Too much Happy do to religion...

emblemfire

Chieftain
I just won my first game with the celts on prince (yes i know its low, but for a new game a went down a bit). I got a space win with 9 cities. I only conquered Ethiopia who built two cities...( his ability really sucks...) It was a large map. But here's the thing...

I won with 119 Happy! 119!!!!!!

All my cities were huge and i didn't even build all the normal happy buildings... (Colosseums...) in all my cities...

So wow... this game is way out of wack...

On the bright side it was really fun!!! But with that kinda happy, i think i might have a really easy time on a high level. Did you guys who played a higher level have an easy time? How much happy did you win with?

I played on Prince and it was a smaller map, but I was constantly happy and unhappy... never felt like it was out of balance. But P of the Maya was something like.. 118 happy when it showed the happiness poll. Not sure how he did that.

On the bright side it was really fun!!! But with that kinda happy, i think i might have a really easy time on a high level. Did you guys who played a higher level have an easy time? How much happy did you win with?

Emperor. Still struggling with happiness.

I guess I need to build more shrines and use more of the good ole annex/courthouse/avoid growth.

Oh, and more defensive buildings. Took Honor...

Hmm... I guess I picked to many happiness boosters with my Atheism... Every city that had it was one happy. I had pagoda's... and my temples gave 2 happy as well. + the Celts get plus three happy for the UB... and I took the right side of honor...

I guess that did it... but I still don't see how it got as high as it did...

Your post title "Beyond Broken ..." clearly implies that there is something irredeemably wrong with the game.

Put it on the shelf, move on. Worthless and unplayable, your title indicates.

Your post then indicates that there might be a problem with happiness, especially on lower difficulties.

Hmmm, maybe a different title without the heavily-loaded word "broken" might have been more appropriate?

I got 215 faith and it isn't spawning a great prophet how do i spawn it three other unknown nations spawned religions already but it says i still only a minimum of 200 faith

Your post title "Beyond Broken ..." clearly implies that there is something irredeemably wrong with the game.

Put it on the shelf, move on. Worthless and unplayable, your title indicates.

Your post then indicates that there might be a problem with happiness, especially on lower difficulties.

Hmmm, maybe a different title without the heavily-loaded word "broken" might have been more appropriate?

Your right, if I could change the title to "Too much Happy do to religion" I would... It just seems like to me the check on expansion is gone... thus making infinite city spread a viable option... which is broken.

Edit: Changed the title, advanced options... lol...

How were you doing on the culture front btw?

I can't see it being any good, settling so many cities like that...

hhmm, yeah, there seems to have been an issue there. The shrine/temple/etc happiness bonuses should be following the new rule for local happiness (if it's a building related happiness, it's local).

That would resolve the problem.

a small note though:

very low diff settings allow for major breakage when stacking multiple versions of the same type of bonuses due to being able to get them before the AIs.

On higher diff. levels, the AIs tend to take a lot of them, spreading them out more.

First game with the Celts. Floored everyone in cities and happiness to insane levels.

Money coming in, total domination. This was the best I've done in Civ 5 by a factor of 10 at least.. I've never done remotely this well.

Celts + Religion + Happiness = Over powered.

How were you doing on the culture front btw?

I can't see it being any good, settling so many cities like that...

Culture wasn't bad, although i certainly wasn't even close to culture victory i still got full liberty, rationalism,and the right side of honor, almost all of freedom, two policies in tradition and opened commerce. But you don't need much culture to do well in this game, so it's never really my worry.

And yeah the Celts make getting a ton of happiness even easier, i'll see how i do with another civ, on king.

I had the same issue in my first game. I played Austria on King, and I was eating City States like nobodies business, yet I still managed to end the game (a diplomatic victory, which I won with 4 votes :lol:) with over 70:c5happy:.

My second game looks to be going the same way. I'm playing Attila, and steamrolled 4-city Persia before turn 50 (Wow Battering Rams are awesome, amirite?) without dropping below -1 Unhappiness.

~R~

Ethiopia's ability I like. You just need to have Oligarchy and Goddess of Protecion to make it REALLY worth while. But seriously, is it me, or are the difficulties easier now, because King now seems as easy as Prince (and not because I am good at the game, because I am not).

Turn 650 and look how the AI has barely conquered one another on the minimap. They actually play diversely now instead of all trying to gobble up the other nations with military.

They still do, but it takes a while for them to really roll.

Germany, Songhai, Carthage and Egypt on the same landmass. By 1500 AD, Germany still hasn't been able to conquer Songhai, and Egypt had a on-off hostility with him.

Then only in the 19th Century did Germans start making headway against the Songhai (took two cities), but then they didn't even take their capital. Then in the late 19th Century and early 20th Century, Atomic Egyptians simply steamrolled the Industrial Germans. They still haven't taken Berlin.

Wow! And i thought that i had it too easy... TooManyHorses that is insane... I hope the first patch does something to fix this...

Top Bottom