[R&F] To which Civilizations from Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm would you give an alternate Leader?

Choose up to Four Leaders.

• Canada

• Cree

• Georgia

• Hungary

• Inca

• Mali

• Maori

• Mapuche

• Mongolia

• Netherlands

• Ottomans

• Phoenicia

• Scotland

• Sweden

• Zulu

• Korea

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't think Champlain should look that much like Poundmaker, actually. Yes, superficially there are similarities, but Champlain should emphasize exploration and securing luxury resources (looking for fur, of course, but also all the interest in rare minerals and everything) and play into Canada's diplomacy-and-culture strengths, so would as a result be pretty different from Poundmaker.
You do make an interesting point. The exploration and securing luxury resources I thought would go to Portugal, but those aren't even heavily used and could easily go to him. Still not sure if we need another Francophone leader in the game from Canada anyway and would rather the others that I mentioned.

Phoenicia: A leader with their starting capital in Carthage would be great to fill up the space on TSL maps... so, Hannibal?
Korea: I'd love to see a more recent leader, presumably from the Joseon period. Perhaps Sejong or Empress Myeongseong.
Ottomans:
Perhaps Osman or Mehmed II or Roxelana.
Mali
: I'd love to see Sundiata as a more militaristic take on Mali.

Huayna Capac or Tupac Yupanqui, Sundjata, and an alternate Korean leader are shoo-ins, but come on, we've come so far since Civ 2 and its mythical female alternates! I love Kupe, but what's he doing here?

For the Netherlands -- Jan de Witt, for Canada --MacKenzie King, Lester Pearson, or Pierre Trudeau, for Phoenicia -- Hanno, or Hasdrubal

Top Bottom