TLC Mercantile (Experimental)

I count transition time as the time from ending your go to when you’re asked for construction orders, specifically the time where the AI can initiate diplomatic affairs.

It looks like my transition time could be as much as four times longer. I think I need to trade this Colossus looking thing for a newer model.

EDIT: All of the civilisations Build Often/Never markers now have growth, production and trade in addition to their original stats.

A lot of files for the Armoured Train are missing.
Patch
I’ve removed the Armoured Train from the new BIQ because it doesn’t really fill any niche.

Last edited:
Civiliopedia states transport capacity of 60 for Battleship-O. Don't know if it is intentional or not.

Maybe there could be another recon plane placed in upgrade chain between Spotter Plane and Predator UAV.

Few come to my mind: OV-10 Bronco, O-2 Skymaster and M-55 Mystic. Not sure if any of them can be found in unit graphic database, but Delta Strife seems to be very helpful with the request for new air units.

I found the graphics for the OV-10 Bronco but the one i want is the O-2 Skymaster; it's the only one that looks like it could take off from a warship. I'll use the Bronco as a placeholder for now.

I think I might remove the maintenance cost from the NVE air units, trucks and maybe the trams. My rule-of-thumb was if it had an engine or four legs it cost maintenance.

According to Civilopedia Ford Tankette and Tank are able to bombard, but it seems that they have defensive bombardment only.

I found the graphics for the OV-10 Bronco but the one i want is the O-2 Skymaster; it's the only one that looks like it could take off from a warship. I'll use the Bronco as a placeholder for now.
If it's for shipboard use, then how about one of the early light helicopters such as the ubiquitous Bell 47? The USN and USMC used it as the Bell HTL and during the Korean War it also spotted targets for naval guns.
Here's the Army version but it's the same model: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/h-13-sioux.20304/

That’ll be a copy and paste error. None of the first generation tanks should have the offensive bombard capability. The medium tank can bombard in our BIQ’s but I’ve now removed that.
Civilopedia

Hi Wolfhart.
Thanks for the suggestion but I can’t use rotor wing or fixed wing VTOL units because they have specific characteristics and I need to avoid rule exceptions. It also has to be feasibly small enough to fit in or on the deck of a submarine. I can’t include any ASW helicopters or naval VTOL units because they conflict between VTOL settings and UAV settings and no reasonable compromise can be found.
Any tiny aircraft will do but it would help if it was a seaplane.

Hi Wolfhart.
Thanks for the suggestion but I can’t use rotor wing or fixed wing VTOL units because they have specific characteristics and I need to avoid rule exceptions. It also has to be feasibly small enough to fit in or on the deck of a submarine. I can’t include any ASW helicopters or naval VTOL units because they conflict between VTOL settings and UAV settings and no reasonable compromise can be found.
Any tiny aircraft will do but it would help if it was a seaplane.

Hmm… I understand, so preferably a light propeller floatplane of cold war vintage. I come up with nothing on floats post-WW2, but at least there's a few alternatives to the Bronco as placeholders:

My prime candidate
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/lockheed-o-3a.22365/

More conventional
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/at-38-trojan.6233/

A fictional variant of the WW2 Storch, but if you squint it might pass as a Stinson or Piper :D
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/grasshopper.10516/

Thanks Wolfhart. I’m going to use the Grasshopper; it looks the part.

I got the inspiration for the Light Air Transport from a documentary featuring the Grasshopper but I couldn’t remember the name.
The Light Air Transport isn’t immobilised so it can deploy fresh infantry immediately ready to fight then evacuate damaged troops the following turn.

Quintilis’ customised editor has a glitch that changes some game stats. The problem arises every couple of weeks and the only solution is to reformat the .biq through to conquest editor. Sometimes it can be difficult to know when the glitch has reoccurred and I’m beginning to wonder what proportion of the game errors are the result of this. I’m sure the majority of the flaws are human error on my part but I can’t be sure how much of the game changes with the glitch.
It might be wise to reformat the biq every time I upload it. That’s not fun.

I’ve reformatted the .biq and retyped the stats for what was noticeably affected. I removed the “flying bomb” feature from the glider to reduce confusion for players. The glider/flying bomb combination works for my other mods but I don’t think it’s as useful in this one.

I’d prefer that the Light Air Transport couldn’t be towed; if it was immobilised it couldn’t then perform an active airdrop.

The NVE and tank transporter trains won't rebase for some reason.
That’s extremely annoying; two of the most important units at this stage.

I’ve found a method for transporting land transport units in ships and aircraft.
X=>A=>B=>C
X = result of “build army”, immobile, mechanised
A, B & C = land based foot unit transport, king unit, has “build army” button

The proto-vehicle (X) remains in the build menu from Motorised Transport. You must build the proto-vehicle then you upgrade to the most advanced unit available the following turn. You can use the “build army” button (to make a proto-vehicle) to allow it to be transported overseas then upgrade the unit when it arrives. I’m only going to apply this to the cars and not the trucks.
It’s hardly elegant but it should help with the breakout during an amphibious assault.

Missing entry

upload_2017-6-17_12-1-13.png

I’m going to remove armoured trains because they don’t really contribute to the game. You’ll still need this for now. Patch

Do you use combat groups for your units?
I’m about to triple my land in a blitzkrieg action and this is what I’m using now:
2 Shermans
4 Cromwells
2 Grants
2 Sextons
2 Flak Trucks
2 Trucks
2 Field Operatives
2 Para’ Guns
4 Infantry
I have ten of these groups ready for the invasion and two more in reserve. The reserve groups are enhanced with a mechanised squadron, 2 Crocodiles and a truck for flame infantry. You should see my shopping-list for an amphibious assault.

Combat groups were only necessary when I played multiplayer games; now (on the harder settings) they have a roll in solo games too.

Yes, I use combat groups but I tend to merge them into one large group in order to penetrate into other continents.

Dutch, who looked pretty weak to me, sent out almost five hundrend Cavalry units when I landed for the first time and wiped out all my machine guns, rocekt infantry, snipers and regular infantry in two turns despite strong naval and air support.

So, first wave must be big enough to stand against counterattack.

Top Bottom