Tomatekh's Sumer for VP

Always remember that Papa Nurgle loves you even if RNG makes him not appear.

Anyway, I will wait for the new VP version to start a Sumerian playthrough with these changes. Probably after I give new England a try, though.

Oh Nooooes. Thanks for reporting

I'm dealing with some bugs in the event system as well. Managed to track down 2 text errors too. Hang tight!

EDIT:Okay, hopefully that solves it. Fix is up

Last edited:
VP 2-17-3 marathon ('BALANCE_CORE_SCALING_XP'=0) + Sumer v14 + vpee

Ereshkigal - Goddess of the Underworld: +1:c5production:/:c5gold:. +1 :c5faith:Faith from Mines, 10 :c5production:Production in City when you kill a Unit, scaling with era

I'm playing Sumer in a fascinant marathon game. All is fine but the Ziggurat gains above goes crazy. Imo
I got 150 :c5production: per kill at indus era. Looked abusive

Vulture :
Does "Triumph at Uggiga" really needed? "First Emperor" and "Gu-Edin Tribute" are powerful enough and could be united in a single promo

Last edited:
Liking playing the Sumer. The teching does itself and it's fun, and there's tons of pop (...and huge happiness problems). There is some problems:

I pillaged a tile, and it said "Nibru : 15 Faith (10 x 1.5 epic scaler)". Nice, but the pantheon's called Nergal, not Nibru. EDIT - nevermind Nibru's a city name
Also I cannot get the pasture pantheon if there's no pasture. This is pretty early in the game - I have 3 sheep, 1 horse in city's 3 tile reach so I wanted to give it a try. They weren't improved resources because it's pretty early that this pantheon comes in, especially with how fast Sumer can tech.

Last edited:
If you build Oracle while Ziggurat is already in the city, you get to choose another random Ziggurat. I cannot see the first one in the city list, so I assume it got destroyed, only the new, second choice one exists now. If you get a bad choice of four for your capital, it's effectively a reroll.

Gugalanna being locked until you can get a pasture up isn’t really a huge problem, is it? Otherwise the AI would pick it even if they have no pasture resources.

Re: ereshkigal, this is what I feared would happen if people had the ability to pick things. Now I actually have to balance 16 ziggs against each other :undecide:.

I’ll swap the prod for gold in a new version

ereshkigal, this is what I feared would happen if people had the ability to pick things. Now I actually have to balance 16 ziggs against each other :undecide:.

It's not a prob if the 16 ziggs are not perfecly balanced. Ereshkigal and the scale effect is just very too much a lot.
Now, the entirely UB is probably a mistake since a human will always pick the best when AI will be pick ... randomly ? If so, make it randomly for everybody and less terrain dependant.
In one word, make it simple.

Now, the entirely UB is probably a mistake since a human will always pick the best when AI will be pick ... randomly ? If so, make it randomly for everybody and less terrain dependant.
You should start a poll. Hokath's the one who got me to change it; I don't think people getting to choose actually adds anything, but quite a few people have asked for the ability to choose ziggs.
Does "Triumph at Uggiga" really needed? "First Emperor" and "Gu-Edin Tribute" are powerful enough and could be united in a single promo
It's the only promotion of the 3 which is from the original mod. It's also a unique effect that no other unit in the game possesses, so I would prefer that it stays.

Gugalanna being locked until you can get a pasture up isn’t really a huge problem, is it? Otherwise the AI would pick it even if they have no pasture resources.

Re: ereshkigal, this is what I feared would happen if people had the ability to pick things. Now I actually have to balance 16 ziggs against each other :undecide:.

I’ll swap the prod for gold in a new version

Can't Gulag Anna work like the mountain belief, except it'd check for sheep/cow/cattle/horse instead of mountains? That'd be the best. Otherwise, in cities with many pastures I will have to delay building the Ziggies before I get one pasture up, and non-horse pastures are rarely the priority otherwise, luxuries are (except God of Open Sky).

Resources are not treated the same as Features, so the short answer is no. For a more complete answer, I will have to get back home to see if there's an event filter for nearby resources. Even if there is, I'm pretty sure it's not possible to have an event filtered by 1 of any 4 resources; I don't think OR statements are possible in the event code.

Mostly likely, I would either have to remove the tile requirement entirely or just dont rush ziggs if you can't get a pasture up fast enough. The time it takes to build a pasture is less than most city's take to build a ziggurat anyways, unless you're using your :c5production: on settle to rush it.

Concerning the bonus choice, could you just implement a turn 1 event that lets the player decide wether they want full control or the balanced randomness?

No, but if you prefer the complete randomness you can simply download older versions

The AI does not pick randomly from the options. It has flavours like all the other options in the game.

Update incoming.

Nerfed Ereshkigal and Dumuzid. Text fixes for the ziggurat strategy section

Update posted:
VP 03-17 compatibility[/QUOTE

I get an intermittent error with Sumer, usually (but not only) when Israel Mod is active: when I get the option to add a policy, it keeps staying on: I can click until all the policies in all the policy trees are incorporated and the machine <still> won't end the turn. Has anyone else seen this?

Both Israel and Sumer use dummy policies in their UAs. Does this only occur when you load a saved game?

Both Israel and Sumer use dummy policies in their UAs. Does this only occur when you load a saved game?

No, it occurs the first time I'm asked to pick a policy...it's a gamebreaker so I can't explore it further. I might try playing David and seeing if the presence of Sumer reproduces the issue.

FollowUp:
These are true statements that apply only when both the Israel mod and the Sumer mod are active:

1. If I am Sumer, I enter an endless policy-upgrade loop as soon as I pick the first one
2. If I am David, game behaves normally
3. I have the sense that Vox components 7a and/or 7b are not uniformly compatible with all the Vox-approved civs in the Civ showcase, meaning that some civs will not function unless 7a-b are active, and some will mis-behave <if> 7a-b are active, in spite of statements to the contrary in the inidividual writeups.

I use the latest downloads of all mods.

Last edited:
Top Bottom