Top 50 Conservative Rock Songs

YNCS

Ex-bubblehead
The National Review, an American conservative magazine, has declared the "top 50 conservative rock songs." When I saw this list, my initial thought was "folks, you don't have a clue!" The Beatles' "Revolution" is conservative? Not in this universe. "Rock the Casbah"? Are you kidding?

And why do they mix music and politics?

I mean, I like a song or not regardless of their political content.

I always thought it was stupid to say "I don't like this song because is conservative or because is liberal"

9. “Don’t Tread on Me,” by Metallica. buy CD on Amazon.com
A head-banging tribute to the doctrine of peace through strength, written in response to the first Gulf War: “So be it / Threaten no more / To secure peace is to prepare for war.”

This is such a god damned lie.

This writeer is delusionsl, and obviously misinterpereting lyrics. The BeeGees were pro abstinance and pro marriage... :lol:

YNCS said:
The National Review, an American conservative magazine, has declared the "top 50 conservative rock songs." When I saw this list, my initial thought was "folks, you don't have a clue!" The Beatles' "Revolution" is conservative? Not in this universe. "Rock the Casbah"? Are you kidding?

Someone actually thought people listened to the words of a song rather than the music? :lol:

I would like to thank the writer of that piece for somehow lumping in a bunch of anti-establishment, drug addicted, booze swilling, groupy molesting, icons in with people like Rove, Bush, Farwell and Coulter.

WTF !?!
Thats the biggest pile of dung I've read in some time.

skadistic said:
I would like to thank the writer of that piece for somehow lumping in a bunch of anti-establishment, drug addicted, booze swilling, groupy molesting, icons in with people like Rove, Bush, Farwell and Coulter.
Just to be clear, who exactly should feel insulted the most here? :hmm:
I say the rock stars.

The Sex Pistols is conservative?

Why can't we just listen to music that sounds good, and not make a political issue out of every single thing? For crying out loud....

De Lorimier said:
Just to be clear, who exactly should feel insulted the most here? :hmm:
I say the rock stars.

Most definatly the rockers.

YNCS said:
The Beatles' "Revolution" is conservative? Not in this universe.

Actually I could see it as being conservative! Primarily with this lyric;

The Beatles' said:
But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao
You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow

That lyric seems particularly conservative. The other lyrics? Meh I can see it going both ways.

Elrohir said:

Why can't we just listen to music that sounds good, and not make a political issue out of every single thing? For crying out loud....

:goodjob:
In fact, why make a political issue out of even a single thing...

Heh. I remember seeing this list a couple weeks ago.

While some of the songs on the list can probably be labelled as supporting "conservative values", I got the impression that many or most made the list based on a superficial reading of the lyrics (note that the list is about songs, not the songwriters)... probably because someone liked the song and wanted to see it make the list. :)

Elrohir said:

I salute you.

Top Bottom