1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomatekh's Historical Religions v.12c

Adds additional historical (pre-modern and indigenous) religions to the base game.

1. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

I think that is perfectly acceptable. There are still several instances where usage of the full church name is definitely cumbersome. Consider the official church site uses the full name, but the web address is still lds.org and the official press site is mormonnewsroom.org. Sometimes it's just not practical! ;)

By the by, thank you for the new update! :thumbsup:

2. pokiehl

pokiehl King

Hey there Tomatekh! Thanks for updating this mod. Nice to see you around a bit again. Hope things are well.

3. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

I can still change the name to just "Latter-Day Saints" if that would work.

I'm doing well, just been very busy and haven't had much time for civ stuff.

pokiehl likes this.
  4. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Well, I finally bothered to update the religion preview image (which was about 3 versions out of date).

So, if you activate every icon in the config file:

Spoiler :

So, just a little over-bloated :p

But, there's always Lite Mode and now a bunch of options to disable religions.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    pokiehl, Laurana Kanan and SeelingCat like this.
  5. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Also, I know the pressure icons still don't work in strategic view. I haven't been able to figure them out yet, but I do still intend to fix them at some point.

6. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

I would say I'm more preferential towards "Latter-Day Saints". The singular reason being that while Mormonism is more widely known, it does carry the connotation that we worship the Prophet Mormon instead of Jesus, which is in no way correct. "Latter-Day Saints" while a truncation of the official church name, is a much better descriptor of our religion.

7. Piranga

Piranga Chieftain

I can't play Civ 6 without this mod (+random religions). The game feels stale without it. Thanks!

8. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Thanks!

BTW the config file has an option to set random religions for all leaders, so you can do it all together and have one less mod to worry about if you wanted.

9. Piranga

Piranga Chieftain

Wow, that was easy to figure out. Change one number, you made those config file instructions simple to follow.

Thanks again!

10. WoodenThrone

WoodenThrone Chieftain

Just a question, but, is there now a way to edit the files for civs to found a secondary religion once their first one has been taken? Say, Seondok founds Confucianism if Mahayana was already founded? And would found Muism if that's been taken.

11. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

No, it's not possible with how Firaxis has coded the game.

12. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Tomatekh updated Tomatekh's Historical Religions with a new update entry:

v. 12

- Mod is now compatible with Gathering Storm (as well as all previous DLC)
    -New leaders set to: Matthias (Catholicism), Laurier (Catholicism), Eleanor x2 (Catholicism), Kristina (Catholicism – option for Protestantism [Lutheranism] in the config file), Mansa Musa (Islam [Sunni]), Suleiman (Islam [Sunni]), Dido (Canaanism), Kupe (Manaism [Puata Tupuna]), Pachacuti (Pachaism [Ayni])
    - Added Kepercayaan and Odinani to the mod
    - Moved a few of the religions from the “Unfinished Religions” section of the config file to the default mod
    - New icon for Pachaism to distinguish it from the Incan civ symbol
    - Updated the Adventism, Manichaeism, Chiminigagua icons
    - Additional icons added to the “Unused Custom Icons” option in the config file
    - Corrected the order for a few of the denomination religions in relation to their base religion
    - Added additional options to the “Alternate Religious Preferences” section of the config file
    - Full German translation added thanks to Stevie
    - Misc. text and code changes.

* I’ve temporarily removed the option to reduce Catholicism-Orthodoxy-Protestantism into “Christianity” from the config file. This will be re-added later once the load order changes are worked out.
    * The religion pressure icons in strategic view are still not yet implemented for the mod religions. I haven’t had any luck figuring out how this is done, but I continue to look into it. It may not be possible at the moment.

Note:

- Mod updates reset the configuration file. Please check your preferences before starting a new game.
    - If playing in multiplayer all players need identical entries in the configuration file
    - As the expansion just released, there could stull be compatibility issues I don’t know about. Please let me know if you encounter any problems with the mod or the new options in the config file
    - Updates are not compatible with existing saves. A link to download the previous version is available at the bottom of the mod's Steam Workshop description

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Laurana Kanan and Rob (R8XFT) like this.
  13. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Crap, doing all the stuff for the expansion, I completely forgot about this. I'll probably have to do a small maintenance update in the near future to address newly discovered issues with the expansion. I'll change it then.

Laurana Kanan likes this.
  14. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

So, someone gave me a Portuguese translation like two updates ago which I added and now I realize I never credited you and I can't remember who gave it to me. Agh! Sorry!

15. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

v.12a

- Hotfix to correct a crash when certain religions where disabled.
    - Fixed it and the load order issue so re-added the "HR_CHRISTIAN_DENOMINATIONS", "HR_DISABLE_UNUSED_BASE_RELIGIONS", "HR_NO_CUSTOM_ICONS" options to the config file
    - Misc. text and code changes.

Reminder:
    - Updates reset the configuration file. Please check your preferences before starting a new game.
    - I believe the hotfix should be compatible with previous saves providing you reset the configuration file to your previously used settings. If not, I’ve provided a download link for the previous version (12) at the bottom of the Steam description to continue your previous saves.

16. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

This remains an excellent and must-have mod as far as I'm concerned! Thanks for all the hard work maintaining and updating it.

Tomatekh likes this.
  17. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Thanks, Rob! And great work on getting the GS version of Anno Domini out. I'm always impressed by the scope of the mod and the work you put into it.

Rob (R8XFT) likes this.
  18. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Okay, so, the pressure icons in the strategic view are now working? Maybe since GS?

I don't know why or how, because I didn't do anything new. I've always added the icons when I added religions, but they never worked. I thought I was adding them wrong, but maybe I was doing it correctly and it was actually a problem on Firaxis' end that they finally fixed?

Regardless, they seem to be there now, so that's good! One issue is that, because they never worked before, I didn't really check on them. It's not really feasible for me to test all 269 icons at this point. So, if you encounter a problem with any specific one, let me know.

I'll probably have to also do a small maintenance update within the next day or two to double check everything and correct some issues with mod leader compatibility.

19. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

v.12b

-Reduced file size of the mod
    -The pressure icons in Strategic View are now (tentatively) working
    -Some adjustments to the custom icons
    -Fixed some issues with mod compatibility
    -Misc. code changes

Reminder:
    - Updates reset the configuration file. Please check your preferences before starting a new game.
    - I believe the hotfix should be compatible with previous saves providing you reset the configuration file to your previously used settings. If not, I’ve provided a download link for the previous version (12a) at the bottom of the Steam description to continue your previous saves.

20. circeus

circeus Chieftain

Is Ankatt-u supposed to have that n? I notice that in the civ V version it's called "Akatt-u".