1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Tourism

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Linklite, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Linklite

Linklite Warlord

I have a question which I.foresee a bit of back and forth on, so felt it was best to start a thread rather than hijack the quick Q&A. I tried googling to no avail.

I don't understand the tourism thing. Specifically, with the Rock Band "Goes to 11" promotion it says that 50% of the tourism goes to nearby civs. But surely I don't want that? I want as much tourism going to me, and as little as possible going to other people so I can get ahead with the Culture Victory?

2. Myomoto

Myomoto Prince

Culture output generates domestic tourists. Tourism converts other civs' domestic tourists to international tourists visiting your civ. You win the CV if you have more international tourists than anyone has domestic tourists.

Pfeffersack likes this.
  3. Linklite

Linklite Warlord

So when I do a concert with a rock band that has the "it goes to 11" promotion in, say, Freleanor's city Ardennes, which is on the border and very close to Lautaro's city Puel Mapu, both will lose domestic tourists which I will gain as tourists?

tedhebert likes this.
  4. tedhebert

tedhebert Emperor

exactly ! 50% of the value for Lautaro in this case, compared to Freleanor

5. Myomoto

Myomoto Prince

Yup. That's why "it goes to 11" is probably one of the most powerful promotions to get on an experienced rockband.

lotrmith likes this.
  6. Josephias

Josephias Emperor

And a nice way to hijack the Rock Band ban policy if the Civ you actually need tourists from has enacted it.

7. cain3456

cain3456 Prince

I had never considered this. I thought "Goes to 11" kinda sucked, as most of the places the band plays are in the interior.

8. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Probably... yes.
    If your opposition civs all have similar cumulative culture sure, but if one has mega culture it’s more about maxxing them.