check for infinite loop upgrade paths (ex: Horseman -> Knight -> Cavalry -> Horseman), but some of the custom ones don't. When you run the game, you then get a crash to desktop for these infinite loop units.

When I was viewing buildings list and was on DryDock a message "Please enter an integer between 1 and 25". I presume you have used another editor to work on your project, but I wonder if it might backfire during the game...
Sometimes you can run into unanticipated errors, as it was reported that the Firaxis Editor will check for infinite loop upgrade paths (ex: Horseman -> Knight -> Cavalry -> Horseman), but some of the custom ones don't. When you run the game, you then get a crash to desktop for these infinite loop units.
The mod was constructed using Quintilis’ customised editor “conquestseditor1_03”. All major bugs were resolved before the beta test release. Jarovid and I have reached the industrial era without impassable errors. I caused one or two bugs updating the biq but these have also been resolved.
Are there some units created specially for the mod
Only one so far, Delta_Strife made an artificial island airbase for me but I’m hoping that someone will like the mod enough to fill-in some placeholder units.
Usually this is because the Firaxis Editor imposes some limitations that other editors have removed.
About a third of the game would be unworkable with the Firaxis Conquests editor.

Feel free to wait until the beta test is over or you can provide feedback on the latest biq and speedup the process. Opinions, suggestions and criticisms aren’t just welcome but vital to making a good mod so any contribution will help.

EDIT: I forgot to mention; at the bottom of post 1 you’ll find information about the game limits and more detailed information in Game Shortfalls in the Tactics & Helpful Hints index whilst in-game. If you want to keep up-to-date with the developments of the beta test click on the TLC News link in the signature section of any of my posts.

Last edited:
In Civilopedia entry for Cavalry there is a 't' omitted in word units (unis).

Thank you, I’ve just updated it. There are probably going to be a number of typos with the text documents being repeatedly edited.

I’ve reduced the train’s load capacity and moves slightly; they were a little too effective. I’ve reset all the trains to a standard rebase range of 6. The later trains (in our bic) have twice the rebase range of the coal powered ones so the reduction in range has been balanced with extra moves.

How is your game progressing? I expect that you’re beginning to industrialise and phase into the rules for the latter half of the game (zero HP blitz capable towed artillery, blitz capable ships and naval vessel enhancements). Have you started making full use of the goods units and goldmines?

I am in industrial age now, and just finished with acquiring territory from Carthaginians and Celts.
Last night a problem occured during the AI turn and it happened for second time. The turn just
won't finish (I waited for more then three hours first time, and for an hour and a half yesterday).

Last time I used one of autosaved files and was able to keep playing.

Also, every time I exit the game normally I get message from Windows that the game stopped
working, which does not happen with other mods.

Here's the save file from last night.

Attachments

• Tokugawa of the Japanese, 3225 BC.SAV
    1.7 MB · Views: 101
Last night a problem occured during the AI turn and it happened for second time. The turn just won't finish (I waited for more then three hours first time, and for an hour and a half yesterday).
Thanks for telling me. That’s not a small issue. If it’s happening during the AI’s turn, it’s going to be much harder to track down.
Also, every time I exit the game normally I get message from Windows that the game stopped
working, which does not happen with other mods.
I get that message when I retire (formally end the game) but not when I quit.

Thanks for uploading another save. Is there anything you can tell me that might narrow the search e.g. a specific player you suspect or if you’ve lost a city with a goods building to the AI. If I’m searching blind, I’ll have to access and play as all remaining players until I recreate the problem. I’ll see what I can do for now but if you remember anything it could be extremely helpful.

I tried the following: I declared the war on Russians before hitting spacebar for AI turn and it helped :crazyeye:.

I noticed that Navvy unit can't irrigate, don't know if it is bug.

Also picture is missing for Elephant musketman in production window in city view.

Elephant.png

I tried the following: I declared the war on Russians before hitting spacebar for AI turn and it helped :crazyeye:.
I’m a little confused, does that mean there isn’t a problem or did you find a work-around?
I noticed that Navvy unit can't irrigate, don't know if it is bug.
Originally the Navvy’s and the Traction Engines were only going to be able to do road but it’s probably better to just make them a more expensive worker. Ideally, I’d like to change the Navvy to a Draught Horse unit.
Also picture is missing for Elephant musketman in production window in city view.
I can’t find the cause for that. I checked the PediaIcons entries, the Civilopedia large and small pcx’s and the unit 32 pcx.

Top Bottom