1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomatekh's New Civilizations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by Tomatekh, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Thanks! I know I still can't make a map on the same level as Janboruta or Sukritact (and Leugi and Regalman have been making amazing maps recently as well), but looking back at old versions of my maps I know I've improved a lot, and those six on the first page I'm really happy with.

2. regalman

regalman Reckless Dolphin

don't worry, I think you're maps are badass, especially Nri and Harappa

3. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

4. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Thanks, everyone!

The flowers make the map :p

5. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Which, I realize I didn't post it anywhere, Regalman drew the new flowers for the Harappa map, so everyone tell him how awesome he is.

6. cairnsy44

cairnsy44 Gooner - first class

If I could vote, I would prefer them toned down a little bit. I want to ally with them! :)
    Either way, they look fantastic. Great job!

7. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

I'm not sure how accurate to their source people would be though. The Sioux were fairly combative.

8. cairnsy44

oh, and any idea where all their prophets came from? It was like Shaka's impis...just a swarm of GPs flooding Belgium. I declared war and stole them all....

9. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

No real idea about the prophets. Besides one decision that can give them a small lump of faith in the early game, they get no advantages in the religion department. Sitting Bull has a slightly above average Religion flavor (6), but it's not as high as a lot of the non-modded religious leaders. I can only guess he settled/conquered his continent and had no one to use the units on so they built up.

True, but I don't really want him acting Shaka level aggressive.

10. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

That's legit, I was just responding to cairnsy44's request to have the Sioux toned down.

11. cairnsy44

Granted, I only have a 2 game sample with the Sioux, but in the most recent game, they are on par with Shaka. Big time warmonger. Game one was less so and probably more along what was intended. That most recent game is what I am going on when I wish he was toned down. I can definitely say he has made the game more interesting. The world is against him and he owns nearly all of the Eastern Continent. Thankfully, I am on the Western one and all chummy with my neighbors...

12. bouncymischa

bouncymischa Synthetic Genie

I should really study these flavor settings for these civs, because I have civs I want to be aggressive and conquest-minded like Shaka, but they tend to fail...

13. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

I really think its mostly the expansion rating (which Shaka has 11 by the way). They piss everyone off by settling next to their cities, and they get pissed off because everyone else is also encroaching on their land.

14. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

After playing a game with Kievan Rus, I think the decision that gives them reduced policy cost is misfiring because I had a ridiculous amount of culture all game along with getting what I'm pretty sure was a 10 percent reduction after only two policies on top of the actual decision.

As for Religion: Improved Customization, you're going to have to talk to BlouBlou yourself as he doesn't want to listen to me.

15. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

The Kievan Rus' decision functions through adding/removing a dummy building. It doesn't actually grant any extra culture or interact with the culture yields directly. If you were getting a ridiculous amount of extra culture, I would say its more likely an error from something else than the decision misfiring. I'll look into it though, just to make sure its not my mod.

16. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

For me the decision is working properly (having a great game as Kiev right now); I didn't get any extra culture, nor very ridiculous policy cost discount.

I had a ridiculous culture per turn for the entire game, but that's due to an early religion with World Church belief - severely underrated one.

17. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

So looking at the files, I did find another error in the mod (related to the veche), but not anything related to culture. I'll release an update later today to fix the new error.

18. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Skaz881, I apologize. I did find something which could affect your culture levels. It wasn’t related to decisions, though, which is what was throwing me off. It also wouldn't show up in most games, so it was easily missed.

If you’re currently playing the game and haven’t noticed anything, then you should be fine, update after. Otherwise, the update will affect saved games, so you'll have to start a new game. If you need the previous version, I keep a link active at the bottom of the Workshop page.

So fixed that, also took the opportunity to fix Jan’s Druzhina reskin also affecting Ethnic Unit base models (fix thanks to JFD), and changed up the Baptism decision a bit.

The current version is 50.

(And before someone points it out, no, I haven't actually released 50 versions of the mod. Sometimes I skip a few version numbers to keep a few of my mods in the same version number range so I can keep track of things easier).

19. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

I featured the Sioux in /r/civ's Mod of the Week!

One question has come up though:

20. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Cool :eek:

It will re-trigger on the next one you train/buy.