1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Top 5 WORST Leaders ever

Discussion in 'World History' started by carmen510, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Yui108

Yui108 Deity

1. Pol Pot(sent thailand back to dark ages)
    2. Carlos I ( him & regency )
    3. Caligula (duh?)
    4. Nicholas II ( the bad one, the final act of non communist russia)
    5. President Jackson (corruption,ignoring the supreme court and further Native American extermination )

Honorable Mentions: Taft(nearly ended America's hopes of achieving economic supremacy),Buchanan(indecision),Tiberius,

2. Yui108

Yui108 Deity

Dubya is probably in the lower middle tier,with dad a little higher. Some of the presidents that took up the mantle of the Founding Fathers during the earl to mid nineteenth century were pathetic.
    Rome almost automatically got some bad ones because of their longevity. And their are undoubtedly a few terribly Chinese Emperors I know nothing about.

3. GuitarHero

GuitarHero Caligula II

1.Dingane (ruined Shaka's Empire)
    2.Richard Nixon (corruption,'Nam)
    3.Montezuma II (ignored chance to save the Aztecs)
    4.John Adams (corruption,Alien/Sedition acts)
    5.Neville Chamberlain (friggin' wimp,gave control of Britain over to the Freemasons)

4. aronnax

aronnax Let your spirit be free

My worst leaders evar....of England/Britian

1. Charles I - Idiot "dictator" who basically threw England to a Civil War and ruined the nation.

2. Mary I - Having wonderfully became as fanatical as her grandmother-in-law. Turned England to a Spanish outpost, deeply unpopular and kept dragging England to useless wars with Spain. Left England poor, stupedfied and happy she was dead.

3. Matilda I - Failed to sercure her right to the English throne resulting in another bloody Civil War in England and Anarchy in the country

4. Stephen I - For having failed to keep order in England and threw his country into a civil war and Anarchy

5. Richard Cromwell - Having successfully lost power and popularity so fast was given the name tumbledown Dick

What with the "I".....

5. LightSpectra

LightSpectra me autem minui

Psst, don't forget Edward VI ;)

6. mythmonster2

mythmonster2 BEC NOIR! RUN!

Well, if what I learned in school is right, he was against war with France, which would have probably hurt us, but I'm not sure, and the Alien and Sedition Acts were passed by the Federalists in Congress, I'm not sure if Adams had much to do with them.

7. sydhe

sydhe King of Kongs

My worst English monarchs
    1) Ethelred the Unready, for reasons I already said
    2) Stephen, for the reasons arronnax said.
    3) Edward II, who put his favorites into power which forced action to get them out of power, lost a battle to the Scots out of sheer incompetence, and managed to get himself overthrown by his wife and her lover (by then Englamd was on the side of the lovers).
    4) Richard II, another would-be absolute monarch
    *) Henry VI, who gets a special dispensation for reasons of insanity, but wasn't any good when he was sane.
    5) Charles I. I wasn't actually going to count him, but when you realize he needlessly provoked a Scottish revolt out of pure arrogance, then an English civil war on top of that
    *) Richard Cromwell, who at least realized that he was incompetent and quit. Given an asterisk since he was only around for a few months. Made a return to the Stuart monarchy look like a good deal.
    *) Edward VIII, Not exactly the monarch you want when the Nazis are building up their army. It takes talent for an English monarch to be forced to abdicate in the 20th century. Given an asterisk because he got out before he could do too much damage.

8. carmen510

carmen510 Deity

2. So you supported the Vietnam War? Nixon wasn't as bad a president as people make him out to be. He did restore relations with China and managed to withdraw from Vietnam.

4. I haven't seen corruption anywhere, may you direct me to a source? Also, he did negotiate neutrality with France.

9. GuitarHero

GuitarHero Caligula II

He lost the war.

Freemason. 'Nuff said.

10. mythmonster2

mythmonster2 BEC NOIR! RUN!

And being a Freemason automatically makes you a terrible leader? I'm pretty sure FDR was a Freemason, or was that Teddy Roosevelt? And also, Vietnam was a lost cause, most of the American people hated the war, and that was one of the main reasons we pulled out, I think.

11. GuitarHero

GuitarHero Caligula II

FDR was the Freemason.

Freemasons are a corrupt cult bound on world domination. Freemason=corrupt.

12. carmen510

carmen510 Deity

It says that Freemasons trace origins back to medieval stonemason's guilds. Also, even government investigations failed to find evidence of anything more than a philanthropic fraternal society.

It also says that 'conspirators claim that the Freemasons is a secret society bent on world domination'.

So GuitarHero is a conspirator.

I have found the truth! :p

13. Yui108

Yui108 Deity

I can assure you there is no Freemason conspiracy theory, coming from a generations long family tradition.

14. Traitorfish

Traitorfish The Tighnahulish Kid

Godwin or not, I feel obliged to say "Hitler said something rather similar".

15. Cato the Elder

Cato the Elder King

Brezhnev deserves a spot up there. For both evilness and come to think of it, also incompetence, especially near the end of his reign.

16. Traitorfish

Traitorfish The Tighnahulish Kid

That, and for declaring giving himself the award "Hero of the Soviet Union" four times in a row. Tosser. :p

17. ParkCungHee

ParkCungHee Deity

HEY! Hoover was a good president! :(

18. obliterate

obliterate Warrior Monk

I can't stop myself. I just have to say it. Cambodia.:p

19. Canabrava

Canabrava Prince

Paraguay's war killed 75% population of paraguay and 99% male population above 20 years old.

Just didn't fight children and very old men.

20. Brighteye

Brighteye intuitively Bayesian

William I of England, who scrapped a decent, just sytem of government for bondage to a load of arrogant Frogs.
    Yeah! That's how to make a country prosper!

But that's just me being subjective. Mugabe deserves to be up there, and perhaps General Maginot, if he really counts as a leader.
    It seems as though Cambodia, Paraguay and Rome are competing for the other 3 spots.