To few strategic resources?

purger500

Chieftain
Are there any strategic resource tiles with more than 1 resource yield, for example tile with 2 or 3 iron?
From previews till now I did not see any tiles with more than 1 yield strategic reosurce.

IIRC, the Iron west of Rome's empire (I think near Toronto) had 2 copies.

So, resources exist in quantities as they did in Civ V? That is to say, every iron unit running around is sucking up 1 iron from somewhere as long as it's running around? I remember someone (Jon Shafer?) opining that it might have worked out better for the deposit to produce a quantity or a resource over a period of time that would then go into building the unit.

So, resources exist in quantities as they did in Civ V? That is to say, every iron unit running around is sucking up 1 iron from somewhere as long as it's running around? I remember someone (Jon Shafer?) opining that it might have worked out better for the deposit to produce a quantity or a resource over a period of time that would then go into building the unit.

We have seen in the LPs that units does not suck up strategic resurces. You just need to have them improved in your empire (2 if you don't have an emcampement in that city, 1 if you do) and you can produce an unlimited quantity of that unit. I have seen that since the Marbozir LP, altough Marbozir didn't seem to realize it worked that Way (he seems to think it worked like CiV even tough you can see it doesn't consume resources.

We have seen in the LPs that units does not suck up strategic resurces. You just need to have them improved in your empire (2 if you don't have an emcampement in that city, 1 if you do) and you can produce an unlimited quantity of that unit. I have seen that since the Marbozir LP, altough Marbozir didn't seem to realize it worked that Way (he seems to think it worked like CiV even tough you can see it doesn't consume resources.

This could be a bug.

Each unit did require one of each unit resource. Personally, the idea of a single source of iron creating every swordsman and knight in the realm never really agreed with me.....and was one of the ways in which Civ5 was an improvement on Civ4 ;).

Each unit did require one of each unit resource. Personally, the idea of a single source of iron creating every swordsman and knight in the realm never really agreed with me.....and was one of the ways in which Civ5 was an improvement on Civ4 ;).

Well, the system with one source of resource being enough for building any number of units has a couple of advantages. It fits luxury resources mechanics nicely AND it allows strategy resources being actually available for trade (not after they are obsolete). And more trade means more actual diplomacy.

Well, the system with one source of resource being enough for building any number of units has a couple of advantages. It fits luxury resources mechanics nicely AND it allows strategy resources being actually available for trade (not after they are obsolete). And more trade means more actual diplomacy.

Not anymore... Luxury Resources work more like strategics in Civ6, being that 1 luxury resource = 4 Cities(1 amenity each). I quite like this implementation as it gives more value to multiple copies of luxuries and strategics. Wide Civs are gonna want multiple copies of luxuries. Big armies/Later Cities want multiple copies of Strategics. In Civ 5 i was always chasing extra Coal or Aluminium, Oil..(Not so much horses though, i more wanted the horse pastures for the 2 happiness with Circus)

I dont think there is any advantages in making Strategics and luxuries 1 hit wonders. You only have to buy it once. It will either be too rare to be consistently useful or too common and worthless. Considering i never stuck with 4 city mantra in Civ 5 i was always in diplomacy, searching for that extra Coal for Factories, the extra aluminium for Hydro Plants etc.

In Civ6 now extra Luxuries wont just be whatever the A.I is willing to pay for it. You will want either multiple copies for wider Empires or multiple Unique Luxuries for taller Empires. This adds a cool dynamic in my opinion. Say you are tall and an A.I is wide. the A.I has multiple copies of X luxury and you have Multiple Copies of Y. In Civ normally you would just trade 1 for 1 but in Civ6 the A.I wont want to trade you his extra copies because he needs it for his Cities. You are kinda stuck :(, but what you can do is trade your extra Copies for Gold which you can then try and utilise to gain more amenity's.

If you are gonna have big armies you need to pay for it. if you are going to have lots of cities you are gonna need to have lots of the same luxury,. This find 1 copy of Luxe/Strategic and all your problems are solved doesn't cut it anymore, as indicated by the shift towards a more granular resource requirements.

Not anymore... Luxury Resources work more like strategics in Civ6, being that 1 luxury resource = 4 Cities(1 amenity each). I quite like this implementation as it gives more value to multiple copies of luxuries and strategics. Wide Civs are gonna want multiple copies of luxuries. Big armies/Later Cities want multiple copies of Strategics. In Civ 5 i was always chasing extra Coal or Aluminium, Oil..(Not so much horses though, i more wanted the horse pastures for the 2 happiness with Circus)

I dont think there is any advantages in making Strategics and luxuries 1 hit wonders. You only have to buy it once. It will either be too rare to be consistently useful or too common and worthless. Considering i never stuck with 4 city mantra in Civ 5 i was always in diplomacy, searching for that extra Coal for Factories, the extra aluminium for Hydro Plants etc.

In Civ6 now extra Luxuries wont just be whatever the A.I is willing to pay for it. You will want either multiple copies for wider Empires or multiple Unique Luxuries for taller Empires. This adds a cool dynamic in my opinion. Say you are tall and an A.I is wide. the A.I has multiple copies of X luxury and you have Multiple Copies of Y. In Civ normally you would just trade 1 for 1 but in Civ6 the A.I wont want to trade you his extra copies because he needs it for his Cities. You are kinda stuck :(, but what you can do is trade your extra Copies for Gold which you can then try and utilise to gain more amenity's.

If you are gonna have big armies you need to pay for it. if you are going to have lots of cities you are gonna need to have lots of the same luxury,. This find 1 copy of Luxe/Strategic and all your problems are solved doesn't cut it anymore, as indicated by the shift towards a more granular resource requirements.

This is a very nice change. It always annoyed me in Civ 5 when I would have multiple sources of the same luxury but not much need to develop them.

Not anymore... Luxury Resources work more like strategics in Civ6, being that 1 luxury resource = 4 Cities(1 amenity each).

No, that's not correct. First copy of luxury resource provides 4 amenities. Further copies give nothing.

No, that's not correct. First copy of luxury resource provides 4 amenities. Further copies give nothing.

BS.... did you even watch the video?, They even broke it down.

First copy provides 4 Amenities... 1 each to up to 4 cities. 2nd Copy provide nothing...if you only have 4 Cities. However if you have up to 8 cities then the 2nd copy provided amenities to the other 4 cities.... and repeat. So if I have 12 Cities and only 2 Copies of a Luxe than only 8 Cities get the amenity from that luxe. In order for the other 4 cities to get an an amenity bonus from that luxe, i will need to find another copy. It works beautifully and is the reason why we have an "Amenitys dept" behind the scenes juggling them.

BS.... did you even watch the video?, They even broke it down.

First copy provides 4 Amenities... 1 each to up to 4 cities. 2nd Copy provide nothing...if you only have 4 Cities. However if you have up to 8 cities then the 2nd copy provided amenities to the other 4 cities.... and repeat. So if I have 12 Cities and only 2 Copies of a Luxe than only 8 Cities get the amenity from that luxe. In order for the other 4 cities to get an an amenity bonus from that luxe, i will need to find another copy. It works beautifully and is the reason why we have an "Amenitys dept" behind the scenes juggling them.

Just rewatched it. I'm right. "Just because we have 1 tea we have all the amenities we can out of it". Rewatch yourself.

Just rewatched it. I'm right. "Just because we have 1 tea we have all the amenities we can out of it". Rewatch yourself.

It's you against this entire forum buddy

I'm 100% sure that each unique luxury gives amenities for 4 cities. Having additional copies of the same luxury DOES give anemities for additional cities but not for the same 4 cities.

Each amenity also provides for 2 population points. And I think amenities are not required until pop 3.

The other and fundamentally bigger change is new cities do not eat up amenities per city settled.

In return they said 1 city with 5 districts (15pop? or 12 maybe) is better than 5 cities with 1 district.

I think the reason they said they can get all out of 1 tea resource is at the time Rome had 3 cities.

I just rechecked it again, stealth_nsk MIGHT be right. Unless I can't find the right time-point in the vid, they weren't really clear about it.

For some reason I am 100% sure watching the livestream that they said something to the effect of "1 amenity provides for 4 cities, 2 doesn't affect 4 cities but if u have more they will again affect it".

It may be that I got the wrong impression.

The cost of a unit in strategic ressources depends on the unit, I remember seeing a unit needing two iron to be built.

Top Bottom