1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Topkapi Palace, Tower of London, and Houses of Parliament - all needing work

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by el_hidalgo, Apr 20, 2009.

1. el_hidalgo

el_hidalgo Prince

The coloration is off and they are too sprawling, especially Topkapi. I post them here in case anyone is interested either in finishing them or using them as is. I'm not posting them to the database since they still need work. Here is the XML as seen in the screen shots:

Topkapi:
    <LSystem>LSYSTEM_4x4</LSystem>
    <fScale>.9</fScale>

Tower of London:
    <LSystem>LSYSTEM_2x3</LSystem>
    <fScale>0.6</fScale>

Houses of Parliament:
    <LSystem>LSYSTEM_2x2</LSystem>
    <fScale>1.5</fScale>

RAR of the buildings: http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=211514&d=1240252666

Attached Files:

2. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

You're right, but although nice work :).

3. Flintlock1415

Flintlock1415 Emperor

I'll bet there is a shader on these that is causing a dark coloration. Also I bet if you scaled these down they would be perfect size, although I'd say that a lot of detail would be lost since the detail is all poorly scaled. (e.g. the walls on the 2nd and 3rd ones are waaay to big around.)

4. SIMPA

SIMPA Prince

I like it :)

5. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

They're ALL so big models that they need to be in the 4x4 leafnode. And I think even then 2 of the models will be clipping other buildings. :(

6. cool3a2

cool3a2 Deity

It should be possible to fix the colour with Sceneviewer. There, select the mesh and view its properties. Check the material properties. Play around with the colours there, try to set them to white except of the last one. Haven't tried that with your models, but had the same issue with my MTA. For me, that solved the problem.

I think you are right, unfortunately. It was hard to find acceptable settings for my and asioasioasios hungarian parliament, these are even more complicated. I hate it that the biggest leaf is 4x4...

7. Bryce3

Bryce3 King of Wessex