Tourism bonuses/negatives.

Sharples

Prince
I thought I'd share some percentage bonuses for Tourism. I'll keep editing these, keep in mind all these DON'T need to be added, I'm just giving suggestions for tourism that could make the game more fun, easier, harder, challenging, meaningful, realistic, ect.

Each world wonder adds 1% Tourism bonus. So having like 5 world wonders in your cities would give you 5%.

War between civs gives out a straight -10% tourism for both of the civs.

Public Declaration of Friendship gives 5% Tourism bonus for both players in the DoF.

Defensive Pacts gives 3% Tourism bonus for both civs enacted in the defensive pact.

Research Agreements give a 2% Tourism bonus.

Denouncing a civ will give YOU a -5% Tourism penalty, this is nullifed if both players have denounced each other.

Embargoing someone in the world congress and having it passed will automatically give everyone a -2% Tourism penalty with the civ embargoed. While the civ embargoed gets no penalty.

Being in the tech lead after the Industrial era will give you a 10% Tourism bonus.

Edit 2:

Being in a cooperative war when you ask an AI/Player to be at war with a certain player at the same time gives 5% tourism for both players in the cooperative war together.

Capturing a civs capital will give -2% Tourism modifier with everyone you have met, anyone else after this time will not get the -2% permanent Tourism Modifier.

Satellites gives a 2% Tourism bonus for the first Civilization to discover it, having Satellites and the Apollo Program will make this go to 4%.

Trading with a Civilization is reduced to 15% Tourism instead of 25%. A second trade route to the civilization will go to 20% and a third one with go to 25%. Where it cannot go higher.

Every-time you research a future tech, you will automatically get 1% tourism bonus with all civs.

Producing The Manhattan Project gives -10% Tourism modifier to the person who built it.

An interesting idea to have all these modifiers. It could be interesting, it could be annoying, but it makes sense.

An interesting idea to have all these modifiers. It could be interesting, it could be annoying, but it makes sense.

I love the ideas I make up. I could even request a mod for these if I wanted to, but I'm still developing on it. Some of these can be annoying too, especially if a Civ is getting too far ahead, I.E Brazil.

Top Bottom