TLO-02 Mansa Musa la Pizzeria!

Pizzeria - the next episode has come with a pleasant military assessment - we are overhelming the Aztecs :) Nicely done guys!

It's time to get one client out of the restaurant - guess who ?

On the pre-turn, I've moved some troops on Aztec front - disatching whatever necessary here and there. I even managed to capture a worker.

Then, I opened the self service for late customers, handing away Litterature to Bismy and Civil Service to Ramessess. As Pacal wasn't hungry for pizza, I managed to side-sell him a clam - must be something linked to his traditional meals, better eat clam than pizza.

IBT
A barb HA nearly captures Toledo - lone Axe was left with 0,6 after this attack.

B. Temple@Watata - Mint

Colosseum@Djenne - B. Temple
Courthouse@Niani - Library
Bismarck builds AP

Btw, WW is starting to hurt just a small bit...

Bismy asks for paper (maybe he has some stomach upsets with the last pizza he get) - I see no need to get him unhappy with us, especially we are at Monty's table - anyway he would have been gifted paper later on

(IT) Paper - Education

I figured we might as well chase Liberalism for a free Nationalism or Military Tradition bulb - soon we will have to attack with something more than a bunch of jumbos and maces :) - this one must be timed well, if it goes as foreseen we should have 15 turns before being forced to serve the stuff away.
Reminder for next players: keep a bunch of HA ready and generate a GMerchant somewhere where it can go fast - cuirass for Bismy!

Barracks@Madrid - Mace
Courthouse@Tenochtitlan - Monument
We are voted AP resident - only by our vote :) (Ramesses and Bismy voted Bismy).

Mace@Gao - Mace

B. Temple@Djenne - Library

Cat@Kumbi Saleh - B. Temple
I suicide one cat on Xochicalco and capture the city for no more damages:

Kept the city, seems to be a decent location and we will need it for domination anyway.

Aqueduct@Timbuktu - Moai
Sorry for not having asked - I figured our game won't last long enough to impact it a lot, and it gives us a nice production boost in the meantime
Mint@Watata - Courthouse
Mace@Madrid - Mace

Monument@Tenochtitlan - Mint
Capture Atzca-stuff ( not necessary to spell it well - I razed this poor city. In hindsight I think I should have kept it, as it was the final piece of the North-South division - maybe the next player should colonize this spot anew )

I drop down a little the remaining city's defenses (Calix-something)

Courthouse@Toledo - whip mace - there is a barb sword next to the city, I must have missed the warning due to warring :blush:
Attack Calixlatuaca with 2 suicide cats (it still had 38% defenses - would have spent three more turns before getting them to the ground) and our SoD. No military losses, except the cats:

Monty paid the bill, and left the restaurant happy (maybe it was too much red Lambrusco we served him with the meal?).

I change spy points, setting Pacal to get 67% and Bismy 33%. Ramesses will be unspyed for the moment.

Library@Djenne - Aqueduct
Mace@Gao - Mint
Mace@Madrid - B. Temple
Mace@Toledo - Mint
Barracks@Tlatelolco - Cat
The barb sword next to Toledo has destroyed our pig pasture (before being killed by the mace) - so I trade for pigs with Ramesses giving him the silk.

Whip a mace in Barca to face the incoming HA - we only had an axe inside, I don't want to gamble with it.

IBT
Mace faces well the HA in Barca

B. Temple@KS - Cat
Calix stuff wants to be german - I say 'don't worry, the germans will soon want to be malinese. Be sure you're on the right side' - weird I didn't get any applause
:whipped: the monument @Tlatelolco

Moais@Timbuktu - Cat
Courthouse@Watata - Mint

B. Temple#Madrid - Aqueduct

OK, some overview screenies :

I put two small signs. The one next to Timbuktu is two maces. I would add another mace and a cat or two to them and go for the small Maya outpost next to us. It has almost no cultural defenses, is on flat land, but has 2 longbows inside.
The other point to the north, is the rallying point at the city of Tlamalacatalacatala (or alike), where our SoD will heal before going from the north for the confu-holy city and the capital.
I don't know where are Mayans other cities - for instance the Chitchen is not on our landmass, though it's the third city in the list, while some latter ones are :crazyeye:

I think we will be ready in several turns to attack Pacal and finish him off (especially on the landmass) in a few turns with our current troops.

For Bismarck we will need something more. Also, he already has Engineering for his troops better road movement. I think we better cover every part of the aztec and spanish land with culture, kill Pacal and see how much more land do we need.

As for our domination status:

Our last turn servings:

Paper for Ramesses and Pacal - must definitely be something with their last dish, it's not a coincidence

Bismy is not hungry this turn (surely still ill from the last time).

I revolt for Serfdom, keeping Police State/Vasselage/Theocracy config for more warring to come.

Next waiter is up :p

1. Thelastone36 - waiting
2. pawelo - just played
3. arlborn - UP
4. slobberinbear - on deck
5. Azaris - waiting.

Roster (C) by TLO :joke: ;)

Busy day today, expect it to tomorrow! Urgh, even tomorrow will be busy. I HATE wars in browser based online games. It takes so much time urgh.

Great turnset as always Pawelo. I always enjoy them!

I don't know where are Mayans other cities - for instance the Chitchen is not on our landmass, though it's the third city in the list, while some latter ones are

That's what the exploring fishing boat near the mayan lands was for! ... otherwise, nice turnset.

Arlborn, your 'tomorrow' is pretty long :lol:

I take it as a skip to get this one going again (taking the lead again ;))

2. pawelo - just played
3. arlborn - skipped
4. slobberinbear - UP
5. Azaris - on deck

Turn 0: We don't have Engineering? :shake:

Turn 1: For some reason there are barbs all over our lands.

Turn 2: We pop Albert Einstein. Starts an academy in Timbuktu.

Turn 7: Education -> Liberalism

Turn 9: Declared WAR on Pacal.

Turn 10: Pacal's iron pillaged.

Turn 13: Quirigua razed. Suicide a few cats on Mutal. Pacal's capital is ours. We grab the Great Wall and Angkor Wat with it.

Turn 15: I voted to start a holy war against Pacal. Can't hurt. Dishing out pizza gains us loads of gold plus Compass and Drama.

Nice job on the Maya, azaris, I foresee a short war here.

Bismarck should be much more of an annoyance.

Here we go for the roster:

2. pawelo - waiting
3. Azaris - just played
4. arlborn - UP ?
5. slobberinbear - UP ?

Who wants to take this turnset ?

We seem to have several members of the roster MIA.

Instead of happily going on with the two of us active, I would 'wait and see' until TLO, Arlborn or Slobberinbear takes the game for the next 15.

Is it ok with you azaris ?

OK for me if you take it on sunday TLO :)

:hmm:

Can this one still go on ?

Who is still alive ? :confused:

skip me. Worst case scenerio, two of my fellow co-workers are sick! so all there work get's dumped on me! I'm busy as heck right now and will be unable to play.

This is still alive, don't worry, by the time i'm back next week (or sooner) then it'll start going again.

I will be rather short tomorrow, then I'm in auto-skip until tuesday (unless advised otherwise) - I'm civable but not sure to be online.

Slobberinbear or Arlborn, can you take this one ?

I'll place a got it if I can manage to play & post from my auto-skip location.

I'll take this one! I now have enough time to play as one of my co-workers is ok enough to take work. So it's a got it from me!

after a 3 week break, we're back, and kicking mayan butt.

^possible city spots i'll try to catch
Turn 1:
Suceeds. I just hope bismark doesn't try to capture Lakham ha
Turn 2: Asssault on chichen itza begans. With the lose of of suicide cat, I also capture the worker next to the city.
Turn 3:
Settled. Mostly moving troops to lakamkha and that city in the peninsula.
Turn 4: I began the Univresity of sankore in Timbukto. i think it'll help since most of our cities have religious buildings anyway. A random event destroys a quarry near timbukto. I checked and pacal is ready to become our vassal. So after lakhamka and the other city are captured i'll do it.
Turn 5:
founded.
Turn 6:
captured, And only lakahmka to go. troops are getting ready for the seige. I lower the research down to 30%. (doesn't effect liberalism)
Turn 7: Madrid and Barcelona's borders increase... Lakamha captured, forgot to take a pic, but this is the after math:
We got it right before bismark did... Captured 2 workers, and a third will be captured next turn.
And with the capture,
I couldn't get engineering sadly. I'll try to make him happy enough to get us the tech.
We offer Pacal a job in our Pizzeria and he takes it!
Turn 8: We're the wealthiest in the world. Liberalism is in, i get Printing press. (would've took 17 turns without liberalism.) helps us alot.
Turn 9: Lost university of Sankore and Spiral minerat to rameses.
Turn 12: Autorazed a barb city.
Turn 13: Found this settler standing around here... Must've been there for some time... Settled the city.

Turn 15:
settled this as i see bismarks settler heading this way. We finnaly found a city that will get the desert resources :p
Played 1 more turn by accident. Nothing happened there.
Civic swaps: Police State - Representation
Serfdom - Slavery
Vassalage - Free Speech
Gave away the techs.
Save:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/108694/TLO-2_Mansa_Musa_la_Pizzeria_AD-1455.CivBeyondSwordSave

Someone gifted us a settler on a desert island?

it was plains island i believe. it was there for a long time i guess, i just spotted it, Atleast it get's us whale. our research rate isn't going so nice either. It is in the +30's at 30%, but if we go to 40% research, it goes down to -10. But we have alot of money...

Bismark is really strong. His stacks are plentiful and strong. I think we're going to need Cannons, and alot of them. We have pretty strong cats that we can upgrade.

Health is a huge problem in almost every city with a pop over 12. I've been building mostly aquaducts and colloseums etc. during my turnset.

Nice & fast war :goodjob:

OK for cannons on Bismy.

Btw, how is our domination status ? Do we need much more now that we hace Pacal capitulated to us ?

Who's up ?

Top Bottom