Roster:

1. Thelastone36 *up*
2. Civman123 *PC Problems, on deck?*
3. azaris *played*
4. Slobberinbear *played*
5. pawelo *just player*
6. Arlborn *skipped*

Is it ok with everyone ?

Skip me again... My computer is giving me problems and i won't be able to play for some time. (hopefully by next week) Infact i'm typing this on my cell phone!

Skip me again... My computer is giving me problems and i won't be able to play for some time. (hopefully by next week) Infact i'm typing this on my cell phone!

Noted then.
Hope your PC will get better soon ;)

Roster:

1. Thelastone36 *PC Problems, skipped*
2. Civman123 *PC Problems, auto-skip?*
3. azaris *up*
4. Slobberinbear *on deck*
5. pawelo *just played*
6. Arlborn *skipped/waiting*

Slobberinbear, you are our only hope ;)

Otherwise I will play twice in a row :crazyeye:

I can do after bear, if you prefer so. No problem this week. I will need a auto-skip next week though. Small 5 days holidays!

It's ok guys. I got things working again. I'll play.

1. Thelastone36 *UP*
3. azaris *On Deck*
4. Slobberinbear *Sorta on deck*
5. pawelo *just played*
6. Arlborn *skipped/waiting*

Time to re-shuffle ;) :

Roster:

1. Thelastone36 *no more PC Problems, UP*
3. azaris *heavy week, skipped*
4. Slobberinbear *on deck*
5. pawelo *just played/will play after Arlborn*
6. Arlborn *waiting to play after Slobberinbear*

Should we put it in the right order ?

:crazyeye:

Actually can i swap with the enxt player? I can't save pictures for some reason. :confused: i'll get that sorted out tonight hopefully. Also i have no sound on my computer... So i guess it goes like this now:

1. Thelastone36 *on deck*
4. Slobberinbear *up*

Actually can i swap with the enxt player? I can't save pictures for some reason. :confused: i'll get that sorted out tonight hopefully. Also i have no sound on my computer... So i guess it goes like this now:

1. Thelastone36 *on deck*
4. Slobberinbear *up*

Nope :)

Arlborn *waiting to play after TLO playing after Slobberinbear*

Hopefully Slobberinbear can play ;)

My preliminary assessment:

1. We have whipped our cities heavily and have poor overall production.
2. We have not constructed Mints in most of our cities.
3. We are unprepared to launch a major war of conquest, as we lack construction and catapults to go against Monty or Izzy.
4. Many of our troops have been built without a Barracks.
5. We have no plan and the game has no direction.

My plan for this round is to take/raze one of Monty's cities to force a peace, while improving our healthiness and preparing to go after Izzy.

Turn 166: moved stack from Kumbi Saleh to Monty's southeasternmost city. Newly built units sent to reinforce KS. workers finishing tasks moved to hook up rice and corn for health.

Turn 168: stack arrives at Texcoco, Monty has superior forces. We will have to get peace in another way.

Turn 169: withdrawing stack back to Kumbi Saleh. Monty still won't talk.

Turn 172: Monty moves to attack KS. Our stack has returned there along with reinforcements. Battle approaching.

Turn 173: Monty attacks, losing 4 units. We lose a skirmisher.

Turn 174: Monty withdraws but still won't talk. We are still building barracks, mints, and hooking up corn and rice. Currency still not finished; I did not change the research objective out of deference to my predecessors.

Turn 178: Monty finally accepts peace, with no tribute either way. Forces moved towards Izzy's borders.

Turn 180: round ended.

I didn't take a city, but we fended off Monty, built barracks in most of our cities, hooked up corn and almost rice, and have almost finished researching Currency. I forgot to switch to Slavery at the end of the round, but that can be easily done by the next player. I would lay off the whip for awhile, though -- our cities need to grow, and many of our cities still have 2 unhappiness from prior heavy whipping. I suggest we go for Construction next.

Attachments

• TLO-2 Mansa Musa la Pizzeria AD-0100.CivBeyondSwordSave
    129.8 KB · Views: 94
I can't see the save due to @work setting, anyway it seems like a busy turnset.

As for my defense, I might have overused the whip but we were really lacking army to face Monty's initial attack.

What's up next ? Should we go for Izzy asap or recover from this unwelcomed war & whipping ?

Construction seems great to me - we will have to finish Monty one way or another pretty fast anyway. And I would like to keep the pizzeria closed as long as Monty's alive - I am not a great fan of giving him away our techs so he can play with them against us :D

Agree on Pawelo!

TLO now?

And did I already say here that next week(Monday) I will be away for 5 days?

1. Thelastone36 -UP
2. Civman123 -PC Problems, auto-skip?
3. azaris -unsure if skip or not
4. Slobberinbear -Just played
5. pawelo -Whipped us to much...
6. Arlborn - Gone for 5 days

So i guess i'm up? I guess this is more or less a builders round. I'll play right after i post a comment on Pericles thread.

Continuation of our journey:

Aftermath of the Pepporoni war with Monty:
It began when montezuma, the leader of the aztec empire, and our supplier of Pepperoni, stopped suppliang us Pepperoni. We might have over exaggerated by stopping our trade of fish pizza to the aztecs, and Monty responded by showing us his swords and axes. the bloody war has caused many lives, and it has finally ended.
------

I insert Civ 4 disc in disc slot, and press the civ 4 icon on my desktop. I then download start the game.

I notice this city is still not taken by monty. I'll go for it since currency is due ion 1 turn.

Other then that, everything looks fine.

Turn 1: Currency in. Start masonry for construction.
Turn 2: Rice connected. Start settler in Timbukto.
Turn 4: A skirmisher attacks and wins a barb bothering us near kumbi saleh.
Turn 5: Nothing much. Budhism spreads around. Masonry is in, i start construction. and i got a new worker for us, which is now hooking up the stone and soon going to hook up iron new timbukto. I see a monty settling party comming, It takes 3 turns to get a settler to the spot. It takes monty 4. So i decided to whip the settler in timbukto.
Turn 6: Djenes borders expands.
Turn 7: I whip the Mint in Djenne as it started to get unhappy.
Turn 8: I settle Niani
Start monument.
Turn 9: I say yes. I think selling some old techs for gold will help alot.

I did my magic, and ask mono from isabella for a good friend. She says yes. but i forgot to get a screenshot of it. We discover montheism.
And now for the story of the day:
Yah Bronze popped up in a mine i mined 3 turns ago near kumbi saleh. Knowing this, i start collusos in Timbukto.
Turn 10: Good deal for bismark. I say yes to improve relations with him.
Turn 11: the Collusos is as good as ours. I suggest building the pyramids with the Great enginer that just came up in Timbukto. He also can discover Machinery and starta golden age. I stop here for the group to decide what to do with him, as i think if i play my turnset to the end, the possibility of the pyramids being built in another land is very likely.

I'd use the GE for Pyramids asap - as you said there is much risk that someone will land it pretty soon.

The Machinery bulb can be good providing we have some cash flow to upgrade our swords to maces before smacking one of our neighbors.
Still, I'm too much a fan of Pyramids to let them go to some obscure AI ;)

As for the roster - I had to re-order it a little bit:

1. Thelastone36 - just played
// 2. Civman123 -PC Problems, auto-skip until further notice //
3. azaris - on deck ? / skip ?
4. Arlborn - on deck ?
5. pawelo -waiting
6. Slobberinbear - played

Is it me now?

I said I am gone next week. You know, the one starting after next weekend! :lol:

Top Bottom