Total Realism 2.4 (final Warlords version)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Walter Hawkwood, Mar 2, 2010.

1. [ERS]-Dominator

[ERS]-Dominator Chieftain

Hey, this is an utterly excellent mod, best one I've played! However, I'm having repeated Memory Allocation Errors that cause CTDs.

2. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

You can either eliminate or greatly delay them. Have a look here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=225205

And if you have 64-bit system, you'll only need step 1 and you will be free of those errors.

3. Bjarka

Bjarka Chieftain

I have Bad memmory problems too, but I have Windows 7. How do I do then, since this solution is for WinXP?

Thanks for a great mod anyway! :)

4. Walter Hawkwood

For Windows 7 the procedure is the same as in Vista (be sure you know if you have 32 or 64 bit version, though): http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=224178

5. Propunk

Propunk Warlord

Walter, could you open the vikings file I've sent you? Did it work on your pc? It seems that another player had problems with vikings as well. I've also played with romans and germans, and that snag hasn't shown up.

6. Walter Hawkwood

No I can't. I assume it's a save file from a release candidate? Because it won't run on the final release.

7. Propunk

Propunk Warlord

Actually, it's from the latest release (2.4.1). Anyways, I'll start another game to see if it happens again. All the other civs I've played with didn't have this problem. It happened twice, in the late rennaiscence era: there's a ctd and the saves won't load. In case it happens again, I'll report with as many details as possible.

8. Walter Hawkwood

The save is suspiciously low size for the era. This means that it likely got corrupted during the saving process, and is incomplete.

9. Propunk

Propunk Warlord

Walter, I'm sorry to say, but it happened again. This time, it was just like the other player reported: The "wait" wheel kept on spinning for several minutes. I closed the game and couldn't load any of the saves. I'm uploading the three last savegames. It happened in the mid-late rennascence. I was playing as Ragnar. I don't know if it helps, but I rebuilt the map with the game editor.

Attached Files:

10. republic-an

republic-an Chieftain

Anyway to turn off the blood in this mod?

11. republic-an

republic-an Chieftain

Don't see America as a playable civ either.

12. Walter Hawkwood

It is on random maps. We had to axe some civs for the world map; it will come back for BtS version. As for blood, it is integrated into the mod's assets. It is possible to turn off, but it will take quite some work to do. It will require you decompressing vanilla assets and then placing the units from there to Mods/Total Realism/Assets/Art/Units folder.

13. Walter Hawkwood

I am very puzzled by the fact that I can't run your saves. Still, only happens with Vikings and always late Ren?

14. ancares

ancares Chieftain

Congratulations to TR team!. It's a fantastic mod. I'm playing with Carthage and the play is very fierce and amusing. Barbarian are hard opponents.I think this mod can provide a lot of hours of fun. Thank you for all.

15. Propunk

Propunk Warlord

Yes, usually after mercantilism, market relations and merchant adventures. I was playing with a large map and didn't use any older save. In fact, I reinstalled TR beforehand, just to be sure. It doesn't happen to the other civs I've played with. Except for that, the mod is just perfect and I'm having loads of fun with it.:goodjob:

16. Harrier

Harrier Deity

NO. Do not change the X turns to complete to 1. :mad::mad:

The way it is now is actually very very useful. We all know it is only one turn to build with the G.O. What is usefull is how many turns it takes to complete normally.

So - should I use the G.O. in this city or another one. ?!!!

If I take say 6 turns to build a G.O. in a city, I do not want to waste it in a city that can build the required buillding in say 8 turns. But instead, use it in a city that would take say 30 turns. Therefore the display of the number of turns normally required to build is very very usefull.

The way it is displayed currently - is just perfect. Do not change it. :)

If you think it is needed, you could just change the displayed text to say "Builds in 1 turn, normally takes X turns".

17. Hian the Frog

Hian the Frog TR Designer and XML

You're totally right. Players should (must) take care of the usefulness of using and/or building a G.O or not.

A G.O is "just" a good unit very useful on low level cities (like new colonies) or low preoduction cities. A good unit to speed up some key buildings....

18. Yarmoss

Yarmoss Chieftain

I was getting heaps of MAFs in the Renaissance period but since I tried the fix in this link Ive had none and am now in the late Industrial. Thanks heaps for the tip! :D

19. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

I'm perfectly fine leaving it this way too, I just noticed this and wanted to post because can be misleading for some players.
    The best solution would be of course adding Harrier's suggestion: Builds in 1 turn, would take X turns

20. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel Office Linebacker

This is really nice, I'm looking forward to the BTS version very much indeed. While playing the Warlords version though, I am getting assaulted by barbarians like flies on a carcass even with Raging Barbarians turned off.