TLO-02 Mansa Musa la Pizzeria!

Wow, hum, I had time until now only for one(pericles cultural nut). Not sure I can finish this one today. Let's hope, if not I finish tomorrow ASAP!

OK, sorry for the delay, playing it now!

Sorry for that, but I will need a skip after all. I am feeling too bad to concentrate. I tried, but it was sht and I always forgot something.

Sorry for the delay in the game, I apologies.

Sorry to hear that king Metahu.
I place you after and take this one.

Roster:

1. Thelastone36 *played*
2. Civman123 *PC Problems, skip?*
3. azaris *played*
4. Slobberinbear *just played*
5. pawelo *up*
6. Arlborn *skip request - on deck?*

Hey guys ,
I have a problem loading two SGs since upgrading to 3.13 :

Either you have a clue about what should be done, or I will have to skip/re-install...

I'll be back in six hours.

Cheers

Back, up and running.

However, I can't manage it before this evening due to my boss, who would not be happy to see me playing during working hours :blush:

For those interested in the reasons of my error, I placed the explanation in the spoiler. It should be kept away from children eyes at any price ( although some self-containing effort can be noticed ).

So, Arlborn, do we switch or is it still ok with you that I play in 14-15 hours ?

Spoiler :

Clear text: I f****d up something after the initial install and my patch didn't go on the right directory - therefore my build was still 3.01... I decided to uninstall BtS and get in back again, but the MS*** uninstaller removed some fresh air ( it removed nothing in fact ) telling me BtS was not on the system any longer. So I installed it back, patched, fired, and still had the same problem. It turned out that the old version was still executing, while the new one crashed badly - dual install. Anyway, uninstall the new one, manually remove the old one, re-install, re-patch and everything's fine.

Everything besides the fact that it took me the whole 1h30 window :mad: I have every morning to play and I'm @work now.

Back, up and running.

However, I can't manage it before this evening due to my boss, who would not be happy to see me playing during working hours :blush:

For those interested in the reasons of my error, I placed the explanation in the spoiler. It should be kept away from children eyes at any price ( although some self-containing effort can be noticed ).

So, Arlborn, do we switch or is it still ok with you that I play in 14-15 hours ?

Spoiler :

Clear text: I f****d up something after the initial install and my patch didn't go on the right directory - therefore my build was still 3.01... I decided to uninstall BtS and get in back again, but the MS*** uninstaller removed some fresh air ( it removed nothing in fact ) telling me BtS was not on the system any longer. So I installed it back, patched, fired, and still had the same problem. It turned out that the old version was still executing, while the new one crashed badly - dual install. Anyway, uninstall the new one, manually remove the old one, re-install, re-patch and everything's fine.

Everything besides the fact that it took me the whole 1h30 window :mad: I have every morning to play and I'm @work now.

Please play in 15 hours, because today it is still not very good! Food intoxication can be evul! :crazyeye:

Please play in 15 hours, because today it is still not very good! Food intoxication can be evul! :crazyeye:

Sorry to hear it. Wish you well anyway.

I'll be up and reporting before 24.

Any suggestions regarding the next turn set, apart from our stinking military ?

CoL? ;)

In truth, no suggestions, really. Just don't forget to follow the game rules, if applicable.

OK, la Pizzeria opens for the next part of the adventure.

I received the game in T149 :crazyeye:
Well, anyway, going until 165.

The main goal of this turn set was to strengthen our empire to dissuade Monty, while we could prepare for war agains a lesser target like Izzie or Pacal ( I like Pacal's wall and his holy city :cool: ).

T150
:coffee:

T151
We learn that we are among the less advanced :)

I revolt back to Slavery for some heavy whipping.
First victim, Timbuktu population, whipped for 2 guys to end the library and start military.

T152
Iron online
Library@Timbuktu - Sword
Sign OB with Bismarck and Pacal to see what's up :scan:

T153

T154
(IT) Math -> Currency
Worker@Watata - Granary
Great Lighthouse BIDL
Whip the Granary in Djenne as the storage approches next pop

T155
Sword@Timbuktu - Sword
Granary@Djenne - Sword

The initial idea was to gather a little sword party and raid Izzie, while she still defends with peanuts during the BCs.
Anyway, I saw some nice units moving along our northern border ( guess who ;)) so I changed the plans and send everyone to KS ( it's more exposed than Djenne ).

T156

T157
Whip sword @ Timbuktu

IBT
Ramesess wants me to cancel deals with Monty, I send him away - no need to get Monty angrier than he already potentially is

T158
Sword@Timbuktu - Axe

T159
More movements in the Aztecland
Whip sword @ Djenne

T160
Sword@Djenne - Skirmish
Axe@Timbuktu - Sword
Worker@Gao - Axe
Vermin in Timbuktu - we lose all food
Monty seems to have ended his movements and now is searching for his 1st victim ( I wonder who will he choose :rolleyes: )

I decide to whip the Granary asap in Kumbi Saleh, to get the Skirmish from hammer overflow.

T161
Granary@KS - Skirmish
Are we prepared ( Monty's stack just turned to the south :) ):

Well, as the initial plan was to go after Izzie, we are mostly a sword nation rather than the axe nation. Anyway, hopefully it will be enough.

IBT
Surprise, surprise:

T162
Whip Skirmish in KS ( it wasn't enough... )

IBT
Monty attacks and loses 2 jags and an axe, while wounding a chariot.
We lose only one sword - not that bad :), I think it will be enough if he sends no more troops

T163
Skirmish@KS - Skirmish
We are now even better prepared ;)

IBT
We lose a wounded skirmish to an Aztec Jag - when I saw his promotions I think it was the legendary one from T102 - it has escaped to heal after... :mad:
Monty loses the remainings of his stack - 2 chariots and an archer

T164
Skirmish@KS - Axe

IBT
Pacal wants us to cancel deals with Izzie - I say no, and he is pretty pi**ed off
Anyway, our scout is in his territory and sees not much defenses... :)

T165
Sword@Timbuktu - Axe - it kills a wandering barb archer on the hill to the east
Chop/Whip Axe in Gao
Whip Skirmish in Djenne

I have done this heavy whipping because we are leaving Slavery according to the rules...
Revolt to Tribalism.

So, what next ?

I think Monty is still pretty nicely defended, so it will be a hard target.
We might check it out, the army in KS is a rather nice stack :

I left us at war, so the group can decide what next.
We have some whipped/chopped reinforcements, so I think it's manageable to take out one of his cities.

Arlborn, you're up from your stomach ache ?

Yes, I am up for later, np.

What you guys want? Peace with Monty and go after Izzie or Pacal, or try to grab a city?

If we send every sword/axe + one woodman skirmish at Teotihuacan, it can be manageable.
Monty has 2 or 3 axes inside and it's on the hill. We can approach through the jungle. It's a nice city btw, with all those camped jumbos around.
I wouldn't go for Texcoco, at least not without reinforcements.
We can scr** him for peace afterwards. It's safer than send our swords after Izzie or Pacal, leaving Monty front undefended.
You never know when the psycho will be back on charge.

It's tempting to get Monty done - we would be virtually in control of our neighbours, splitting the island from north to south.
However, I think it's a bit too early.

No catas? :(

I am playing it tomorrow morning!

My mother-in-law came visiting us by surprise when I was in turn2, and well, I didn't want to give her the false impression, very false, that, you know, I was a bit addicted to the computer. Which is completely false!

Sure, that is true!

...What?...

:mischief:

@azaris - i think you're pretty right
I must have been :smoke: this morning :crazyeye:

On the last scan, there was an archer and an axe in Texcoco

@arlborn - good luck with your m-i-l :)
It's always a hard part to play with this part of the family :D

yikes war with monty. Well we have to win by conquest or dominition anyway. I have not much to say as i haven't took a look at the save yet, but it seems Pawelo handled things well.

Really, skip me until next turnset. :(

My life is a mess right now, one thing after the other. You wouldn't even believe!
Not necessarily a bad mess, just a mess.

Sorry once more! I could probably play tomorrow, but better if somebody just go ahead and grab it.

Top Bottom