Tomatekh's New Civilizations

Btw, do your civs include support for CulDiv and E&D?

Yes, my civs support all the usual mods (i.e. all the mods that More Civs, JFD, Leugi, etc. also support) including E&D and Cul Div.

Don't Wild Bison wander onto improved tiles?

Yes, this is one of the areas where I believe the patch influenced the civ more than I originally thought. This is also an early vs late game issue, as late game the resource is more likely to stacked on a (high yield) improvement than early game. IDK, I'm still considering what edits to make to them.

I just played a game in which the Sioux were the runaway and I had to do a lot of work to get influential over them but it didn't seem any different to me than any other vanilla runaway AI, so I'm not sure there's a problem here.

I've also seen other expansion hungry civs play the same way as Sioux, which is why I'm not entirely sure how much to edit. I mean, I can just lower all the AI flavors, if that is what everyone wants. I'm more concerned if it is an actual balance issue, though, and if the civ abilities need to be toned down.

If anyone has feedback playing as the Sioux, that would also help.

By the way what is Mali's icon supposed to be? Because I cannot see it as anything other than a sad moose.

That's because it is a sad moose... but let's go with a kanaga mask as Kujarim_Wuniver pointed out :p

can we have a sneak peak at Caral/Harappa changes?

I don't know. They are getting nearer to release so maybe I should start teasing them. I normally don't like to post previews unless I have a firm release window in mind, as otherwise it's just showing stuff that might not be ready for months :/ Also, previews rely on art more than anything else, which is somewhat lacking at the moment.

Maybe I'll take some screenshots and then cut up and distort them to the point where they give no solid information...

can we have a sneak peak at Caral/Harappa changes?

I don't know. They are getting nearer to release so maybe I should start teasing them. I normally don't like to post previews unless I have a firm release window in mind, as otherwise it's just showing stuff that might not be ready for months :/ Also, previews rely on art more than anything else, which is somewhat lacking at the moment.

Maybe I'll take some screenshots and then cut up and distort them to the point where they give no solid information...

So here's some screenshots that don't really tell anything :p
Spoiler :

Some of you also caught this when it was previewed as part of Sukritact's fantastic Modular City Info Stack mod:
Spoiler :

Leugi's already shown part of his amazing Caral leaderhead in his thread (and it's identity guessed), so I guess there's no harm in showing the full thing:
Spoiler :

And, completely unrelated to new civs, I somewhat updated my old Timurid map (if anyone was wondering the extent of the Timurid update I posted earlier):
Spoiler :

What's the name of the Caral leader? Is it another thing like Went-Antu were we only have vague words to draw on or do we have an actual person?

The leader is called "Qhapaq" which, yes, is the same situation as Harappa's Went-Antu. Though, really, that's the best that can be done considering writing (not counting quipus) didn't really develop in the area to leave king lists.

Tomatekh is actually posting new info o_O !!!

Conclusion... there's a third civ besides Harappa and Caral (also because he posted a request in the unit graphic thread for an "unannounced civ").

Spoiler :

Some of you also caught this when it was previewed as part of Sukritact's fantastic Modular City Info Stack mod:
Spoiler :

Leugi's already shown part of his amazing Caral leaderhead in his thread (and it's identity guessed), so I guess there's no harm in showing the full thing:
Spoiler :

And, completely unrelated to new civs, I somewhat updated my old Timurid map (if anyone was wondering the extent of the Timurid update I posted earlier):
Spoiler :

Wow. Really nice update to the map!

But why you hate Oxford comma :cry:

Spoiler :

That Coastal Imports ability is really cool! How do you people think up such things... XD

I've also seen other expansion hungry civs play the same way as Sioux, which is why I'm not entirely sure how much to edit. I mean, I can just lower all the AI flavors, if that is what everyone wants. I'm more concerned if it is an actual balance issue, though, and if the civ abilities need to be toned down.

If anyone has feedback playing as the Sioux, that would also help.

I can't offer much concrete feedback on the Sioux, but I think I have to agree that it may be more a product of expansionist civs, particularly ones with bonuses to food and the like that can help feed into their expansion. It also is likely affected by other factors in the early game -- I had one game recently where one of my own civs (an expansionist civ with food bonuses) was the runaway, but then in a subsequent game the same civ actually fared more poorly, while a different civ was the runaway.

I know in the one game I've had against the Sioux, they didn't turn into a runaway. I'm usually busy playtesting my own civs, so I likely won't have much chance to actually play as them, but I'll try throwing them into more games to see how well they perform.

So I played another game but this time filled NA with as many tribes as I could which could at one point the Sioux and I'm pleased to say that they definitely curbed their land grabbing progress.

It was weird though, it felt like I was playing against another human player... >_>

Spoiler :

So Caral's unit replaces two units; Harappa has a unique improvement; and there's a third civ with a yellow-gray color scheme, some interface thing and a great person related ability?

I'm definitely hyped... :D

"Losing your Capital... would be a really bad idea, and I recommend against it."
This was the sneakiest of peeks.

Haraapa has a UI that provides culture... maybe a metal based thing... trying to found out more.
More clues, please?

I've updated the Garamantes map so it doesn't look like a cartoon anymore. Also did minor clean up regarding some mod compatibility as well as added an influence line for the unique cultural influence mod. At some point I do still want to go back and overhaul the Garamantes, but in the meantime, at least know I haven't forgotten some of my older civs.

More clues, please?

Hmm, there's only so many ways to not show something before giving it away :p I'll see about doing some more screenshots later.

That's a beautiful map!
:goodjob:

I've updated the Garamantes map so it doesn't look like a cartoon anymore. Also did minor clean up regarding some mod compatibility as well as added an influence line for the unique cultural influence mod. At some point I do still want to go back and overhaul the Garamantes, but in the meantime, at least know I haven't forgotten some of my older civs.

Hmm, there's only so many ways to not show something before giving it away :p I'll see about doing some more screenshots later.

Cool but every time I want to load them the game crashes and there is nothing logged to the Lua.log file. I wonder if you have an error in the SQL or somewhere else?

EDIT: nvm its crashing regardless :(

Top Bottom