Today, it's 14th of July, France National Day

D' Artagnan

Mousquetaire du Roi
Originally posted by GenghisK
For those who don't know what it is, it's the French National Day. It symbolize the fall of Monarchy and starting of Revolution. The Bastille was a prison that was also the symbol of the King's power (Louis XVI), because people who dared to go against his power were arrested and imprisonned there.
By assaulting this building, people showed that it was time to change into a real Democracy. That was in 7/14/1789...

And to commemorate that, each year there's a military parade in Paris, gathering all of the French elite. And of course, there are a lot of fireworks in the night... I never missed that when I was in France. Too bad, this year, I don't have TV here

Happy 14th of July GenghisK, Kinniken and Akka (and the other Frenchmen if I missed some ) ;)

Joyeux 14 juillet à tous les français et vive la France!

:cool:

Originally posted by D' Artagnan

Happy 14th of July GenghisK, Kinniken and Akka (and the other Frenchmen if I missed some ) ;)

You forgot Belle :p

And in honor I made a French SG. ;)

Anyway, yay for France! Who cares about the Iraq troubles, they helped us in the Revolution and we helped them. :)

Originally posted by cgannon64
Anyway, yay for France! Who cares about the Iraq troubles, they helped us in the Revolution and we helped them. :)
I agree, we've been friends too long to let this silly little tiff keep us angry at each other.

Liberte! Egalite! Fraternite!

Yes vive la france, birth of modern democraty, freespeach, elected leader.

In those trouble day, i am still very proud of France foreigh policy.

Hourra to liberty fries because liberty=french :lol:

Happy Bastille Day (at least that's what we call it over here)! Vive la France!

Originally posted by cgannon64

Napoleon said :
I agree, we've been friends too long to let this silly little tiff keep us angry at each other.

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by D' Artagnan

A quand un le Jour d'Indépendance pour le Québec ? ;) ;) ;)

Oh and sorry Belle, how could I forgot u ;=)

The national day of Quebec is the 24 june (St-Jean Baptiste). Even if we become independant one day, I bet we will still celebrated our independance the same day.

I could only find some pictures of last years parade sore here they are :

The Republican Guard :

the Légion D'honneur 200th birthday (2002) :

The Saint-Cyr military School 200 th b-d as well (2002) :

West Point's 200 th b-day (!)

The NYC firefighters were there too to commemorate the WTC attacks, in this truck four firefighters that witnessed the attacks :

French tanks parade :

Some tranport vehicles :

Hope it works :hmm:

Vive la France ! Félicitations !

Wishing all the Frenchmen and women on these boards a happy quatorze juillet, the francophile Dutchman,

Jacques Marchand ;)

As of today in 1942, the Free French forces officially became La France Combattante, or the Fighting French! Liberte!

Vive la France!!

Happy quatorze juillet to our western neighbours :)

:thumbsup: Vive la France

I may not agree with everything France does, and they may not agree with everything we do, but I think we need to remember they are old allies and friends. They gave us a hand when we needed it, and we gave them a hand when they needed it.

Vive la France! I hope all the French posters have a great day. We, the Patriots, on the other side of the ocean will always be your allies, despite certain times.

I have partial French origin, BTW. Then again, I also have four other origins. I guess that wouldn't count for much.:p

Top Bottom