Tomatekh's Benin Empire for VP

CTD in my current game, ~turn 220, on Benin's AI turn. Wanna review a log eventually?
That wouldn't hurt. You can put it here.

In Renaissance after losing unit I get 450 science and production. My cities production average about 100 and my science per turn 219.

Afair I decided not to boost any of the unique tile improvements. Only base ones common for each civ.

But I cannot forbid you to add your own compatibility update if you think it's necessary.

I think that era scaling on unit death is off. I play on epic speed large map. In Renaissance it should be 3x1.5x20, so I should be getting 90 prod and science, but I get 450 of both.
Same was happening in Vietnam mod I was getting very big amount of tourism and GG points.

This might be a stupid question regarding the UA: Are only the Unique Units supposed to be able to remove Forests, Jungles and Marsh or all Units? Cause the description kind of sounds like all units should be able to do that, however in my current game with VP Version 2.6 im not able to do that?

@Hinin not sure if you are still tracking feedback on your custom civs. I'm currently working through your adaptions, finished the Scots and now trying out the Benin. I like that you give each such distinctive playstyles that encourage/reward combinations of different policy trees. Very much enjoying Benin, seems like they lean into the most enjoyable way to warfare as a human player by racking up highly promoted units. The Iya really shines in early game if you take tradition as ancient policy tree.
I have to question is the Igunematon's tech and science scaling working as intended, as I feel it provides a possibly overpowered power spike to waging war?
I'm in Industrial era and with 5 guilds in my 5 non puppet cities I get 400 science and production in the capital per unit that dies, which makes getting through techs and wonders a breeze with the other cities pumping out more units to send to the front line. It's a lot of fun and makes tradition warfare profitable

Settler: "Excuse me your highness, how should we call our new glorious settlement?"
Attila:

Screenshot_1.png

Lmao

Hey, really fun civ, but FYI it appears VP v.4 may have broken the placement restrictions on the iya, which may have made it a bit OP, especially if going autocracy:
Spoiler :

Untitled.jpg

Just a tad too strong ;)

Top Bottom