1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomatekh's New Civilizations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by Tomatekh, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

Oh I'm pretty sure we shall see Tomatekh resurface with Civ 6, even if he doesn't believe it now :p :D

After all, the Olmecs wouldn't be possible without your job, it is more your civ than mine tbh :lol:

2. NiaoMeow

NiaoMeow Ximicacan? XIMICACAN?

Olmecs civ 6 first mod to be relaesed confirmed :lol:

3. LightRay

LightRay Chieftain

Hey! I'm new and I basically registered so that I could report a bug related to compatibilities regarding Harappa.

I'm using Sukritact's Events and Decisions, JFD's Cultural Diversity and the Community Patch. Whenever I start a game as Harappa, the culture it's assigned to is Islamic instead of Bharatan which is what it should be.

I'm not sure if it's an error that I should report to you or to JFD, but I decided to do it here because it's your civilization. :S

4. Klisz

Klisz King

Please enable logging if you haven't already, attempt to start a game with the same mods, and then upload your Database.log file.

5. LightRay

LightRay Chieftain

I tried that, but when I try to upload the file from my computer it says:

Database.log:
    Invalid File

6. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Hmm, Harappa is just set to copy India.

Are those the only mods you're using (and is Harappa the standalone version or the Cradles of Civilization pack)? I can't seem to replicate the error using only those mods. Logging (Klisz's post above) will help me troubleshoot, but a full list of your mods would also be appreciated as it might be an issue with load order.

7. LightRay

LightRay Chieftain

I'm honestly using a massive load of mods, the grand majority of them being additional civilizations. I just mentioned those three because I thought the issue would lay with them.

I'm using the standalone version of Harappa, but I'm using all of the standalone versions of the civilizations included within. Only thing I'm not using is the City-States one from you.

I'm also using all of JFD and Janboruta's civilizations, all of Sukritact's, several from Leugi, the majority of Colonialist Legacies, and also the majority of TarcisioCM's. I'm also using Enhanced User Interface and InfoAddict. Overall I'd say it's over a hundred new civilizations added to the game. I could compile a complete list but it's going to take a while, and I still have the problem of being unable to upload the database.log

8. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Don't worry about posting a list. With that many it would be impossible to determine load order anyway :p

Do you know if it only happens with Harappa? If I have to guess, I would say that one of the mod civs added their Cul Div support incorrectly, which could potentially mess up the support of any civ loaded after it.

9. LightRay

LightRay Chieftain

I'm going to do several tests and get back to you, thank you very much for your help and patience, I'm a great fan of your work :D

10. hokath

hokath King

Hi Tomatekh, wanted to congratulate you (and Leugi) on another fantastic civ! Absolutely gorgeous, and a really interesting take on Tall.

The dugtrio were too much for Austria.
    I've been balancing it for the CPP. Let me know if you want the files or if I should cease and desist or whatever :D

11. paulmclem

paulmclem Warlord

Hi,

I am relatively new to Civ, and all but brand new to mods. However, I have added a couple of new civs from here (inc Goths) and I can see them in the Mods list - and they are all enabled. However, when I go to start a new game I can't see any new civs in the 'Select Civ' list. I have BNW and G+K. Any ideas?

PaulC.

12. tmxk2012917

tmxk2012917 Prince

where did you select to start a game?

13. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

Hi Tomatekh, really enjoy the civs you've created and the support in keeping them updated! Also the collaboration work (e.g. with Leugi) is amazing!

Question on some of your older civs: for Kongo, Mali, Shang and Xia I don't see explicitly mentioned that they work with CiD, whereas for the other civs it is mentioned on wikia or elsewhere. Do they have CiD support or, if not, would there be issues when using them with CiD?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

14. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

CiD doesn't really require anything, save leader dispositions toward Slavery and Decolonization. However, lacking these, nothing will be broken. So you can safely use CiD with older civs.

15. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

@hokath
    Thanks! Glad you are enjoying the mod (though most of the design is Leugi's). If you finish balancing the mod for CPP, I'd be happy to set up the files as a patch for people that want to use it. I wouldn't merge it with the base mod only because the CPP gets updated so frequently (and often significantly changes stuff) that integrating it into the base files might also require updating the Olmec every time CPP gets updated.

@paulmclem
    After you enable the mod, are you clicking on next and starting the game from the mods menu?

@Stef09
    As JFD said, CiD doesn't really require anything specific so all my mods should work with it. I believe I only specifically mentioned CiD support in a description if I had to change something that would otherwise conflict (i.e. two of my mods use dummy workers that needed to be updated to reflect the CiD peasant).

For the most part, all of my mods should be compatible with JFD's mods. There's always the chance for unforeseen conflicts so if you come across something, please report it and I'll fix it in an update. I know currently there's an issue with the Kuikuro and ExCE which I'm trying to figure out the best way to fix.

16. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

I was looking through the Cradle pack and I noticed that Xia doesn't have a city list. Do they just use the Shang list?

17. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Xia (either standalone or in the Cradles pack) don't use a city list from the XML. Their city naming is handled in the lua and changes based on your current dynasty.

18. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Hi everyone,

Hokath was kind enough to create a version of the Olmec compatible with the CBP / Vox Populi:

The Olmec (CBP) v.1

The download functions as a standalone mod (so it does not need the standard version of the Olmec) and requires the CBP.

If you have any feedback or encounter any bugs specific to this version, please post it on this Steam discussion page.

19. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

Realize that you've more or less stopped taking on new mod projects for civ5, but couldn't help noticing that there's still 1 civ open on the "unreleased list" (and that already had some heat on your thread a while ago), so here goes nothing...: :)

Any chance that Poverty Point will still come to live, as I believe from earlier posts that completion was not far off? :)

20. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Poverty Point is still planned to be released.