1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomatekh's Historical Religions v.10.3.a

Adds additional historical (pre-modern and indigenous) religions to the base game.

1. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

My note in the update log was mostly for people who have a second version installed in their mods folder. Normally steam should automatically replace old versions in the contents folder after an update. I've had messages like that popup if I tried to delete/reinstall something that I already had open (usual a stray file I was looking at) but didn't realize. Other times my antivirus program was blocking a downloaded file for some reason. But this is probably not either of those :/

I would try running the steam program itself as an admin, if you haven't already, then while running it verify the integrity of civ VI's files and then resubscribing. If steam continues to not download the mod, manually download and install it from here (stuff placed in the mods folder should overwrite the workshop's content folder).

There are also file unlocker programs that can delete files being blocked by a unknown process. It's been a while since I used one, so I'm not sure which are reputable to recommend.

I'll continue to research the issue to see if I can learn anything else.

2. alireza1354

alireza1354 Chieftain

Missing the awesome Mu'tazilites.

3. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Tomatekh updated Tomatekh's Historical Religions with a new update entry:

v 9

- Anito (Phillipine), Ahmadi, Chiminigagua (Muisca), Fât Roog (Serer), Mahoma(Calusa), Mwari Cult (Shona), Pohakantenna (Shoshone)
    - 2 Additional Custom Icons
    - The mod now has a load order of -1

Remember, the configuration table is located at the top of the “HR_Religions_Master.sql” file.

The update is not compatible with save games using the previous version.

4. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

What is the best among your proposed religions for an ancient papua civ? Tala-e-Fonua ?

5. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

The mod includes Malagan "RELIGION_MLAGAN" which is meant to represent various Melanesian cultures and should be appropriate for an ancient Papua civ.

You can add support in an SQL file by doing something like this:

Code:
    DELETE FROM FavoredReligions WHERE LeaderType = 'LEADER_XXX';

INSERT OR REPLACE INTO FavoredReligions
               (LeaderType,                                       ReligionType)
    SELECT   ('LEADER_XXX'),                             ('RELIGION_MLAGAN')
    WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Religions WHERE ReligionType = 'RELIGION_MLAGAN');

6. Matheus Costa

Matheus Costa Chieftain

Hello Tomatekh, nice work with this mod. As a Jehovah's Witness, I'd like to see my religion represented in this mod, as we a are a widespread and well-known christian denomination. Our logo is the Watchtower, and we should go right beside the Adventists and Mormons under Christianity.

Thanks a lot!

7. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Hey, everyone!

Just saw that the update launched.

I'll try to have an update for the mod sometime this weekend. In the meantime, I believe the mod should still function. Indonesia and Khmer will prefer the wrong denomination and my religions may be missing an icon size, but neither of which should break the game.

8. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Okay, so it seems that the HR religions are not working properly with the new religion lens. The game is still playable, but the lens is mostly useless while the mod is active. I am looking into fixing this as soon as possible.

@Matheus Costa
    I'll try to work it in for this update.

9. skodkim

skodkim Chieftain

Looking forward to an update :goodjob:

\Skodkim

10. JH12345

JH12345 Chieftain

GL on updating for this patch

11. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Unfortunately, it’s looking like the new Religion Lens is going to be a more complicated issue than I initially thought. I essentially will need to make a Pressure and an Overlay texture file for each religion. Considering I need to figure out how to do this, and then make both for all 140 religion icons in the mod, it might be a while :/

12. JH12345

JH12345 Chieftain

Hey its alright, I can wait :)

13. Equilin

Equilin Chieftain

I suppose i can request a religion (not historical tho) to be added? I want to see one for the Jedi! (They're pretty much a cult lol)

14. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

There may be more Jedi Knights than Scientologists, but the OP decided not to add modern religious movements and the atom symbol suffices for atheism.

15. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

I think Zebenji's Additional Religions has Jedism already.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974503513

To update on my mod, yes I'm still working on it. No ETA yet. Between my limited modding time these days and the amount of work that's needed to update every religion that's in the mod, it could still be a while. The plan is to definitely have it updated again by the expansion, but hopefully earlier than that.

16. Equilin

Equilin Chieftain

17. zebenji

zebenji Chieftain

Hope you'll enjoy it. :)

18. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Tomatekh updated Tomatekh's Historical Religions with a new update entry:

v 10 Part 1

v.10 Update (Part 1)

So, good news and slightly disappointing news. As many of you know, the Religion Lens issue has plagued this mod since last October. Leugi (the amazing modder that he is) finally solved the issue! However, it was only solved last week. It actually takes some time to implement the fix, as I need to manually do it for every icon in the mod (all 140 of them). Needless to say a week is not nearly enough time to do them all. In the meantime, I also needed to post an update so the mod can load with Rise and Fall as well as a general leader preference update.

So, in order to post a working update as soon as possible, I’ve made the compromise to set the mod to only load in “Light Mode”. Light Mode is normally an option in the mod’s config file where the mod only adds about ~10 new religions to accommodate preferences for all the officially included leaders. The Light Mode religions are now all fully functional (icons, religion lens, historic moments) and up to date.

Essentially, this is part 1 of the update. The mod works again, all the new leaders have preferences, and I have more time to work through the remaining 110 icons. When they are finished, I’ll post part 2 which will re-enable all the religions as well as the config file options. Hopefully, part 2 won’t take too long. In the meantime, I hope everyone understands and can still enjoy the mod.

Thanks!

- The mod now works with both the base game and the Rise and Fall expansion.
    - The mod (temporarily) will only load in light mode.
    - All light mode religions now function with the religion lens.
    - Added “historic moments” art for the light mode religions.
    - Amatongo, Tengriism, Wakan Tanka, and Witran Mapu added to the light mode religions.
    - Shaka now prefers Amatongo; Genghis Khan now prefers Tengriism, Poundmaker now prefers Wakan Tanka, Lautaro now prefers Witran Mapu.
    - The mod now has a new ID #

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    Hanny likes this.
  19. Merciorum

Merciorum Chieftain

Ooooh, marvellous, I look forward to trying this :D.

Might I recommend, since you subdivide Protestantism into its various sects, you do the same for Shi'ism? A tripartite division into Zaydi, Twelver and Isma'ili would be cool :).

20. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying the update.

Yeah, a Shia denomination pack was something I was interested in the past. I simply put all my new religion/denomination plans on hold until I could figure out the religion lens issue. Once I finish updating all the icons, I'll definitely be expanding the mod more with new religions.

So it might still be a while, but it is something I have on my to do list. In the meantime, if you have any suggestions for icons that would help a lot.