1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Too hard to generate culture for culture victory post patch

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by baldfalk, Jul 30, 2011.

1. baldfalk

baldfalk Warlord

So, I lied.

edit: my gold is 13337 rofl

2. Strategist83

Strategist83 King

Output is <500... Gravity cat is not amused. What do your citizens do all day, beat rocks together?

3. spfun

spfun King

Its turn 293 normally the game is over by any other victory condition. I Agree with the thread title.

4. baldfalk

baldfalk Warlord

Eh, the game should have been over already; I was just trying to see how many GA improvements I could stack to 'sploit the new Freedom tree. (which is seriously the most hilarious thing to happen to the game ever)

Another city had 4 manufactories and a ridiculous production output.

5. Aspon

Aspon Warlord

this means nothing without context how many citys did you build? how many social policys etc. just won culture vict as montz so is doable.

6. Pim

Pim Stadtholder

I agree. I just won a king cultural victory(one city challange) in turn 466(I needed to tell ;-)). No other civ won the game by then, which was a bit surprising, but a win after turn 450 is way to uncertain, allthough i must say i didnt make a perfect playthrough.

7. baldfalk

baldfalk Warlord

I'm not saying it's not harder to win a culture victory compared to pre-patch (It obviously is). I think the thread title is a little misleading - "Freedom tree is now ridiculous" would probably have put people in a better mindset as to what I was attempting to do with the thread.

Victories overall (not just culture, although domination remains a crapshoot depending on what the AI decides to screw up, as usual) feel slower, in no small part thanks to the RA nerf. I don't really think culture fell that much further behind the rest relatively, although it definitely did slide a little.

8. SkepticalSinner

SkepticalSinner Chieftain

What level/speed are you on? Without that it's interesting, but inconclusive.