Too many AIs!

JoJoScot

Chieftain
Been playing Civ 6 on the Switch for a few weeks now, and kinda frustrated that you can’t seem to reduce the number of AI nations in relation to map size, like you can on the PC version. If I’m wrong, please tell me how to do it!

I hate having nations surround my capital before I even have the chance to get my next settler out and about. I’ve always enjoyed the exploration and expansion element of the game, but so far really missing that on the Switch.

Well you can control how many AI player you put on the map by setting up the game. It's with ZL or ZR or L or R, if I remember correctly.

Well you can control how many AI player you put on the map by setting up the game. It's with ZL or ZR or L or R, if I remember correctly.
Thanks. I’ve looked at that before but it only seems to allow you to choose which nations you wish to compete against or keep them random, but no way to reduce or increase the number of AI opponents.
There’s a fancy “+” next to the nation question marks, but it doesn’t appear to be operational. And I think the button with the “x” is to remove a nation you’ve picked for a selected AI slot and revert it to random.

Thanks. I’ve looked at that before but it only seems to allow you to choose which nations you wish to compete against or keep them random, but no way to reduce or increase the number of AI opponents.
There’s a fancy “+” next to the nation question marks, but it doesn’t appear to be operational. And I think the button with the “x” is to remove a nation you’ve picked for a selected AI slot and revert it to random.

I just verifier and yes you can take off AI players. You just select which slot you want to take off by scrolling with ZL and ZR and then choosing the 3rd, 4th (and so on because 2 players is a minimum) and in the civilization selection screen, there is an icon to remove the player if so desired.

I just verifier and yes you can take off AI players. You just select which slot you want to take off by scrolling with ZL and ZR and then choosing the 3rd, 4th (and so on because 2 players is a minimum) and in the civilization selection screen, there is an icon to remove the player if so desired.

Thanks, I’ll give that a go once I get back on. :)

Top Bottom