Total Sea Warfare

I find a problem with this map. Does anyone else see the gold in the corner? Does anyone see how much you start with? Does any one see how much GPT you lose per turn?

Originally posted by NeonInfusion
I find a problem with this map. Does anyone else see the gold in the corner? Does anyone see how much you start with? Does any one see how much GPT you lose per turn?

I concur. TheMoyle, you've allocated (at least for the "Sharks" side) 100GP in the treasury, but there's a loss rate of somewhere around 100GPT even after you cut back all spending and sell unnecessary city improvements. I started losing stealth bombers one per turn and gave up.

Also, you might consider upping the technology side so that you can actually replace units you've lost, and particularly so that you can build a transport and some marines so that there's no deadlock no matter who wins the sea battles.

I'm on Vacation right now and can't fix that but as for the idea of building Marines and transports to capture the last city, i thought i made it so that if you destroyed every ship you would win by victory points.

you could just make all units free under the government editor to fix the cost problem.

Originally posted by TRpwau
or you could allot each civ with a substantial amount of gold to begin with. haven't dl'ed it yet though.

i have done that before, but the players will sometimes use the gold to hurry production and get a huge navy and stuff like that.

i have done that before, but the players will sometimes use the gold to hurry production and get a huge navy and stuff like that.

really? i didn't think the AI was sharp enough to do that on a consistent basis. you might want to play around with the maintanance costs for improvements, etc as well as the costs for unit upkeep

well if you dont change the commerce for the sea and coast tiles the income would still be very low because it usually only makes 2 or 3 gold per tile, so if you give them the max amount of gold, they will eventually run out, or at least a human player would. besides they will probably build improvements like airports and harbors, and then it will cost some gold for maintenence and the gpt will still be pretty low. the coms dont seem to need the gold other than unit up-keep.

adding some extra land tiles w/ hills/mountains/mines may help with the shield/gold problem....
i had a similar problem (ie massive negative gold/turn) in a scenario i did. but, to tell the truth, the ai never seemed to rush any units. or at least it never had an adverse effect against me.

like a map called island hop that should be included in the maps for civ III ptw.

yeah bluemofia, like the island hopping map.

it couldn't hurt adding more land tiles. even just a few. it would add shilds, food and gold. plus it would give each civ an area to land foot units (outside of amphibious landings of course)....having more land tiles would also add the dimension of naval blockades too...

just some thoughts

i dont have conquest, but did TheMoyle make it so bombers and fighters and all that stuff has lethal bombard? and what about the resources to build the units incase if yours all blow up or sink to the bottom of the ocean?

i dont have conquest, but did TheMoyle make it so bombers and fighters and all that stuff has lethal bombard? and what about the resources to build the units incase if yours all blow up or sink to the bottom of the ocean?

i think that conquests has bombers and fighters w/ lethal land and sea bombardment. if i recall correctly, reg civ3 and ptw do not. that's alright b/c you can change this in the editor. go to units and look at the bottom left and highlight lethal land and lethal sea bombardment.
as for the resources, use the editor to make the units buildable w/out the specific resources. ie marines buildable w/out rubber, etc.

Top Bottom