TLO-02 Mansa Musa la Pizzeria!

Go ahead Arlborn, I think azaris asked for a skip this week.

Hope you'll manage it before your holidays ;)

Everyone, we have some decisions to make on directions to achieve :
- what to do with the GE ?
- Construction and then Izzy or Monty ?

Remember that, as from now, the Pizzeria is open ( see TLO report :p )!

It's a tough decision. But seriously, how much help would pyramids be anyway? Extra research from Representation? More military production from police state? Would bulbing the GE be a smarter decision and give us a better advantage longer? we have to win by conquest or dominition anyway.

@TLO

You forgot to post the save.
Can you put it online so that Arlborn can manage his turn set before his five days civless ?

uh-oh, no save??

I was gonig to play now!

If no save comes in some minutes, I will have to play it tomorrow morning!

I think he's gone for his trip :)

That makes Azaris or me up.
Azaris, can you take it ?

No I am not gone.

That is me from a neighboor's mac just to explain to you guys.

I am so lucky last weeks that my internet(plus MY TV plus MY TELPHONE) is inactive at the moment. Looks like an accident in a building site down the street messed up the cables, and they say it should be fixed by Monday. Which is when I am away.

Sorry! :mad:

Good game everybody. :(

Uhh really? Gah something's wrong with me. I don't think i saved the game lol. i'll do a quick check.

Turn 0: GE completes Pyramids in Timbuktu. These are never a bad idea if you get a GE, if only for denying them from the AI.

Something has to be done to Monte, as it will only be a question of time when he attacks next. Luckily everyone hates him. I am not eager to attack Izzy for example and draw our forces away from homeland defense. But we have a big'ol'stack in Gao so I guess we'll have to use it for something. Cats would be nice, though...

Turn 1: Stack moving towards Spain. Seville has two archers and a settler.

Turn 2: Ramesses is a good friend and trades us fur for cows. Pizza and fur coats are making the Malinese happy.

Turn 3: A German chef finds a new kind of spice. Maybe it will go with pizza?

Turn 4: Alright, the pizzeria is officially open. I gift all techs to all known civs, except Monty who refuses to learn how to sail. Silly git.

Turn 7: Christianity founded in Elephantine. Izzy has an annoying warrior in Niani ready to pillage our ivory and kill our worker stack. Dispatching skirmisher and axeman.

Turn 8: Colossus done in Timbuktu. Declare war on Spain. The first casualty is Izzy's prowling warrior.

Turn 9: Pillaged Izzy's horses.

Turn 10: Construction complete, going for HBR and jumbos. Attack Seville, lose one CR I + Cover I sword on 95% odds. Seville is burnt to the ground and we get a GG.

Turn 11: Begged Bismarck: "Become Buddhist". Balding bloke baulked but belatedly bowed. Situation looking good, we are the strongest civ out there apart from the one mystery civ.

Turn 12: Hello, Madrid! Sadly it has nothing but missionaries and some garrison units inside. And 60% cultural defense. I don't think this is going to work without cats. Attacking now would probably take Madrid but wipe out nearly our entire stack.

Turn 14: Izzy uses a GP on the Mahabodhi in sieged Madrid. :rotfl: I use the GG to make a Medic III chariot. Monty has gone WHTMOOH.

Turn 17: HBR is in, start CoL. I make a little deal with Ramesses.

Turn 18: Pacal asks for HBR, it is the pizzeria so I give it to him. Thank you, come again! MONTY DECLARES WAR... on Bismarck. :yeah: I take full credit on the ingenious move to convert Biz to Buddhism and get Monty sicked on him.

Turn 19: A slight :smoke:. Izzy managed to found a city with two axemen in it and my catapults are only protected by a warrior. Try to prevent her from killing them. Madrid is still heavily protected and I didn't dare to try a frontal attack until some cats arrived. We also have the capability to make jumbos if that's your thing. Monty should be busy for a while.

I opened the pizzeria for everyone except Izzy, seeing as how we're in war with her and all.

Turn 14: Izzy uses a GP on the Mahabodhi in sieged Madrid. :rotfl:

I just have to :love: this AI - sometimes it builds you a great wonder (Eiffel for exemple) in the besieged city, or it manages to make half of its army leave the capital, or like here, a nice shrine just in time. What a (over) confidence in one's defenses :lol:

Anyway, great one Azaris, especially the converting Bismarck move :hatsoff:

Got it for later today or tomorrow morning.

I would launch some jumbos production to match Monty, hoping Bismarck will manage to soften him a bit. Plan is to finish off the Spanish.

Teching beeline Machinery for Maces or Aesthetics for SoZ ? Having jumbos make Maces secondary for me and I would love to see Zeus in Timbuktu.

Pizzeria is wide open and awaiting clients :p

First to be served, the Queen Izpaella.

Very nice service has been prepared by our Maître D', Azaris. Time for the entrée, main dish - pizza of course, and maybe a dessert...

IBT
Bismarck lost his banana to Monty, and therefore we lost the deal

:coffee:

Cat@KS - Jumbo
Cat@Gao - Jumbo
Cat@Niani - Jumbo
Aztecs capture Hamburg ( it could have been KS, once again great move azaris on diverting him on Bismarck ). I send a scout to see the war right there.
To replace banana, I trade rice for fish with Ramesses.

Some bombarding on Mardid, otherwise :coffee:

Cat@Timbuktu - Jumbo
Cat@Djenne - Jumbo
Madrid is naked of cultural defenses and we attack.
Heavy losses (4 swords), but the city falls :

Troops move toward Barca.

We got a Great Engineer in Timbuktu, which I put to sleep for group advice.
I admire Izzie's great donation to the Malinese empire - she built it right in time :

IBT
A spy destroys our cow pasture near Gao - please dispatch someone for rebuilding it - I forgot :blush:

:coffee:

Attack on Barcelona. I suicide 1 cat for major CD (don't want to lose troops like in Madrid) - and with no further losses we get, and keep the city:

Jumbo@Niani - Jumbo

Jumbo@Timbuktu - Budh Temple
Jumbo@Djenne - Jumbo
Jumbo@Gao - Jumbo
:whipped: monument @Madrid

(IT) CoL - Aesthetics
Jumbo@KS - Jumbo
Monument@Madrid - Library (no brainer - :bowdown: Izzie)
Attack on Cordoba. One cat suicided, then raze the city without further causualities :

It's been very long since the last time I saw such a poor AI city location... She should be ashamed.

It was going to be a very boring turn - I already started the coffee machine - when Ramesses drops by:

Answer - of course, as you wish buddy.

Then, it wasn't a great surprise to see this happen:

Sorry for not having waited for the group agreement, but it was just too much of a major wonder to lose 3 turns on it.

Attack on Santiago goes worse than foreseen - Suicide a cat and nevetheless lose an axe :mad:

Jumbo@Djenne - Sword
Cat@Watata - Mint
I burn Santiago, after losing another axe and a sword...

Now it's time to do our pizza stuff.
I revolt to OR and set research to 60% @49 gold per turn deficit ( we have enough gold for 11 turns like this ). It'll make Calendar in 4 turns, and we really need it :)

Gave away CoL to Monty :)mad:) and Bismarck, Pacal and Ramesses are more advanced than us.

I would likely give it away to Izzie, but it would force a cease fire. She has only one city left, and we are 3 turns from getting it.

What do we do - scr** her for peace and then give away CoL, or get her toasted and turn our attention to our masked neighbor to the north ?

Btw, we got a great general in Gao, going for KS.

Mali, turn 225:

So, here we go for the roster:

1. Thelastone36 - on deck
// 2. Civman123 -PC Problems, auto-skip until further notice //
3. azaris - played
4. Arlborn - skipped
5. pawelo -just played
6. Slobberinbear - UP

It's looking good now, for a moment I was worried we had overexpanded and Monty would eat us alive but now with the SoZ and Mahabodhi in pocket it looks like we'll make pepperoni of the AIs. Kill Izzy and then let's do something about Monty before he becomes too powerful.

Good turns. next player should send a small force to finish izzy, (no need to give away techs to her...) and should start moving troops to monty as he'd very likely invade. Anyway, if Slobberinbear plays and i'm up, and you don't hear a response from me, let me swap places with Azaris. I have to study a bit, Might not be on today and tomorrow.

Top Bottom