1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ToT to FW via Cedric

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Technical Support' started by Neurotic, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Neurotic

Neurotic Chieftain

Hi All,

I recently traded in some File Planet 'Hit Points' and dl'd ToT- an exciting step for me since I'd only ever played Civ 2 seriously on the Playstation!

So I was looking for some Star Trek mods for it, and, one thing led to another, and I realised I'd need the FW addon to do this. So after a quick Google, I came to Cedric's patch page here on fanatics.com. Well, I dl'd the FW 278 patch from that page plus the MGE updates 3,4 and 5, and applied them to my ToT install, but after running ToT I got a couple of error messages (sorry, didn't make a note of em). Fortunately, ToT repaired its'self.

I've also d'ld the dedicated ToT to Civ2 2.4.8 downgrade .exe from Cedric's own page, but that fails to execute because it doesn't recognise the Civ2 exe file!

So, where did I go wrong here? Cedric's instructions are pretty clear, and I'm sure I followed em all. Any insight? Cheers in advance! :)

2. Titi

Titi Chieftain

I'd say you've done nothing wrong, but since you downloaded ToT, it's obviously a version with a no CD patch applied (and therefore your Civ2.exe is a modified one). So, Cedric's patch cannot find the original Civ2.exe...

3. Neurotic

Neurotic Chieftain

Ah ha.... Yes, that would make perfect sense. Hmm....

Thanks for that matey! :)