to crowded

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by AL_DA_GREAT, Mar 25, 2006.

1. AL_DA_GREAT

AL_DA_GREAT amour absinthe révolution

I find that my citizens say it is to crowded when I have a pop of 8. I don't find this to be very big.

2. MrPaladin

MrPaladin Warlord

there are a few ways to combat this...

1- build upgrades in the land around the city... look for happy helpers like gold, silver and sugar... or food sources to support your larger population
    2- Make more happy buildings or religions...
    3- cull some of the population to slavery "Bronzeworking needed" (it will help the sort term, it helps more if you use them to make a happy building)
    4- I hear founding more citys helps...

I'm pretty new to civ myself and I might be generalising but those tend to work for me... there are similar threads with solutions...

3. Malarkey

Malarkey Chieftain

The people in your city always have something to complain about. As long as you have more happyness than unhappyness, you can keep growing your city until your happyness/unhappyness level is equal. Health on the other hand isn't as big of an issue, though finding health resources shouldn't be ignored either.

Having more unhappyness than happyness will cause some of your workers to stop working tiles in your city, and this is bad. On the other hand, you can exceed your health limit, and only suffer a penalty of -1 food for every unheathly person in your city. So always max out your city by its happyness, and don't worry if it gets unhealthy in the process. Though you should also be connecting health resources, and building graneries/aquaducts in your cities when they become availible as well.

4. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

Well have you seen the size of those tiles, I mean its hard enough to fit a Warrior in there, now you want to fit 8 population units in there?!?

Every citizen you have thinks its too crowded, even if you only have 1.