TopHatPaladin's Civilizations

Thanks for releasing these civs, I like how different they are and appeal to different play styles and terrain/culture group.

Was playing with The Aleut and wanted to ask/mention below:
UA: Not fully clear how 'embarked units yield food..' works. Does this go to the nearest city? Didn't see a notification pop-up or otherwise reference.
UB Barabara:
- Believe lake tiles count as sea and are taking into account for the production bonus. Not sure this is intended?
- The food bonus seems based on the total number of camps around a city, not just the 'worked' ones. See attached screenshot (+5 bonus when 5 camps around city but only 4 worked)
- In cities other than the capital: there seems to be a double-count whereby the capital bonus gets added to the bonus of the other city (see screenshot where 2nd city got +7: +2 from city itself and assume +5 from the capital?)
Would be nice to have the decisions in the more polished JFDLC format
There's no description for the civ in the civpedia

Was using JFDLC v55 (public version)

thanks!

upload_2019-1-26_9-55-35.png

upload_2019-1-26_9-55-41.png

Attachments

• Aleut.zip
    468 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Also some comments on The Anangu:
UA:
- Description of the dreaming bonuses were not showing in the pop-up screen, just the buttons with various options. See in Steam screenshot there is supposed to be a description at bottom of pop-up screen, but wasn't the case in my game.
- The Ngintaka bonus did not work (+1 food adjacent tiles of NW) - attached logs
UU Warmala:
- With JFDLC not immediately available but only at trapping (like regular scout). Should it be moved from Trapping to Agriculture so available from start?
- No animation when attacking or defending
- Did not get double movement on Flood Plains or Oasis, just plain Desert tiles. If possible, would suggest to have it work for these 2 types too.
UB Nyintiringkupai:
- Purchased slave units do not get the Survivalism 1 bonus.
Culture is set as Aboriginal but the Ideals are showing of Oceanic (could also be due to (my version) of CulDiv since I've seen more of these kinds of discrepancies)

Was using JFDLC v55 (public version) and Steam version of Anangu (v1)

Attachments

• Anangu - Ngintaka.zip
    243 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
I've updated the Aleut now! See the spoiler for specific details:

Spoiler Aleut v6 Changelog :
* Added a popup notification to show when embarked units generate food for the nearest city
* Corrected the camp count to only include worked camps
* Fixed a bug where number of camps was not reset when checking a new city
* Fixed text error causing the civilopedia entries for the Aleut and Agugux not to load
* Updated Decision formatting

I decided to continue allowing lake tiles to count toward the Barabara's production bonus, so that part will continue to function as before.

The Anangu fixes look like they're going to be a bit more complicated to resolve, but I'll post an update when I get everything wrangled.

(Also, since you mention the Steam version, I should add: I only have sporadic access to the Steam Workshop, so for now, this update is only live here on CFC. Steam will have the updated version eventually, but for convenience I'd suggest downloading the CFC version.)

Wow, thanks for having looked at this so quickly! Appreciate it!

In the meantime I was already trying out The Wampanoag, also here a few comments:

UA:
- Settlers and workers do not get the faster embark/disembark bonus
- Great Writers do not spawn. Believe a fishing boat gives 3 GWP each and at same point I noticed my capital having 303/100 with no Great Writer spawned yet. Attached log of latest save.
UB Wetu:
- It doesn't give any food or production bonus to tiles or fish (like Lighthouse does)
Would be nice to have the decisions in the more polished JFDLC format

Attachments

• Wampanoag - Wetu.zip
    495.9 KB · Views: 99
  • Wampanoag.zip
    129.4 KB · Views: 165
  • Wampanoag - Wetu.zip
    495.9 KB · Views: 154
Also some feedback on the Rashtrakuta:

UA:
- Similar to The Wampanoag, cultural Great Persons do not spawn when due to the bonus each turn the threshold gets exceeded (log attached).
- Rock-Cut Gallery doubles the development and disease bonus from the initial building (see screenshot below). If possible might be better to deactivate

UI Basadi:
- Basadi gives Golden Age Points even when not being worked. Was just wondering if design-wise it would make more sense to only give yield when tile is actually being worked..
- Slave Labourers cannot build a Basadi (icon doesn't show as an option)
- For normal workers, they do not use build charges (like for other improvements in JFDLC), but instead a number of turns
- No description of Basadi when hovering over icon at civ selection screen. No description of it's effect in Civpedia.

Decisions:
- Also here the JFDLC format
- Begin Commerce with the Mappila does not do anything when enacting, i.e. not providing any new horses in coastal cities or any gold on existing horses

upload_2019-1-29_23-26-41.png

Attachments

• Rashtrakuta - Mappila.zip
    186.8 KB · Views: 166
  • Rashtrakuta.zip
    168.6 KB · Views: 162
Difficulty DL the civs.
I've subscribed to all your civs, but some of them seem to have stalled during DL and do not appear in the MOD folder (nor in any folder I can locate on the computer.
I've only one experienced this with a few (not all: Anangu and two more) of yours. Is it a bug or my own wacky connection? If the latter, is there a way to DL the civs and insert them in the folder manually?

Newbie is a newbie: found your Anangu DL, currently playing. Thank you for the MODs!

Last edited:
Wampanoag and Rashtrakuta updates are now live! The Wampanoag update also revamps all of the art in that mod.

With v25 of YnAEMP recently released, I've added support for it to the new Wampanoag build, and I'll be incorporating v25 support into the rest of my mods in the near future.

Not at the moment. The project I'm currently working on most actively is a Holy Roman Empire civ under Otto I; I've also got a couple of ideas currently on the back burner, including a potential expansion into the South American continent.

After reachering Gunpower, I could buy Chongzu via faith when I played as North Yuan

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    218.4 KB · Views: 243
The relevant section of my code just copies from the vanilla Lancer, so that's probably caused by Northern Yuan's interaction with another mod you have active. Do you have any active mods that might enable faith purchases in different situations?

Top Bottom