Tourists in Israel . Your impressions

Leha

ooseepoosee
Hi .

If any of you CFC members once visited in Israel , did you like country ? Are hotels good ? Service ? Historical sites . What did you like best ?

I haven't visited Israel, but at some point in the future, I would like to do so. Especially if a white Christian won't get lynched for travelling to Jerusalem.

I never think israel was a touristic area:confused: its a war zone:( , i would visit egypt insteed:egypt:

Israel has a lot of tourism. Not all of it is a warzone.

In fifth grade, we had a regular substitute teacher who was in her 70's who had visited Jerusalem a few years earlier. All you needed to do to not have class was to ask her about Jerusalem: she'd ramble about it for hours, everything from how she visited biblical sites to how an 80 year old man selling sovuineers inspired her to go back to work.

Funny thing was you could do it two days in a row and it'd still work. :)

Originally posted by ShiplordAtvar
I haven't visited Israel, but at some point in the future, I would like to do so. Especially if a white Christian won't get lynched for travelling to Jerusalem.

You have nothing to fear , believe me
Muslim tourists , Christian , Buddhists , all kinds trvel freely here and there is alot to see ( especially for christian ;) )

You are allways welcome .

Israel Ministry of Tourism

"If you liked the book... you'll love the country!

ISRAEL

No one belongs here more than you."

:undecide: I don't know how the world would appreciate an Anglo-Saxon genealogy conference invitation on the Tourism Canada main page. How about a Nordic races cultural summit ad cramming space on Germany's State Tourism homepage?

Well it's your country!

Haifa looks appealing. Not too big. A working city that has fun too, plenty of trees and touching water. But I see all this every day. Perhaps I'd better jolt myself with the Negev's weird landscape. Now that I think about it, just putting a foot in the sea without it going numb from chill would be a shock to me. Sane people swim in the Mediterranean?

Yesh lecha kos kafe? <- I'm ready.

Originally posted by Sean Lindstrom
Israel Ministry of Tourism

"If you liked the book... you'll love the country!

ISRAEL

No one belongs here more than you."

:undecide: I don't know how the world would appreciate an Anglo-Saxon genealogy conference invitation on the Tourism Canada main page. How about a Nordic races cultural summit ad cramming space on Germany's State Tourism homepage?

Well it's your country!

Haifa looks appealing. Not too big. A working city that has fun too, plenty of trees and touching water. But I see all this every day. Perhaps I'd better jolt myself with the Negev's weird landscape. Now that I think about it, just putting a foot in the sea without it going numb from chill would be a shock to me. Sane people swim in the Mediterranean?

Yesh lecha kos kafe? <- I'm ready.

I have gallons of cofee , drop by :)

Mediterranean is warm and good for swimming .
Try Dead Sea to , it's amasing , person can't drown there even if he wishes because of high amount of salt .

Jerusalem ..... should I explain ?

Metzada , fortress wich romans couldn't take for months .

And more , and more .

Unfortunately there are many interesting things on the territories , but I can't guarantee you will be safe there .

Yeah, I saw pictures of people just floating in the Dead Sea.

As for the interesting things in the territories...well, I can defend myself quite nicely. Though I get along with every Palestinian I have met. I seem to have a good rapport with Arabs.

Anyway, got kind of interested in the Tel Aviv area. Mostly because I met a girl from a suburb of that area.

I once dated a jewish girl that spent 3 months in Israel. She really loved it. I guess what she liked the most was swimming in the Dead Sea without making any effort to float.

Originally posted by The Yankee
As for the interesting things in the territories...well, I can defend myself quite nicely. Though I get along with every Palestinian I have met. I seem to have a good rapport with Arabs.

Too many Israelis have made that mistake and ended up being shot.

Originally posted by The Yankee
Anyway, got kind of interested in the Tel Aviv area. Mostly because I met a girl from a suburb of that area.

Where exactly is she from? The Tel Aviv area is the biggest population center in Israel... Not much to see there though, you can certainly find more impressive buildings in your own city.

I know. But I'm getting a little tired of it. Never really been anywhere, so it's something different.

And she's nea a place called....something Yavne. I think there was another word in front of it...but that's all I remember.

As for getting shot....well....I seem less scared of it than if you were to say it to me three years ago. Too much has happened since.

Maybe...I'm not sure, but if it's not too far south of the city, then that must be it.

Tel Aviv is very alive for young people.
The Israeli Trance/Acid culture and clubbing culture is one of the most developed, if not the most developed, in the world.

Gan Yavne is a regional council just south of Rishon LeZion. Yavne is one of the cities right next to it on the road from Tel-Aviv to Ashdod.

It's not the best place to go to, cause it's a small town. Within driving range (Hell, everything is within driving range, so let's say within two hours of driving time), you've got Tel-Aviv and Rishon to the north as the nearest metropolitan centers, south's pointing at Ashdod as a port city and Ashqelon as a growing city, to the east there's Jerusalem and the dead sea, a bit to the south there's the Ramon crater.

If you want to go to 2.5-3 hours driving time, there's Eilat to the south and Haifa to the north.

No wonder she kept talking about the club....I won't have to worry about finding my way around. I'm too poor and time-strapped for now to go.

Originally posted by Sh3kel
Gan Yavne is a regional council just south of Rishon LeZion. Yavne is one of the cities right next to it on the road from Tel-Aviv to Ashdod.

It's not the best place to go to, cause it's a small town. Within driving range (Hell, everything is within driving range, so let's say within two hours of driving time), you've got Tel-Aviv and Rishon to the north as the nearest metropolitan centers, south's pointing at Ashdod as a port city and Ashqelon as a growing city, to the east there's Jerusalem and the dead sea, a bit to the south there's the Ramon crater.

If you want to go to 2.5-3 hours driving time, there's Eilat to the south and Haifa to the north.
Well, there ya go. A lot of Israel in a nutshell. If I ever went, it would be simple to find my way around with a map since, yes, everything is in driving range and I'd be dealing with tens of miles, not hundreds.

There's no worst way of getting to know Israel than with a car...

Top Bottom