[TOT] [TOTPP] Custom Music Patch

Discussion in 'Civ2 - General Discussions' started by Prof. Garfield, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Prof. Garfield

Prof. Garfield Deity Supporter

Here is the Custom Music Patch.

You can download it from the GitHub: https://github.com/ProfGarfield/CustomMusicForTOTPP

(Click the green "Clone or Download" button to download the files.)

This link should always be the current version.

The download is ~85 megabytes, since I included all the Civ II Music that I have (it makes installation instructions easier, too). If you have bandwidth limitations, post a response, and I'll make a smaller download and instructions.

Be sure to read the readme, including the warning that this patch is designed to overwrite files (I think this is a minimal danger, but it is there).

The Custom Music Patch has two main features:

1. User Playlists

A user can add files to Test of Time\Music and edit playlist.txt in order to have a larger variety of music. No events.lua file needed. Unfortunately, the names in Pick Music won't be changed.

2. Custom Music For Scenarios

A scenario creator can ship a custom playlist (changing pick music game.txt) and provide the music files for it.

Questions, comments, bug reports, etc. are all welcome.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Blake00, JPetroski and kawabunga like this.
  2. Prof. Garfield

Prof. Garfield Deity Supporter

I made a small update to customMusic.lua, basically initializing the random seed. Without it, choosing a 'random' playlist will always yield the same thing (at least until you play a bit and load the game again). It took me a while to notice this.