To slow

usaparatrooper

Chieftain
I just got a new pc yet my civ III is still slow as hell when i go with huge world is it just the game. Also is it possible to down load a real world map and play on that ? Thanks to those who have helped me in the past.

Yes, it's just the game. The huge map/16 civ option were late additions to the game to please fans.

Yes, you can get various Earth maps. kittenOFchaos recently finished up one. Marla's Earth map has a good rep too.

Hey thanks again how do u get those cool unit pica by your name. I have to tell ya i got civIII about a month ago and cant stop playing when i get a day off i spend as much as 10 hours at a time. I think my wife is gonna kill me. So glad i found this web site.

"user cp" upper right of the screen. CP for Control Panel.

Get your wife something very, very, very nice for Valentine's. A new car sounds good.

One thing about these forums is that they can burn you out on the game cos you learn all the tricks so quickly.

what are the most inportant points for a new guy. Such as what nationality to pick and so on. Im sure there are a lot but what would be your top three or so. Also whats the bigest map and most player you can go with with out slowing the game so much.

Well, reading the manual and checking through the civilopedia are good starts. There are various strategy posts, and the short tips one is good for beginners. Just be aware that not everything in the manual or the strategy section is the gospel truth.

One mistake new guys make, esp. Americans like you and me, is to choose the Americans for our civ. The yanks are weak in the game, IMO. Expansionist is a lame attribute IMO, and their UU is possibly the worst. My personal favorite civs are Babylon and Japan, both of which have the excellent religious attribute.

Many people differ on that call, I just really like the religious, scientific, and militaristic attributes. The special units are secondary in importance, but the samurai is a good one. Oh hells yes.

Dunno, bud, you tell me. What do you want to know? I won't be much help on Earth map strategies cos I haven't played them.

Top Bottom