1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomatekh's Historical Religions v.10.3.a

Adds additional historical (pre-modern and indigenous) religions to the base game.

1. IgorS

IgorS Your ad could be here!

Hi. I am trying to start a new game in R&F, and I can't. When disabling your mod, the game works. Any ideas?
    I have other mods active, but they have nothing to do with religions, they only change city lists.

2. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Hmm, try this, go to the mod folder and open the file "Tomatekh's Historical Religions.MODINFO" with notepad and search for <LoadOrder>1</LoadOrder>. Change that to a -1 (so <LoadOrder>-1</LoadOrder>) and save the file.

3. IgorS

IgorS Your ad could be here!

You were right. It is the load order.

4. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Thanks! I'll push a hotfix shortly (should have no impact on existing saves)...

AND Hotfix posted

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  5. Boldor83

Boldor83 Chieftain

Hi for me it's the other way around. I had to change -1 to 1 to start a game.

6. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

That's interesting. Thanks, I'll look into it more.

There's also currently a bug with Firaxis' official DLC which could be causing problems starting games. I would recommend double checking to make sure that's not an issue as it could impact using other mods as well.

See this reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/7x8l5g/civ_6_rise_fall_dlc_momentillustrations_database/

7. MisterBoomBoom

MisterBoomBoom Chieftain

Will you keep us updated on the viability of this important mod with R&F please.

8. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

At the moment it should be 100% compatible with R&F. Almost all the crashes people have reported to me have been in regard to the load order bug (see the reddit link I posted in the post above yours).

Currently, the mod will only load in "light mode" simply because making the religion lens and historical moments art for all 140 icons would have taken too long and delayed the R&F update. However, I'm working through the icons a bit every night when I have time and should re-enable the complete set of icons in the near future.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  9. Nahimi

Nahimi Chieftain

I am waiting for the Rise And Fall, very excited! I was thinking to try the light mode but what religions come in the light mode?

10. MisterBoomBoom

MisterBoomBoom Chieftain

Lite mode?

11. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Limmu

Lite Mode just means that it only adds religions relevant to the vanilla and DLC leaders.

12. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Tomatekh updated Tomatekh's Historical Religions with a new update entry:

v 10 Part 2

v. 10 Part 2

- All religions re-enabled and fully functional with the religion lens
    - Config file re-enabled
    - Added the ‘HR_CUSTOM_NAMES’ option to the config file. When enabled, all historical religions not preferred by a leader or included in the base game will function as a custom icon.
    - Miscellaneous bug, compatibility, and text fixes

~~~

Still To Do For Part 3 (Sometime Next Month)

- Set Catholicism and Orthodoxy to use their updated icons
    - Add strategic view icons for the lens
    - Correct the pedia to properly update entries when changing denominations in the config file

- Additional config file options

~~~

NOTE: Mod updates break saved games made with the previous version. If Steam updates your mod automatically, there is a download link for the previous version at the bottom of the mod description (above) which you can use to continue your saved game.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    Clubber Lang, IgorS and SeelingCat like this.
  13. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Tomatekh updated Tomatekh's Historical Religions with a new update entry:

v. 10 Part 3

Okay, Part 3 of the update. I know it’s soon after the previous one, but I didn’t want to leave the issues I mentioned hanging:

- Catholicism and Orthodoxy use their updated icons
    - Pedia entries now correctly update with config options
    - The custom name option now pre accommodates some mods without support
    - Added a German translation by stevie-the-curious (thanks!)
    - General bug and text fixes

The strategic view pressure icons used in the religion lens are still not working. I couldn’t figure them out just yet :/ but will implement them at a later date.

Unless there’s a game-breaking bug to fix, the next update probably won’t be for a while so I can work on new content for the mod.

14. Homusubi

Homusubi Lafcadio Hearn Wannabe

Hey Tomatekh,

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to suggest religions if you are indeed working on new content (or if you take them at all, and if you don't, sorry for bothering you), but given how many lesser known indigenous religions you've done, could you please add an Ainu religion at some point?

15. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

I'm happy to hear suggestions, it just takes me a long time to add stuff to the mod these days (and Firaxis' patches breaking the mod has set me back from adding a lot of content over the past few months). For the Ainu, you can currently set them to Šamānism which provides a general cover for the various overlapping shamanistic beliefs of north-eastern Asia to represent some of their traditions such as their bear and hunting rituals and stuff that interrelates to the neighboring Nivkh. I'll look into adding a Ainu specific sub-denomination at some point in the future, but, again, it might be a while with my schedule and as I work through back-log and time things around major patches :p

16. Homusubi

Homusubi Lafcadio Hearn Wannabe

That all sounds very understandable. Thanks for the tip about NE Asian Šamānism.

17. MAHRana

MAHRana Chieftain

Mod stops working when disabling the denominations (R&F)

18. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Can you post your database log and what values you set for each option in the config file?

That will help me narrow the cause of the crash. It's probably either a combination of the config options I didn't completely account for (easy fix on my end), or, if you're also using other mods, one of the mods you're using incorrectly added HR support and its crashing because that mod is looking for a religion that doesn't exist once the denominations are off (you'd have to contact the mod author to correct his mod).

19. MAHRana

MAHRana Chieftain

I'm using the Religion Expanded mod as well, but I'm not sure if there's a conflict, anyway here's the configurations I (tried) to use, apart from that not changing anything works fine:

Attached Files:

20. BUNDESKAISER

BUNDESKAISER Chieftain

i have an idea : can you add Shiism because many iranians, some syrian are chiite.