TOS: WWII In the Pacific Variant-Needs 1

aksully

Deity
Need 1 more player for USA. See post #148 in the Civ3 PBEM Game Registry thread above.

Sully

Game has filled up with Spartaca taking the US. Will email all players Friday morning with details of the game.

Attack on Pearl Harbour!!

Japan stuns the USA with a massive bombardment at Pearl Harbour sinking several ships in port and destroying a fighter squadron on the runway.

Japan captures Hong Kong, Aparri, Bhuket, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore (losing several infantry and a tank attacking Singapore. General MacArthur wets his pants and in spite of his brave words was seen boarding the first ship out of Manila. He won't be back! The collapse of the Philippines is imminent.

2 Commonwealth Battleships were bombed near Singapore but survived as did 2 US ships near Davao. Japan lost one sub. Davao and Manila and some Borneo cities were bombed as well.

Come and get me!

Spartaca

The cowardly attack by Japan upon the US, while at a state of peace, hurt US forces in the Hawaiian Islands and Philippines.

US forces attacked where they could. Kido Butai was attacked causing light damage, but damage nevertheless to the BBs Hiei and Kirishima, and the CA Chikuma.

In the Philippines, Manila and Davoa my be overrun the next turn. However, the Japanese will be without the services of the Veteran BB Ise which was sunk.

The Japs have the benefit of a sneak attack and may yet still secure some victories in the Pacific. However, US forces have begun to mobilize. We may not have the ships and planes to hit the enemy now...we will in the not too distant future!

Gamesave sent to Lord Nut!

Sully

GPS to China (TBB) Save sent last night -- forgot to post here.

Killed two invaders near Rangoon. Suicide squad is digging in to delay the Japanese in Borneo.

Rumors of POW mistreatmen and inhumane treatmen by the Japanese invaders fail to motivate some of the Chinese Forces. Troops were seen retreating from Hankow and Foochow. In other news, A chinese Rifleunit was utterly defeated making a brave but idiotic attack from Nanning. Some reports claim, minor damage to a Jap LTank unit may have been China's only success this week. It is sure to be rough for our comrades along the coast who will have to endure occupation. Our only hope is that our allies can pressure these invaders to turn to the east.

GPS - to Eric A.

GPS to USA

Japan captured Foochow and Nanning and Chungking in China. Medan, Davao, Manila and Rabaol also were captured. Looks like a US city south of Manila was disbanded. 2 British BB's were sunk near Ketapang. 5 US BB's and 4 destroyers were sunk near Pearl Harbour.

My Bad! Forgot the rules for my own game!! Have two games of TOS going concurently and in the other razing is permitted. So yup I goofed. It was Cebu which was razed. Apologies to all. Pretty dumb and mighty embarrassing!
Sully

FLASH.....Dateline-Pearl Harbor.
The battle for supremacy of the seas in the Pacific rages on.

Near Pearl Harbor - The IJN loses the BB Hiei, 3 DDs, and 2 I-Boats :)

Near the Philippines - A Transport and I-Boat were sunk. ;)

USN losses - A SS and a DD. :(

The Japanese Strike Force Kudo Butai is in waters NE between Pearl Harbor and Hilo. US forces have been flown in to protect the two ports.

GPS to Lord Nut

Sully

WVCivnut said:
Destroyed two NI and routed a third northeast of Rangoon.

Sank a transport and damaged a CA northeast of Rabaul.

Nicely Done Admiral Nut! I'm quessing that the Transport was empty and heading back for reinforcements....or did we hit the jackpot and it was one square shy of unloading more troops in Rabual????

Good results near Rangoon too! ;)

Japan doesn't have enough Transports to start with. So far this turn he's lost two. ;)

Sully

GPS Turn 2 (week 50)
From Chinese authorities
Japan losses: NI northeast of Taiyaun, NI northeast of Kunming, NI east of Chunking.

Chinese losses: 2 Infantry, 2 guerilla, and a rifleman.

Japan continues pushing to Chunking, Siain, Chengdu, and other cities.

Thanks allied friends for support and strategy.

Nice aerial photo there Eric.

The Japanese continue there advance through China and the Pacific. A fierce battle was waged for Rangoon. After an intense artillery bombardment, my army and combat engineers further softened up the city and my infantry finished up the job. It helped that 3 of the defenders had left the city to attack my raiding parties. Loss to the Japanese was 1 combat engineer, 5 infantry and 1 MG unit (in a failed attempt to take out a weakened flak unit). The city fell in the end and gave up 2 artilleries and my armour unit continued on to capture Mandalay undefended.

1 sub was sunk near Rabaul, not sure whose. Menado was captured. 1 U.S. destroyer was sunk near Dongola. One U.S. sub and 5 destroyers were sunk in the Pacific.

Tora, Tora Tora!

Top Bottom