1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomatekh's Historical Religion Mods

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by Tomatekh, Oct 23, 2012.

1. YINGCHENG

YINGCHENG Warlord

Hi tomatekh, any news about your great spy mod?to be honest, I am eager to see it coming shortly : )

2. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Yes, I know I promised to get my Spy mod working months ago. I feel bad for leaving it broken for so long, especially knowing that many people have been looking forward to it.

I haven't abandoned the mod, I've just sort of been feeling burnt out from modding in general. So, I've more or less been taking a break from the whole thing.

However, I've recently been inspired to try and sort out my final Civ V projects (Great Spy, Poverty Point, and Mississippi) and intend to put an earnest effort to work on them this month. I'm hoping to sort their issues out. Hopefully I'm not too rusty coding things and my fellow modders haven't completely abandoned V for VI to help me out with some code issues.

3. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

I'm still around, but I don't think I'll be any use with code issues.

4. black213

black213 Emperor

Would be nice if an update was to be made which allowed non-Christian civs to choose a more appropriate fallback religion (within denominations). Arabia chose Nestorianism while Shia and co. were available!

5. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

6. black213

black213 Emperor

Ah, I assumed it was since at least the Christian civs chose within their denominations.

7. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

I don't think they do? All civs should pick Buddhism after their preferred has been chosen (since Buddhism is first by index order). This mod changes some default religious preferences from Christianity/Catholicism to an appropriate Christian denomination (or Buddhist or Islamic, etc.), though.

8. black213

black213 Emperor

Hm. That hasn't been the case in my experience - with Sunni having been taken, I've seen Songhai found Arianism and Arabia Nestorianism.

9. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Civ 5 religion pick is this

If my available religion can be founded, choose that one

other wise, pick the first available religion from index 0 assuming said index is not a preferred religion of another civ.

So if you have Buddhism, Catholicism and Protestantism,

if Elizabeth picks Protestantism and Bismarck founds a religion, but Ramkhamhaeng is in the game without a religion then Bismarck will pick Catholicism.

10. WoodenThrone

WoodenThrone Chieftain

May I ask what happened to the High America Denominations?

11. SLGray

SLGray King

Are you using the Complete version?

12. WoodenThrone

WoodenThrone Chieftain

Yes, although I wished for the separate version.

13. SLGray

SLGray King

Is it not on Steam?

14. WoodenThrone

WoodenThrone Chieftain

Nope. Not in civfanatics either

15. SLGray

SLGray King

I believe it was removed when the complete version was released.

16. WoodenThrone

WoodenThrone Chieftain

Oh, my mistake. What I meant to say is, Tomatekh has deleted it and I'm curious to know why

17. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Thank you JFD and MarshmallowBear for answering questions.

I actually didn't delete it, so I have no idea what happened to it. Unlike my bigger stuff, all the small mods like denomination packs were hosted here on civfanatics instead of dropbox. If one is missing, it has to be a civfanatics error or something, as I never removed anything. Unfortunately, I no longer have the standalone files on my computer to re-upload. You might still be able to get them with Steam Downloader from the Workshop.

18. WoodenThrone

WoodenThrone Chieftain

The High American and Polynesian Packs have also dissappeared from the workshop. But that's alright. I'll probs just use the edit or complete or maybe try to extract the missing denominations and place them in the edit.

19. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

For some reason, I'm not seeing anymore the HR preference of a civ, when able to choose religion (so the little icon on the related symbol). Attached a screenshot of the Celts and where you don't see anything with Druidism and also log in case helpful.

Is this a setting, load order issue or otherwise conflict?

I'm only using HR Complete v45 (Steam) and the Community Patch (Steam 20 May).Until recent I had an earlier version of the CP, so could this be related and if so, solvable?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

20. Polosolo

Polosolo Chieftain

So does the SQL for modifying the religion of a custom civ still work? I understand it's PROBABLY a fault on me, but I just want to know before continuing blind trial and error.
    Thank