1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomatekh's New Civilizations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by Tomatekh, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

If it does end up being my mod, are you using the Steam or direct download? If Steam, could you check if it still crashes using the direct download. It's possible Steam corrupted the file. On my own end, it loads fine, but I'm building the mod directly so I can't really check for Steam error.

2. noncasus

noncasus Chieftain

hmm it WAS a steam workshop update; ill test with direct download.

3. noncasus

noncasus Chieftain

4. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

5. noncasus

noncasus Chieftain

hmmm it's possible. I did see the sql on both the civ and civ IV traits mod.

It's kinda late for me so I'll test tomorrow.

6. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Damn it. Everyone was telling me my civs no longer showed up in Civ IV Traits, so at the last minute I decided to throw in support in the update (without checking against the original mod). Anyway, oh great JFD, thanks for figuring it out. I'll update the mods shortly.

7. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Okay, it should be fixed. Let me know if the problem persists.

8. noncasus

noncasus Chieftain

Problem is gone! :D

Now all that's left is to fix the description where it does not show the icons for civ IV traits.

And the reason is... drum roll please...

you are missing the following (in this case for the Sioux):

Code:
    UPDATE Leaders 
    SET Description = (CASE WHEN EXISTS(SELECT Type FROM Policies WHERE Type = 'POLICY_PHILOSOPHICAL_X' )
    	THEN 'Sitting Bull[ICON_FOOD][ICON_HAPPINESS_1]'
    	ELSE 'TXT_KEY_SIOUX_SITTING_BULL_MOD_DESC' END) 
    WHERE Type = 'LEADER_SIOUX_SITTING_BULL_MOD';

Yes, yes, I know that Civ IV traits has a compatibility file included but it's not updating the database. As a matter of fact I don't understand how he is accessing data >_> (he's not selecting/updating based on fields) but yours is clear as day.

9. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

It's not missing, per se. All my previous civs had support built into the Civ IV Traits mod itself (including that information). Since the patch, I believe, the leader text hasn't been updating (which is probably only a load order issue). However, I believe the fake policies that Civ IV Traits uses are still being applied to the civs. The Timurids and Garamantes have the extra code because I just recently updated them and decided to specifically include back up code to circumvent the load order issue. None of my other civs have the extra code because I haven't updated them recently.

10. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Thanks to some last minute help by the incomparable Sukritact, Caral's release has been pushed up to TODAY (instead of the usual indeterminate future)!

So, without further ado,
    Tomatekh & Sukritact & Leugi present:
    The Caral-Supe Civilization

Civfanatics Link
    Steam Workshop Link

~~~

The Norte Chico culture, more formally referred to as the Caral-Supe Civilization, was a pre-Columbian culture that developed on the north-central coast of what is today Peru. It has been established as the oldest known civilization in the Americas, flourishing between 3200-1800 BC, and one of the six sites where civilization independently originated in the ancient world. Norte Chico potentially represents a unique reliance on maritime food sources in absence of a staple cereal; however, current studies also stress the role of agriculture in supporting industry and augmenting diet.

Leader: Qhapaq

UA: Maritime Foundation: Inland Cities receiving a domestic Trade Route from a Coastal City also receive the base yields of all improved Sea Resources worked by that City. Building a Plantation provides a Production boost in all Coastal Cities.

UU: Fisher: Replaces Worker and Work Boat. Can improve both land and sea tiles (does not consume). Can embark immediately. +2 movement when embarked. Can build Fishing Boats prior to researching Sailing (still requires Sailing to trade these resources).

UB: Shicra Pyramid: Replaces Monument. +1 Production. Provides a Culture boost every time the City constructs a Building which has not yet been constructed by another Civilization.

~~~

Credits:
    - Leader scene by Leugi
    - UU, UB, and Leader icons by Sukritact
    - Incan Worker graphic by Hangman
    - Andean Cargo Ship by Chuggi & Hangman
    - DoM voiceover by Andrew Holt (Charlatan Alley)
    - War theme “Inca” taken from Medieval II: Total War, copyright 2006 SEGA, The Creative Assembly, Sumthing Else Music Works
    - Modular City Info Stack lua code by Sukritact
    - Leugi for civ design help and ideas
    - All code and art otherwise not listed created by Tomatekh

~~~

Spoiler :

~~~

And again, a big thanks to Sukritact and Leugi. Without them the mod wouldn't exist!

11. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

YAY! It LIVES!

12. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

Absolutely stunning :)

13. SuperWaffle247

SuperWaffle247 Secretary General

The Worker replacement is, simply, inspired.

14. dilophosaur

dilophosaur Prince

Nice thingy! thanks.

15. BttLsht

BttLsht King

It was worth the wait! they look very good.

16. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

With Caral finally released, I guess I should also announce my next civ...

Well, first, Caral took a while to come out. Part of the reason is that near the end I decided to make Caral and Harappa part of a larger project:

Which should be enough to figure out my next civ (ignoring how distorted the YnAEMP large map is), but I'll also post the civ icon:

Now, Harappa is still coming. As I said before most of the work for the mods are done and what is primarily holding back release is the unit graphic.

So, if anyone is able and willing to help out with unit graphics, let me know. There are two projects that I need help with. One requires only cutting a piece of an existing Civ V model and attaching it to the back of another Civ V model. The second, requires giving an existing Civ V model a different unit's animations.

17. Alganon

Alganon Warlord

Hmmm Manchuria ?

18. Urdnot_Scott

Urdnot_Scott Sultan

Is this big project something to do with 'evolving' civs. I notice that map only has the cradles of civilisation populated, which seems odd on its own. Unless you're designing something similar-ish to Rhyes and Fall with dynamic civ generation. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my behalf.

That new civ, is it the Xia? I also can't help but notice what I can only assume are the Olmecs over in Mesoamerica. Interesting...

19. TheLohoped

TheLohoped Known today as TLPD-AVW

This is obviosly one of the super old proto-chinese cultures. The question - which one?

20. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Great civ you got there, TSL!
    Hopefully TSL gave it TSL support...