Tourism System Reform

Fallen_Kings

Chieftain
The Tourism system in BNW is a complete failure:Tourism is almost useless except for CV,cultural buildings are rarely built even for CV,great works come from digging and warmongering but not from great people...That's why I want to reform this system completely in my mod(MicroWorld),to make it a core element in the game just like Faith added in GK.But I don't have any idea,for now.In MicroWorld mod I added a tourism-based migration system,buffed great works and cultural buildings and nerfed great writer.But that's far less than enough,so I'm here for advice.

Any ideas?:)

MicroWorld Modpack:http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=533127

great works come from digging and warmongering but not from great people
Great Works are only possible through Great People (or the lonely exception of the Parthenon).

I agree with the general idea, though. I don't like Tourism only as a mean of Cultural Victory; they actually added extra effects for the different levels of 'cultural domination', but they are small and usually only reachable if either you have high Tourism or the other has very low Culture, so you're probably going for CV anyway.

Great Works are only possible through Great People (or the lonely exception of the Parthenon).

Great Writer/Artist/Musician are too precious to create great works.Archaeology and War are better means to get great works.

I... I have no idea what you're talking about.
If you do not use the Cultural Great People for their Great Works, that's ok, but you cannot say that Great Works do not come from them.
You explicitly said "[...]great works come from digging and warmongering but not from great people[...]", war does not generate Great Works*, neither do Archaeology (with the rare exceptions from hidden Antiquity Sites); I am saying that you are absolutely wrong, they only come from Great People (with the exceptions noted).

*I understand you're saying that you steal them through War, but that is merely a fallacy, an imperfect perception; the stolen goods still came from Great People.

Top Bottom