1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[TOT] [TOTPP] Custom Music Patch

Discussion in 'Civ2 - General Discussions' started by Prof. Garfield, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Prof. Garfield

Prof. Garfield Deity Supporter

Here is the Custom Music Patch.

You can download it from the GitHub: https://github.com/ProfGarfield/CustomMusicForTOTPP

(Click the green "Clone or Download" button to download the files.)

This link should always be the current version.

The download is ~85 megabytes, since I included all the Civ II Music that I have (it makes installation instructions easier, too). If you have bandwidth limitations, post a response, and I'll make a smaller download and instructions.

Be sure to read the readme, including the warning that this patch is designed to overwrite files (I think this is a minimal danger, but it is there).

The Custom Music Patch has two main features:

1. User Playlists

A user can add files to Test of Time\Music and edit playlist.txt in order to have a larger variety of music. No events.lua file needed. Unfortunately, the names in Pick Music won't be changed.

2. Custom Music For Scenarios

A scenario creator can ship a custom playlist (changing pick music game.txt) and provide the music files for it.

Questions, comments, bug reports, etc. are all welcome.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    JPetroski and kawabunga like this.