To which Vanilla Civs would you give an extra Alt Leader?

Select up to four

• America (1.5)

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Arabia

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • Aztec

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brazil

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • China (2)

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Egypt

Votes: 53 67.1%
  • England (2)

• France (2.5)

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Germany

Votes: 45 57.0%
  • Greece (2)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • India (2)

• Japan

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • Kongo

• Norway

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Rome

Votes: 40 50.6%
  • Russia

Votes: 36 45.6%
  • Scythia

• Spain

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • Sumeria

• Total voters
Outside the Box Germans (at least compared to anything in Civ before):

Frederick Wilhelm of Prussia "The Great Elector"
Maximilian Emanuel of Bavaria "The Blue King"
Ludwig II of Bavaria "The Swan King"
Augustus the Strong of Saxony
Otto I the Great: "King of the Germans" 936 to 962, Holy Roman Emperor 962 to 973

Frederick Wilhelm started Prussia's military march to hegemony, Maximilian founded the standing Bavarian Army but also made Bavarian Blue a real color and so could be military and cultural, Augustus made his capital of Dresden one of the cultural centers of Europe, Otto defeated the Magyars at Lechfeld but also spread Christian 'Romanesque' cathedrals and churches throughout eastern Germany, so could be military-religious, and Ludwig built Neuschwanstein and Linderhof palaces and started others, could be the first great Tourism Leader in Civ!

All Monarchs, which are boring. For true out of the box leaders, I suggested Konrad Adenauer before. And if you really want to make people mad, go with Martin Luther. ;-)

And if you really want to make people mad, go with Martin Luther.
He can't have a single denounce animation and line; he needs a litany of them. :mischief:

Afterward, he throws either nails or a hammer at you.

But your music can include a whole bunch of hymns written by him.

All Monarchs, which are boring. For true out of the box leaders, I suggested Konrad Adenauer before. And if you really want to make people mad, go with Martin Luther. ;-)

Gee, I select people who actually ruled and you say they are boring. Also, I specifically said out of the box by Civ German standards. I don't think the current Civ VI ruler list has any box at all, since it includes legends, non-rulers, and semi-rulers mixed in with people who actually ruled.

Now, for really out of the box German you could throw in an Alternate History German Emperor:

Friedrich Wilhelm Nikolaus Karl - Frederich III.

He was dying of cancer for the entire 3 months he was Kaiser, never had a chance to do anything.
BUT he spent 17 years as Crown Prince, so he has been the subject of much speculation as to what kind of Germany he might have produced based on his record as a 'pre-emperor'. He was an army commander in all three of the Unification Wars, so he had the military chops that one could expect of a Prussian, but he was considered quite liberal for the time (even outside of Germany), married the daughter of Victoria of Great Britain, supported the Jewish community of Germany when right wingers wanted to completely disenfranchse them, expanded the art collections of the museums in Berlin, and stated that he did not believe in military solutions to diplomatic problems - a radical idea for Germany! He also fought aainst Bismarck's aggressive diplomacy, and said that he planned to rule 'by cabinet' - rather than autocratically, another radical idea for a German ruler of any kind before 1945.

Maximilian I Joseph. King of Bavaria and a true peoples king to Bavarians. Interest in art, law, and science. Opposed German unification and set the tone for Bavaria to be rather culturally independent compared to the rest of Germany.

But your music can include a whole bunch of hymns written by him.

Gee, I select people who actually ruled and you say they are boring. Also, I specifically said out of the box by Civ German standards. I don't think the current Civ VI ruler list has any box at all, since it includes legends, non-rulers, and semi-rulers mixed in with people who actually ruled.

Now, for really out of the box German you could throw in an Alternate History German Emperor:

Friedrich Wilhelm Nikolaus Karl - Frederich III.

He was dying of cancer for the entire 3 months he was Kaiser, never had a chance to do anything.
BUT he spent 17 years as Crown Prince, so he has been the subject of much speculation as to what kind of Germany he might have produced based on his record as a 'pre-emperor'. He was an army commander in all three of the Unification Wars, so he had the military chops that one could expect of a Prussian, but he was considered quite liberal for the time (even outside of Germany), married the daughter of Victoria of Great Britain, supported the Jewish community of Germany when right wingers wanted to completely disenfranchse them, expanded the art collections of the museums in Berlin, and stated that he did not believe in military solutions to diplomatic problems - a radical idea for Germany! He also fought aainst Bismarck's aggressive diplomacy, and said that he planned to rule 'by cabinet' - rather than autocratically, another radical idea for a German ruler of any kind before 1945.

This guy actually getting to rule is a tornado of butterflies, as he was the polar opposite in almost every way to his son Kaiser Wilhelm II.

There is a significant change the 2nd Reich becomes a true contitutional monarchy unofficially allied with Great Britain.

Wow, what would Wilhelm II’s leader ability be?

Randomly generates grievances, alliances, and breaks alliances at random as well as the occasional random DoW?

That guy defined loose cannon!

Wow, what would Wilhelm II’s leader ability be?

Randomly generates grievances, alliances, and breaks alliances at random as well as the occasional random DoW?
Sounds accurate.

Arabia: I'd love to see any great Umayyad or Abbasid caliph. Uthman or al-Rashid would make sense.
Egypt: Either a native Egyptian pharaoh like Hatshepsut or Ramesses II, or if not that then Piye as an alternate leader for both Egypt and Nubia.
Germany: I'd like to see a more recent German leader. Old Fritz would be lovely, but I doubt they'd go for him in Civ 6... I mean, having two Fredericks, and both as German leaders? :crazyeye:
Japan: I'd really love to also see a more recent Japanese leader. Meiji would be a cool choice. He could take on Japan's current ability as his leader ability and make room for a new Japanese civ ability. Alternatively, we could get Ito Hirobumi.

Arabia: I'd love to see any great Umayyad or Abbasid caliph. Uthman or al-Rashid would make sense.
I don't think many Muslims would appreciate the depiction of a companion of Mohammed. It's disrespectful, according to them, so I doubt we'd see Uthman. :p

I don't think many Muslims would appreciate the depiction of a companion of Mohammed. It's disrespectful, according to them, so I doubt we'd see Uthman. :p
Who are the forbiddens one? I tought was just Mohammed Maomé who cannot be praised his figure.

Who are the forbiddens one? I tought was just Mohammed Maomé who cannot be praised his figure.
I know Abu Bakr was one, I cant remember the others. Try looking it up.

This is 'way Off Topic and the subject has spawned literally hundreds of scientific/DNA/genome studies, so I'll make it very brief:
Yeah, but what about hair color?

He can't have a single denounce animation and line; he needs a litany of them. :mischief:
"God ordain that in swallowing you may choke to death."
"You are the head of all the worst scoundrels on earth, a vicar of the devil, an enemy of God, an adversary of Christ, a destroyer of Christ's churches; a teacher of lies, blasphemies, and idolatries; an arch-thief and robber; a murderer of kings and inciter to all kinds of bloodshed; a brothel-keeper over all brothel-keepers and all vermin, even that which cannot be named; an Antichrist, a person of sin and child of perdition; a true werewolf."
"Snot-nose."

Top Bottom