Tornado in London

Time to give this multiquote thing another whirl....
Yes, yes I am.

If by 'kewl' you mean 'dead tired'...
By 'kewl' I mean:

Rock hard, like Arnie.
Indifferent, like James Dean.
Unmoved by danger, like James Bond.

But I'll settle for 'dead tired'.

Aren't we though?
Not really. :p
I know. Just rain, mist, and fog. So I'm told anyway.
That's about the size of it.
That's how quick it happens. Beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky, then it clouds up, clouds damn near pitch black, driving rain & hail, funnel cloud (possibly a tornado), and a few minutes later back to a beautiful day. Well at least there were no deaths, and your girlfriend is ok. That's what's important.
Sounds like it was a proper tornado then. Something to be proud of :smug:
Hang. On. A. Minute.

you somehow managed to get a girlfriend? :mischief:
Someone please wake me when this guy says something funny.

Rambuchan said:
Tank_Guy#3 said:
Aren't we though?

Not really.
Perhaps.

Rambuchan said:
Tank_Guy#3 said:
I know. Just rain, mist, and fog. So I'm told anyway.

That's about the size of it.
Dreary old London not that far off, huh?

Rambuchan said:
Tank_Guy#3 said:
That's how quick it happens. Beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky, then it clouds up, clouds damn near pitch black, driving rain & hail, funnel cloud (possibly a tornado), and a few minutes later back to a beautiful day. Well at least there were no deaths, and your girlfriend is ok. That's what's important.

Sounds like it was a proper tornado then. Something to be proud of
Finally, England does something right. Erm, wait, they don't control the weather. Guess they didn't do it right.

She tells me that it was a bright and sunny morning. Then this thing came in, the sky blackened, serious winds of course and she wondered if her roof was going to stay on. Then, within a quarter of an hour or so, it was gone and all was sunny again. Bizarre. Fortunately, no one was hurt it seems. Just plenty of damage to houses and many felled trees.

From sunny to tornado to sunny again in less than 30 minutes?

It suspiciously sounds like an engineered tornado. I say some evil organization is behind this, and I would round up the usual suspects just to make sure... I dunno sure of what, but just to make sure.

From sunny to tornado to sunny again in less than 30 minutes?

It suspiciously sounds like an engineered tornado. I say some evil organization is behind this, and I would round up the usual suspects just to make sure... I dunno sure of what, but just to make sure.
Yeah, and torture them till they speak :evil:
Maybe.
Dreary old London not that far off, huh?
Err, if we were only talking about the weather, that's not far off. The living is another matter entirely :banana:

Tornadoes are for sissy, experience a earthquake (even survive it, if possible), then you can join the club of the 'kewl' people. I guess.

Seriously though, i had the misforturne to experience a nasty tornado around 10 years ago near Brest (western tip of Britanny). Scary enough for my taste. And you guys says its common where you live? Gee, i couldn't sleep if its the case. I was watching a fictional documentary about a tornado hitting Dallas, it was filled with huge tornado caught on tape. Yep, scary. :eek:

A earthquake sound more scary though, where can you hide if it happens when you are at home?

I'll be impressed when a volcano hits London, but nothing less.

I'll be impressed when a meteor hits England, seperating the Cornish from the rest of us but causing no actual other bad effects...

I'll be impressed when a meteor hits England, seperating the Cornish from the rest of us but causing no actual other bad effects...
You say it like it's a bad thing :confused:

ooops! :mischief:

An experiment gone wrong.

You say it like it's a bad thing :confused:

Hoist by his own petard. :lol:

I have to agree with Rambuchan though, having a small sea between us and Devon can only really be a good thing.

Tornado Warnings ? what are those ? :crazyeye:
:lol:
We are starting to get tornados here too, especially near where i am :scared: ... They say tornados were never seen around here for as long as anyone remembers. Oh well ... global warming.

Tornados? Big deal. Come to Tornado Alley and you too will be apethetic towards Tornatos ;). (Though I do hold consern to thoes people who are in harms way :sad: )

I have to agree with Rambuchan though, having a small sea between us and Devon can only really be a good thing.
Oh yes! Then Cornwall really can be a seperate country and compete in the Commonwealth Games! Maybe even host them at Flambards! :p

Oh yes! Then Cornwall really can be a seperate country and compete in the Commonwealth Games! Maybe even host them at Flambards! :p
I can't wait for their Eurovision entry: "Arr Arr Arr" by the Pasty Princesses.

On topic: Yes, tornados. Terrible things.

Top Bottom