To our men in uniform, past , present and future
God bless you and thank you.

"And they who for their country die
Shall fill an honored grave,
For glory lights the soldier's tomb,
And beauty weeps the brave."

-Joseph Rodman Drake

HISTORY OF VETERANS DAY

The courage and patriotism of all men and women who have served in the armed services of the United States are honored on Veterans Day. In 1919, President Woodrow Wilson proclaimed November 11th Armistice Day, but the day did not become a national holiday until 1938. Its name was changed to Veterans Day by Congress in 1954. President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed the bill into law for this day "to honor veterans...a day dedicated to world peace."

Observances are held throughout the country on this federal holiday in the form of prayer services, rallies, assembly programs, parades, patriotic speeches, and grave-side flag displays. The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery outside Washington D.C., where thousands of service personnel are buried, is the focus of the nation's tribute on Veterans Day.

A number of veteran organizations exist in the United States. Many, like the American Legion, the Veterans of Foreign Wars, and the Disabled American Veterans, are chartered by the U.S. Congress. They are primarily organized to help veterans and their families in time of need, to support measures to promote the welfare and security of the country, and to support patriotic and moral values through special school, hospital, and civic programs. Their special concerns are to see that veterans' rights are protected, that medical care is provided when needed, and that the men and women who wore the uniforms of their nation's armed forces are remembered.

GOD BLESS AMERICA, LA LA LA LAAAA!

Sixchan - I am a veteran, and I feel really sad to see someone belittle that by making stupid posts like that.
This thread was directed at Americans, on our holiday, so go somewhere else and post if you dont like it. Be glad I dont tell you what I really think of you.

To Boann - Thank you for this thread. And youre welcome.

To all the other CFC veterans out there, HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY!

don't worry joe, this thread is for you and all the great men
and women like you who gave time and service to protect and honor what we hold most dear.

wait till AOA gets here...he will clean house and take names.
and my buddy SlowwHand will have a few choice words for them too ...... :D

Slowwhand will say something like....
ive had worse on my eyeball :p:

so have a good day :goodjob:

GOD BLESS AMERICA!:goodjob:

u can go to hell with those comments Sixchan, and hopefully a ban.

Originally posted by SunTzu
GOD BLESS AMERICA!:goodjob:
Ohhh, so i see that you took what i was saying!!!!!:mad: :mad:

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!:lol: :lol: (Sick humor ive got, right??)

But anyway GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

I agree with Cornmaster on this one.

However lets all try our very best to keep arguments and debates out of this thread. I think we're all big enough to do this.

Lets set aside our differences and just say "Thank-You"

I think of everything I have to look forward to, everything I hope for and want from my future, and ask myself if I could put it on the line for a right cause like so many did. It's a dificult thing to think about, let alone do...

Attachments

• remember.jpg
    remember.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 128
Sixchan...why didn't you delete your posts?

Go to edit, then DELETE...then we can have the comments mentioning your contribution edited out and then I can delete this post.

Better still start this thread over again...

Apology accepted. We still have our lust for Civilization in common.:D

I never ask for anyone to approve of war. Its a shattering experience for many, and can destroy lives for years and years after the fact. But at least we still have our lives...

I am against war, except when its to defend ones home and family, or an allies. I think this is one of those times, but it still stirs old feelings in me that I dont like to think about.

Theres alot of killing and dying going on over there, just as there was here two months ago. Lets hope the Taliban surrenders soon, and Al-Quaida is disolved for good. Then our guys can come home and put this nasty bit of business behind us, and help the next government in Afghanistan rebuild their land.

The world will never be the same, and I fear someday in the future there will come another time when more young faces will be called upon to fight a new enemy.

It would be nice, in the future, to think of "veterans day" as an obsolete holiday, a relic of the past. But the world never seems to run short of people like Bin-Laden and others who keep dragging us down into the gutter with them.

Fortunately for the sane people of the world, there are stupid bastards like us who will stand up and do something about it. So to everyone who is crazy enough to put on a uniform and stop people like Bin-Laden, Saddam Hussein or Adolf Hitler, my thoughts are with you in this "eleventh hour".;)

Thanks Boann. :love:

I was out today, so I didn't see any comments in raw form, so it's no harm, no foul here.

Attachments

• 505dui.gif
    505dui.gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 117
Just wanted to say a big Thank You to all the US vets, servicemen and women out there for all the Great Things you had done and will cont to do; w/o which the world as we know it today would have been an impossible dream.
THANK YOU!

Yeah, a salute seems in order...

I too salute all those out there who served, and who continue to do so.
Thank you.

Originally, my first post was meant to point out that we should be saluting ALL the soldiers of the world, and not just americans.
Sadly, I was as I said, a little annoyed and turned it into a 'I hate America' post.

So, I give my thanks not only to American soldiers, but to all war veterans all over the world.

Activities here included a Flag cermony and rememberance at the Dallas National Cemetary yesterday (Sunday), a ceremony this morning at a local elementary school, followed by a cermony at my old high school.

To my fellow Vets, sa-lute!

To the few pinheads who couldn't find their ass with both hands,
I've had worse on my eyeball , and
I've been called much worse by much better class of people.
:lol:

Thanks for this thread, Boann. :goodjob:
To the non Vets who show their support, thanks also to you.
You're why we serve.

Christmas parade is December 1 , Saturday, and I'll be part of the V.F.W. Honor Guard that leads the parade. :cool:

To all of the past and present members of the 32nd AADCOM it was an honor to serve with you. A special shout out to the former members of the 2/57 ADA Battalion in Ansbach, Germany.

"If it flies, it dies...ADA all the way"

Why is it that Freedom is bought with the ashes of good men?
Because Liberty is a right worth defending...

For the countless young soldiers who stood up to defend us...

For those who bravely confronted the inhuman dictators and fought the wicked fiends who would destroy the helpless ones
and crush the flame of hope...

To the freedom fighters, civilians and brave individuals who gave it all to help others...

For that nameless soldier from all nations who died alone and unsung...

I HUMBLY SALUTE YOUR SACRAFICE.

And today...

To the tireless helpers, working for the afghan people despite the grim hardship...

And to those determined Allied troopers, airmen and naval personnel confronting the sponsors of evil and terror out in the enemy lands...

And to CIV Fanatics own military veterans, Joespaniel, AoA, Slowhand and the many others who have done the service....

THANKS, YOU KEEP OUR FREEDOM INTACT.

THIS FANATIC AT LEAST IS ALWAYS GRATEFUL.

HONOUR THE FALLEN HEROES....:(

Top Bottom