Tomatekh's New Civilizations

Hmm, I was suspecting the Aquifer, but if it is the feature then the yields should return to normal after it's removed (and you said they sometimes persisted) which means it might be a bigger issue.

The next time you play test, could you also try loading my Garamantes mod. They don't actually have to be a civ in the game, but just have the mod loaded alongside the rest. I seem to recall I might have fixed a similar problem for them (in which case, if its loaded, the fix should carry over).

Sure. Pleased to say that with v43 of The Garamantes active, Terrace Farms appear to be working properly and not affecting terrain yields.

Thank you for Caral!

Caral is really good! The wait was well worth it, they have just about everything I can figure that works well for them. Sadly I never got much mileage out of the Plantation aspect since I only ever had one resource, and couldn't find any tiles on the map I was on that would work with the Terrace Farm decision but I can only imagine if I did that those inland cities would be even more huge. Next time I ought to do better to stay ahead of the curve though in terms of tech, to get more out of the UB. Lots of little bonuses that add up nicely and you can get some crazy powerful cities if you put a lot of work in, which seems to be a theme with your civs! ^^

Caral is really good! The wait was well worth it, they have just about everything I can figure that works well for them. Sadly I never got much mileage out of the Plantation aspect since I only ever had one resource, and couldn't find any tiles on the map I was on that would work with the Terrace Farm decision but I can only imagine if I did that those inland cities would be even more huge. Next time I ought to do better to stay ahead of the curve though in terms of tech, to get more out of the UB. Lots of little bonuses that add up nicely and you can get some crazy powerful cities if you put a lot of work in, which seems to be a theme with your civs! ^^

I'm glad to hear you approve! Caral's design is certainly not as flashy as the Sioux or Champa, but I actually really like the design. I think all the individual abilities work well together and also work thematically with the history of the civilization. With a new release, balance may still be an issue, but that should get better as I get feedback.

Thank you for Caral!

Thanks! Glad to hear you're enjoying the mod.

I'm playing them now, and I have to say that I wish the Fisher was a standard unit for all civs. And with Cultural Diversity they start off with Pottery which a huge leg up.

Minor update to the Garamantes. It fixes a potential compatibility issue with Caral (after I do Caral's update). Also adds support for some more of the new maps added in YnAEMP v. 23.

Ooh Caral looks nice! I believe my Andes soundtrack mod should be compatible.

Thanks! Is there anything I need to do to add support? I could add it in the next update.

Caral! Weeeeeeeee! Amazing, ever since we started on that one I was expecting it out... I will be adding a link to Patria Grande, but as soon as I come back from my trip.

so... it supports the YNAEMP update?

Tomatekh, I think you're a last modder not to put a big map in your OP :p

Also, is Harappa coming next or Xia?

Just wanted to thank you for the Kieven Rus civilization, which really enlivened one of my dish-watery maps. Thanks again for all your work here!

Thanks! I'm really happy to hear that you're still enjoying the mod!

I'll always be grateful for you help you gave me with the earlier versions of both Kievan Rus' and the Timurids, and your Health & Plague mod is a staple in all my games.

If you've noticed some updates in the past few days, I've been working through my civs to update them for various mod support (YnAMEP v 23, ExCE, etc.). Largely, these have been the only changes, so I was going to post a collective patch note once I got through them all.

However, the Champa update (just posted) was somewhat more extensive, so I wanted to post the complete change list:

-Support for ExCE, Cultural Influence add. Cleaned up E&D, Civ IV Traits support.
-Significantly re-organized the lua code
-Added Leugi’s graphic fix for the Square Well (from a few pages/months back) which should help display issues for those not using DX9.

-Fixed a bug where sometimes you would still lose gold from cargo ships even if you had a trade route to Champa.

-Base amount of gold stolen during war decreased, but bonus from blockading a city increased
-Wells now give 1 GA point in friendly territory and 2 GA points if in neutral territory. (Foreign territory still gives 1 to Champa and 1 to the tile owner).

Reworked the civ's notifications especially for the Cham player (there were just too many before).

Cham players:
-The only side notification the Cham player now gets is the gold stolen when at war.
-Gold plundered from Cargo Ships and GA points from Wells now moved to an event message at the top of the screen.
-The Gold and GA tooltips now also display this info to reference at any time during your turn.

Facing Cham:
-For players facing Champa, the GA from wells notification moved to an event message.
-Gold lost from cargo ships still displayed as a side notification. I figured the ability to click and find the exact tile where it occurred was still useful info. However, this is the most frequent (and potentially annoying?) notification. If no one cares about knowing the exact tile, I'll move it to an event notification in the future.

As always, there's a direct download link to the previous version (18) at the bottom of the workshop description if you need it to continue a previous save. let me know if I accidentally broke anything with the update.

So if I download your civs manually rather than subscribing through Steam, do I have to redownload all your civs? Or did you only update a few of them?

So if I download your civs manually rather than subscribing through Steam, do I have to redownload all your civs? Or did you only update a few of them?

I'm still working through them so they're not all updated.

At the moment, except for Champa, I'd say there's no need to download the updates just yet as its mostly support for ExCE (which JFD hasn't released yet).

Once, I'm finished, I'll post in the thread that all my mods have been updated. I'd say just wait till then to upgrade, as you'd know to redownload them all instead of trying to figure out which specific civs have been upgraded.

(At the moment, it's only like Champa, Goths, Rus', Timurids, Garamantes, Hittites)

Your teaser for Harappa has me hoping you can release it soon, I really want to know what that UI does.

Top Bottom