Top 5 Cities Screen of the real world

Taking the liberty of answering for the other two... No I am not Muslem as such, although I also listed Mecca and so did the OP on page 1. It would be nice if the number of visitors to a place were a good indication of its influence. To a certain extent this may be true, but also muslems who do not go there, at least turn their face towards Mecca five times per day. And just like (old) Chistian churches are built to face Jerusalem, mosques are built to face Mecca. The Kaaba, the cube inside the Great Mosque of Mecca, is said to have been built by Abraham, the patriarch of the three monotheistic religions. What is certain is that Diodorus Siculus, a Greek historian in the 1st century BC (!), refers to Mecca as the holiest place for Arabians, see
www.submission.org/hajj/kaaba.html. Its cultural influence/imporatnce is grossly undervalued by us Westeners and it certainly deserves more attention, that is why I included it and I am flattered to have seen it pay off in the next two posts.:goodjob:

In Civ-terms, not counting the loss of culture when something's captured, I'd guess:
1. Rome
2. Athens
3. Jerusalem
4. Paris
5. Moskow

Perhaps Beijing somewhere in-between, but I don't know **** about that city.

Top Bottom