Total Biscuit is dead :(

sherbz

Deity
Just thought i would stick a notice up for people (in case they were not aware/have not seen) to notify them that Total Biscuit, who has terminal cancer, has been told that his chemo drugs are no longer working and that he has now switched to palliative care.

I have been watching youtube for over a decade now. And Total Biscuit has been a mainstay of that time. In fact, his channel was the very reason i created a youtube account in the first place because i was fed up of scrolling to his channel manually. And he has been a pillar of strength for the gaming community. He came from the community he loved, he fought for that community, he represented that community, and he will never be forgotten by that community either for the eternal service he did not just for gaming, but for youtube too. He also lays a justifiable claim to help invent e-sports, was a key architect in the formation of competitive star craft 2 multiplayer, has a long running show on youtube for everything gaming (the co optional podcast), and i think most importantly - has been upfront and honest about his illness right from the start - and continued to produce content for years despite it. I think he is a dignified and brave person. And i am gutted that it seems his journey in life is at an end (he is just 33 i believe). He has also conducted his criticism and journalism in the best way possible - open, honest, and without prejudice.

If you want, you can leave your wishes for TB and Genna (his wife) at either the Reddit post or you can send an email to his PR account: pr@cynicalbrit.com. *IF YOU DO*, please respect Genna's wish by not including any "potential treatments" or your personal analysis of the situation. Anything you would find on the internet would have already been discussed by TB's doctors. At best, it would raise false hope, but more likely remind them of how dire TB's situation is. (And, it's just as likely any treatments you would be advocating are sham treatments by charatans and con artists.)

And on a personal note i would just like to say that I admire the man. Not just for what he did within gaming. But as a human being as well. And i wish him all the best for what time he has left.

One of the better gaming personalities around, a huge loss for everyone, and very tragic to die in your prime at such a young age. =(

Top Bottom