Tom Cruise: Just when you thought he couldn't get any crazier...

SuperBeaverInc.

Groucho
I saw this headline and I just couldn't resist.

Tom Cruise is allegedly planning to build a $10 million bunker underneath his Colorado mansion in preparation for the end of the world.

Tom Cruise is allegedly planning to build a $10 million bunker underneath in preparation for the end of the world.

The 'Top Gun' star, who is a devout follower of Scientology, is said to believe evil intergalactic ruler Xenu will attack Earth and so has designed a place to hide underneath his Colorado mansion.

A source told America's Star magazine: "Tom is planning to build a $10 million bunker under his Telluride estate.

"It's a self-contained underground shelter with a high tech air-purifying system where up to ten people can survive for years."

Scientology's founder, science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard, claimed extra-terrestrial beings were sent to Earth by intergalactic ruler Xenu, who then destroyed the aliens with hydrogen bombs in a volcano. The aliens' souls attached themselves to chosen humans, known as thetans, who will be one day be saved.

Tom is a devout follower of the bizarre sci-fi cult and has been hailed by leaders of the faith as the "chosen one" who will spread the word of the religion.

The 45-year-old actor is currently in Berlin filming World War II drama, 'Valkyrie'.

He has been joined by wife Katie Holmes and 17-month-old daughter Suri, but his adopted children with first wife Nicole Kidman - Isabella, 14, and 12-year-old son Connor - are said to have spent the summer at a Scientology camp.

http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn...r=0&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc

I think it's obvious that he has a lot of extra money that he could donate to me.

But hey, it's his money, and if he wants an underground bunker to hide in during the apocalypse, why not? :lol: Come to think of it, having a bunker like that would be pretty cool. And you'd be good to go in case zombies attack, too - you could just let the other suckers fight them, while you play Civ in your bunker!

Intergalactic ruler Xenu???????????????????????????????

If Xenu is really out to get him, wouldn't a large bunker be a waste of money?

The gods never appreciated such hubris.

If Xenu is really out to get him, wouldn't a large bunker be a waste of money?

The gods never appreciated such hubris.

Yeah, building a DC-8 space place would make more sense.

If I had that sort of cash to waste I'd also build myself a cool bunker.

If he comes we should give him the coordinates to his bunker.

55% of Americans believe in it.

Over 65 million copies of the Left Behind books have been sold.

Most of the Republican current and former leadership - Bill Frist, Mitch McConnell, Rick Santorum, Jon Kyl, Dennis Hastert, Roy Blunt etc. - believe in it.

And that's the majority of Christianity...how?

The Rapture was made up by a guy in the late 1800's. It is not in the Bible.

Back on topic.

How do we know if Cruise is doing this just for publicity or if he actually believes this nonsense.

After seeing this, I have a fear that nothing will be funny to me anymore! Like when Cartman saw a butt-faced people.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

...As I'm in England and could get sooooo sued, I'm just going to smile sardonically at this :)

If I had that much cash to waste I'd build a bunker like that...

...and use it to host some killer paintball games with my buddies.

Top Bottom