TLO-02 Mansa Musa la Pizzeria!

1. Thelastone36 - Played
2. pawelo - Skip to 19th of nov
3. Azaris - Up
4. arlborn - Who knows where he is?
5. slobberinbear - inactive?

Not sure about the dominition count, Azaris could you post the stats at the beginning of the turnset?

I won't let you down ;)

Although my net ability is reduced, I got it (I'm civable anyway).

Expect a report for tomorrow :cool:

Btw, two replacements would be cool here and in Pericles game. Can you broadcast it TLO ?

I won't let you down ;)

Although my net ability is reduced, I got it (I'm civable anyway).

Expect a report for tomorrow :cool:

Btw, two replacements would be cool here and in Pericles game. Can you broadcast it TLO ?
Let's wait awhile for a response from slobberinbear. bu i have no clue what's going on with arlborn.

This time I won't make it long - my online ability is reduced and it was a pure builder turnset.

So, covering some major parts :

- I put 10% on cluture to stand to the german pressure in our new maya cities and to get some more % towards domination - science was on 30% in the beginning of the turnset and went up to 40% a few turns later, as the eco improved - we still have lots of cash waiting for upgrades

- we have a Great Prophet waiting for some use in Tenochtitlan, I would suggest a GA once we have Rifling to get the army going

- I almost finished Globe in Timbuktu and FP in Watata. The first one is for drafting purposes - the game won't last long enough to keep the capital for Oxford, the former for optimal eco - Madrid, Gao and Djenne are crying for this boost. Sepaking of Madrid, I built NE and set the GP to Merchants, hoping to snag one before it will be time to rock for the last act

- Research awas set to beeline Steel - I had to serve away Gunpowder. Chemistry is on. I would suggest stopping 1 turn from Steel and beelining Rifling, then time the arrival of both at the beginning of the turnset, making possible a surprise effect on whatever victim we choose :devil:

- speaking of Victim, I fear Bismy is too powerful, and would propose to turn our attention to our buddy Rammy :backstab:

Pizza side, Rammy and Pacal were given Gunpowder. I switched from Theo to OR.

Screenies:

And our domination status:

So glad to see this one on the road again :D

Fully agreed - no need to make it an eternal wait.

Not a lot to report. Teched Chemistry and Steel, started cranking out Cannons, settled a couple of cities to fill the gaps, switched to Police State + Theocracy.

1. We have GE in Tenochtitlan. Opinions?

2. I'd hate to give Bismarck Chemistry. What about declaring war on him now and then trying to delay while we build up enough military to take the remaining tiles? Or just give it to him and declare at the end of the next turnset.

No idea for the GE - Heroic Epic if none already built ?

Anyway, do we need much more of land and pop ? As I recall, at the end of my turnset we had almost enough opp. With filler cities, we must be a few % from our goal.

As I said in my sum-up, I would definitely :backstab: Rammy - his army is weaker and it could be an easy finish.
Should we go for Bismy, the northern cities are the best call, take three northern ones and settle for peace. With culture slider, it should be enough for domination.

Anyway, we have to give away Chem. I would go for rifles but stop a turn from discovering them. Then, in the beginning of the next set, get the rifling draft, whip and upgrade, and DoW one last time.

Btw, is there a need to call for replacements ? I mean we are almost done with domination and have a clear plan (do we ? ;)).

Hmm, maybe we can finish the game of with 3 people. I agree with Pawelo on everything he pointed out.

Let's save the GE till we can make a wonder like the eifel or something...

OK, Ramesses to bite the dust then. To be fair it shouldn't really take too long, might even be able to declare on next turnset if we can get the cannons in place. I think we only need to grab one or two cities to win. This implies that I do not expect to play another turnset. It's been fun for sure.

This means i'm up? Ok, a turn or two to get ready, DoW on Rameses, Take 2-3 cities go for peace or maybe even Vassal :) and win. Got it. I'll play tomorow.

Good luck TLO!

Must agree with azaris, it surely has been a nice one to play - especially the tricky part with Monty so close to us.

Maybe I'll have the chance to finish Rammy :)

Upgrade two cats into cannons, Set all of our EP points on Rameses.
We are seriously unprepared for the war against rameses. non of our troops are in rameses front. I might not even get a chance to declare this turnset.
Turn 3:Apolistic Palace resolution comes up. Only one is "stop trading with Pacal" i vote no.
Turn 4: Found Taodeni Apolistic resalution fells. I find a great engineer laying around. Start a golden age. We need it.

Turn 6: Switch to Vassalage Ramese get's a golden age :wallbash:
Turn 8: Military Tradition done, began Military Science. War starts next turn. here's the plan:

SOD I from Xochailo attacks Giza.
SOD II from Niani attacks Burgundian
SOD III Bombards Abydos while the rest of it's stack is coming.
SOD I splits for Byblos and Alexandria
SOD II splits for Hiercopolis and Heliopolis
SOD III attacks Abydos and Olmec, Then goes for Heliopolis, and if Hiercopolis isn't tooken down yet, there.
Turn 9: Declare war.
Turn 10: GM born in Madrid. Sent him to berlin for the money.
Turn 11:

Turn 12: German Revolt in Lakham La :eek:

Turn 13: GG Born. Going for a super unit.

Turn 14: Military science done. Began constitution.
Turn 15: exhausting and tiring... Great Prophet born in Timbukto. No clue what to do with him.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/108694/TLO-2_Mansa_Musa_la_Pizzeria_AD-1675.CivBeyondSwordSave

We can now make Cuirasurs and Grenadiers. although maces are cheaper, and still have the 50% melee bonus which we need since rameses still doesn't have gunpowder. Merry Christmas!

Making me the one to finish this off - surely got it! ;)

I'll make it later today and report asap.

Btw, very nice plans TLO, I'll try to make it the way you outlined it.

I just couldn't wait - played at work :blush:

So, that's it :)
I even haven't got to play the whole 15.

Here is how it went.

Pre-turn:
Thanks to loads and loads of maces, we were up for a nice sweep over eastern egypt.
I lowered just the science by 10%, getting the culture slider to 20%
As Lamakha has already flipped to Bismy, I sent away the LBow stack toward our new egyptian cities - they didn't made it before the end ;)
Before next turn, we needed only 3,5% land more.

Captured Olmec and Hierancopolis with minimal losses - a few phants, 2 maces and 2 suicided cannons.
I mass upgraded 14 maces in Giza to Grens making a nice monster stack.

Gathering forces next to Byblos and slowly moving toward Alexandria.
I trained and sent some spies, though it was already too late and unnecessary.

Capture Byblos with some losses - 3 Cuirass and 2 maces - Rammy got some heavy defense on that hill and it costed us some troops.
Some more moves in the direction of remaining two - Alex & Helio.

Captured Alexandria with monster Gren stack - losing only one @ ridiculous odds - the city was heavily whipped and defended by some muskets, lbows, cbows and knights but our grens were just better.
After this capture we were at only 1% below the domination limit.
Just to push it up a little bit, I cut the research and put 70% on the culture slider.

Though I don't think it will be necessary, a nice SoD moves toward Heliopolis and can attack it for fun on the next turn. This is the last turn - two cities will be out of revolt and Giza will pop borders. Keep the autosave for you ;)

No surprises here :

So that's it! 14 hours and 23 minutes, two months and we are done - in a pretty nice way.

No servings were needed here - with research cut there was no way to serve anything :p

Some more stuff, the power-graph for instance :

I just love those falling enemy lines in a dom game. Our late game power is impressive.

And the score, the best one ever seen on my comp :D :

Ok, I couldn't resist to put the final screenie of our world in A.D. 1702 :

All in all, it was a great fun playing this game with such a fine set of skilled players. I learned several nice tricks from you and exploit them now in other ones.

Hope our missing two will come up to see our final achievement - it was your win too!

I attach the autosave from the turn 360 for those of you who wish to finish it too - hey we all participated in this win so don't be shy and put it in you HoF too ;)

YAY!!! That's a pretty big score! Well dominition tends to be big anyway right?

Our late game power is impressive. In my turnset, i stopped the production of every city that could make quality units, and started spamming maces thoughout my turnset. That is probably why we were so powerful.

Top Bottom