Too many "positive" agendas

Regardless the AI shouldn't give you a pop-up screen where they throw a tantrum about it.
What need do you have for wonder when you can look upon the works of the Middle Kingdom? :mischief:

What need do you have for wonder when you can look upon the works of the Middle Kingdom? :mischief:
What is weirder is that Qin Shi Huang dosen't even say that in his voiced line. In fact he says opposite- how you LACK magnificent wounders compared to him.

Would make more sense if you snapped up one that they were in the process of constructing. Regardless the AI shouldn't give you a pop-up screen where they throw a tantrum about it.

Absolutely. This is a game, games are meant to be enjoyable and be played to win, and diplomacy in Civ 6 is perhaps the game's weakest point anyway. So why is it that you construct a World Wonder or enter a Golden Age complete with fanfare and animations everything stops while you're told that you suck?

Yea, and nobody considers Seoneok's agenda a good one.

The problem with negative agendas is that they reward you for not playing the game. Is anyone going to be like "I'm not going to build wonders, so Qin will be happy?"

No, but him not being happy should be a strong negative (IMO, agenda consequences are far too weak - frankly, negative agendas should have hard consequences like no friendships, etc., reduced trade yield, etc., reduced tourism, whatever). because a good 4x game is about tradeoffs.

It's like "I may need to resort to other means to have my demands met". Yeah right, sunshine.

The best and most meaningful diplomacy so far in this franchise is still the one from SMAC. The leader agenda matrix in each game, especially in the vanilla version, truly made diplomacy a core game mechanic. The reason why it worked is because it used other game systems to create the matrix, transparently. Every leader could find either valid reasons to cooperate or valid reasons to declare war. It was on the player to navigate the treacheous diplomatic landacape.

One of the many things this game did right. Along with the almost everything else. It`s desperately screaming out for a remaster. One can dream

One of the many things this game did right. Along with the almost everything else. It`s desperately screaming out for a remaster. One can dream
If I'm not mistaken, it's in copyright limbo. :(

The AI only makes demands after a denunciation. As I have said before, denunciation ought always to be a preparation for a DoW (but often is not).

Oh. So it does. OK, so would it be possible to mod it so that the less-than-officially-friendly are able to make demands, make the demands more extravagant, and make refusal of THAT demand lead to denunciation?

I completely agree that a denunciation should not be something you can expect to be able to wait out. It should mean a high likelihood of imminent war.

Or maybe a denunciation should be followed by a demand after which, if the demand is not met, war results. (Did this not happen in Civ 2?). It's dumb that AI civs denounce the player when they are much weaker; it's like painting a big target over themselves. Yay! I can declare formal war on you now!

Demanding you declare war on a civilization from previous games was a tough demand because not only would you get into a war, you would also get more negative modifiers against you whether you accepted or refused the demand.

If you accept, the civilization you declare war on will get strong negative modifiers, other civilizations will get negative modifiers for starting a war. The civilization that made the demand will get positive modifiers, but not equal to all the negatives you get. If you refused, you get negative modifiers with the civilization making the demand, no positive ones from anyone.

Top Bottom