Top 50 Conservative Rock Songs

Who'll Stop the Rain is a Conservative song?
Dude, I don't care if Creedence is from the deep south, you're crazy.

LLXerxes said:
Who'll Stop the Rain is a Conservative song?
Dude, I don't care if Creedence is from the deep south, you're crazy.

They're not from the "deep south". They're from Northern California.

"Fortunate Son" would be good for the liberal list.

There are a couple of fair numbers there, but it is a most subjective list; rock and roll is a genre that lends itself more to excess that conservative values, but anything can be read as anything, using the postmodern compass.

.Shane. said:
At least mine were clever, topical, and reflect a knowledge of the subject matter. To say "loser"... that's just cheap.
Eh... no more cheap than some of the songs mentioned as being "conservative".

Materialism is more the domain of the wealthy, really. So, that would be a good one for the conservative list, actually.
Like Kerry, the Kennedys, etc.? :D

Good thing you didn't quote the rest of .Shane.'s post, because you got OWNED! :lol:

De Lorimier said:
Good thing you didn't quote the rest of .Shane.'s post, because you got OWNED! :lol:
Rest of the post wasn't really relevant to my point.

People had made posts, joking or not, using song titles to insult conservatives with superficial and incorrect observations. I made a post using song titles to insult liberals with superficial and incorrect observations. He may decide to classify his post as "clever, topical, and reflect a knowledge of the subject matter", but that doesn't necessarily make it true.

- "Clever" is subject to interpretation
- "Topical" is correct, if you accept the topic shift of "insult conservatives"
- "Knowledge of subject matter" is highly questionable, as he correlates "wealthy" people to conservatives... and even more questionable the unsupported assertion that "materialism is more the domain of the wealthy".

Top Bottom